Retirement extension at Chaengwattana...new TM30 confusion

Some options I've seen mentioned and discussed here and on FB:

Copy of owner's blue book, copy of owner's Thai ID (front & back) both signed in blue ink.

Copy of current contract/lease.

Signed letter from owner detailing your situation with as many details as possible including address, contact info, telephone no. (with blue book, ID)

Any bills showing your current address.

Are you in the same location as you were for the previous renewal?

Just go to CW for new permission of stay. Where did you hear reports? There was a thread some time back about tm30 needed at CW. That guy was based on marriage. I haven't heard one report of tm30 asked for for extension based on retirement. BTW you can do your own tm30 by post if you wish. I would not. Been CW seven extensions. Never done a tm30. Never done a 90 day report in 7 years. However I do take my lease for condo with me for extension. One new requirement at CW is map showing where you live. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Never done a tm30.

Most of us haven't. I know I haven't, ever in ~ 14 years.

Reports of the TM-30 requirement surfaced this week at Chaeng Watthana, maybe they started enforcing it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Any activity requires a TM-30 check, and resolution, including ext/stay (ret or mar) and 90-day reports.

Many, many, many threads/reports on this subject over the past few days.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Copy of owner's blue book, copy of owner's Thai ID (front & back) both signed in blue ink.

Copy of current contract/lease.

Signed letter from owner detailing your situation with as many details as possible including address, contact info, telephone no. (with blue book, ID)

Any bills showing your current address.

Don't forget the signed POA Power of Attorney form (unless your landlord is in tow).

16 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Don't forget the signed POA Power of Attorney form (unless your landlord is in tow).

I have seen nothing stating CW wants that. As far as I know that is only needed in Phuket.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing stating CW wants that. As far as I know that is only needed in Phuket