Bar Noise

Beggar

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

Calling Pattaya city hall is useless as they collect monthly donations 

Call 1111, and keep on calling.

Had a similar problem about 3 years ago. From memory called 1111 6-7 times and bar was closed down.

1111 contacts Pattaya city hall, each and every time, once Pattaya sees Bangkok is involved they must act.

I know this number and I asked at 1337 City Hotline if this would be more helpful. The answer was:

---

But before I move out I will try what I can - even without bullet proof west. I am really died of moving - I moved and had to move because of my job so many times in my life but then I was much younger. 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

However, what on earth possessed you to buy a condo "in the middle of a huge red light district that gets bigger and bigger every day."? What did you expect to wake you up in the morning? Birdsong?

There was no red light district here in my area for the past 20 years while I just rented. But during the last years endless mostly empty but still noisy bars were built here in Pattaya. It started when the bar closing time got extended to 2/4 am. Anyhow - I would never buy anything here in Pattaya again and I have to admit that it was a very stupid and costly idea ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beggar said:

There was no red light district here in my area for the past 20 years while I just rented. But during the last years endless mostly empty but still noisy bars were built here in Pattaya. It started when the bar closing time got extended to 2/4 am. Anyhow - I would never buy anything here in Pattaya again and I have to admit that it was a very stupid and costly idea ????

What area would that be? I can't think of any area in Pattaya that fits your description. In the past 20 years, bar areas and bars have tended to close down not open up.

I live on the Darkside. Very quiet here, quite rural. I'm woken up in the morning by birdsong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

What area would that be? I can't think of any area in Pattaya that fits your description. In the past 20 years, bar areas and bars have tended to close down not open up.

I live on the Darkside. Very quiet here, quite rural. I'm woken up in the morning by birdsong.

Perhaps you haven't been for a while to Central Pattaya. I am always wondering why they want to put all these endless bars to the city center. But I don't have to understand everything. It is a very unique city center for sure. I wake up by birdsong too... after perhaps 4 hours sleep ???? I could move to the Darkside but I do not want to drive here. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beggar said:

Perhaps I will go to the City Hall directly and complain there. But as Kittenkong wrote they have no teeth and so it might not change anything.  

Somehow I was hoping that someone else had this problem and a successful fight and he could tell me his experience. Sadly I seem to be the only one with such a problem. I know many co-owners that complain too. But if I ask them what they did - nothing. And if I ask them to go with me to the City Hall - no way.

I can assure you that the procedure I described does work. I know several people who have followed it successfully in the same circumstances as yours. A visit or two from the public health people is usually enough. Just be sure to do it the way I described. Either way you have nothing to lose.

The suggestion of calling 1111 is also valid and can be tried if you get nowhere with the public health department. Again if you can get a Thai to call that number and complain, even better.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

I can assure you that the procedure I described does work. I know several people who have followed it successfully in the same circumstances as yours. A visit or two from the public health people is usually enough. Just be sure to do it the way I described. Either way you have nothing to lose.

The suggestion of calling 1111 is also valid and can be tried if you get nowhere with the public health department. Again if you can get a Thai to call that number and complain, even better.

Thank you KittenKong. I know that these seems to be the only options left. I will talk to the bar owner again - no, to the Thai manager. The real owner is an American and he does not want to talk. Then I will try the 1111 and the City Hall before I move out. I have Thai friends that can assist me. The last resort might be a lawyer. But if I am honest I am scared a little bit too because many bars have friends... and I am only here based on a retirement visa. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Perhaps you haven't been for a while to Central Pattaya. I am always wondering why they want to put all these endless bars to the city center. But I don't have to understand everything. It is a very unique city center for sure. I wake up by birdsong too... after perhaps 4 hours sleep ???? I could move to the Darkside but I do not want to drive here. 

Well Central Pattaya was a noisy centre of hedonism 20 years ago.

Agree that the Darkside isn't for you if you can't drive in Thailand. Although it's only 10 minutes drive to that noisy centre of hedonism. The route has also improved vastly over the last couple of years.

34 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

KittenKong is correct. I know of a case in South Pattaya solved similarly. The residents near the offender, including Thais, all signed a petition, however.

So rather than listen to our Little Miss Muffets, get up a petition, maybe see a lawyer as well (a letter from the lawyer to the offender doesn't cost much), and if you haven't, put in double-glazed windows--might be enough to keep you there while you outlast the bar owner. Seen "waiting" work as well; businesses come and go with great frequency in Pattaya, dynanmic place. 'Course, other bars might move in too ????so get to work!

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

But if I am honest I am scared a little bit too because many bars have friends... and I am only here based on a retirement visa. 

One advantage of the public health department is that they dont disclose the name of the person complaining.

9 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

One advantage of the public health department is that they dont disclose the name of the person complaining.

Better for the op to not go back to the bar to complain again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Calling Pattaya city hall is useless as they collect monthly donations 

Call 1111, and keep on calling.

Had a similar problem about 3 years ago. From memory called 1111 6-7 times and bar was closed down.

1111 contacts Pattaya city hall, each and every time, once Pattaya sees Bangkok is involved they must act.

The 1337 City Hotline I called often. The 1111 I never called. Do they speak English? What information do they need?

Perhaps you haven't been for a while to Central Pattaya. I am always wondering why they want to put all these endless bars to the city center. But I don't have to understand everything. It is a very unique city center for sure. I wake up by birdsong too... after perhaps 4 hours sleep [emoji846] I could move to the Darkside but I do not want to drive here. 
What Soi is it? Soi 15 is probably getting noisier, Tree town, made in Thailand, i guess it only takes 1 bar

55 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, Beggar said:

What Soi is it? Soi 15 is probably getting noisier, Tree town, made in Thailand, i guess it only takes 1 bar

Strange thing. I can't select your text without selecting my text too.

If you look at the development in Central Pattaya you can see more and more bars. Look at Soi Buakhao, look at Tree Town and many other places. Central Pattaya is a big red light district in the meantime. There were always bars. But now there are so many new bars. Many of them are without customers. I haven't been to a bar for very many years and I always ask myself how they can survive. Do you know how? One day I was told that many bars are just used for money laundering. But I am not sure if this is correct. And yes you are right - it takes only 1 bar to destroy your life. 

• Haha 1

Strange thing. I can't select your text without selecting my text too.

If you look at the development in Central Pattaya you can see more and more bars. Look at Soi Buakhao, look at Tree Town and many other places. Central Pattaya is a big red light district in the meantime. There were always bars. But now there are so many new bars. Many of them are without customers. I haven't been to a bar for very many years and I always ask myself how they can survive. Do you know how? One day I was told that many bars are just used for money laundering. But I am not sure if this is correct. And yes you are right - it takes only 1 bar to destroy your life. 
I don't go to bars much, maybe once a week or two. How they survive is a mystery, same with many businesses, the answer is probably, they don't survive it's just a slow death

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

The 1337 City Hotline I called often. The 1111 I never called. Do they speak English? What information do they need?

Yes they do speak English . Same information as you gave to 1337.

bar location , hours of noise and how often. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, Beggar said:

In the meantime I also understand that I should have rented a condo and that it was a bad idea to buy one. When I bought it this area was completely quiet. But this is no excuse if you buy something in Pattaya with endless noisy bars. 

Sorry to hear.

And yes, renting is the best choice to manage your living environment here.

Good luck selling it...

I had a similar experience in Pattaya also. I’d rented for one year and was ready to buy only for a loud bar to open opposite. Complaints to city hall had a good effect especially with regard to closing at 2.00am. 

The problem was the base speakers that rendered ear plugs etc useless. Sleep without alchohol was impossible and I was more of an afternoon/early evening drinker. I’d close the balcony doors and turn the tv up but it wasn’t solving anything. I rented another condo at the rear which was much better sound wise but a completely different outlook.

I didn’t bother buying one there in the end and I’m glad because now a shit load more bars are cranking up the volume.

I have heard of people going over, doing a BBQ, and politely suggesting things be kept quiet. (i.e. in CM a guy went over, got drunk with the local neighbors and suggested they BBQ the rooster, which they did. But it seems to be quite the exception.

8 minutes ago, fhickson said:

I have heard of people going over, doing a BBQ, and politely suggesting things be kept quiet. (i.e. in CM a guy went over, got drunk with the local neighbors and suggested they BBQ the rooster, which they did. But it seems to be quite the exception.

Hot cock solution ?

• Haha 1

Rented a airbnb in HCMC in December...up above and next door to a club.  Fortunately I only had to put up with it for 2 weeks, and was mostly out at night ... but there is no escaping the base. Music is one thing...base is the killer...goes thru everything. I don't envy you.

2 hours ago, wisperone said:

Rented a airbnb in HCMC in December...up above and next door to a club.  Fortunately I only had to put up with it for 2 weeks, and was mostly out at night ... but there is no escaping the base. Music is one thing...base is the killer...goes thru everything. I don't envy you.

Yes it is exactly like this. Some people say simply take double glazed windows. Don't listen to them at least if you have a bigger noise problem. It is a tricky thing to block noise with glass and it depends on the thickness of the glass and on the distance between different thick layers of glass. And to block deep frequencies is very hard. As you write they go through everything. 

4 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

The problem was the base speakers that rendered ear plugs etc useless. Sleep without alchohol was impossible 

It is exactly like this. Against deep frequencies nothing helps. Not correct - enough Leo beer help but I can not drink every night. 

2 minutes ago, Beggar said:

It is exactly like this. Against deep frequencies nothing helps. Not correct - enough Leo beer help but I can not drink every night. 

Then why choose to live in Central Pattaya? There are condos in Jomtien and Naklua that aren't surrounded by noisy beer bars.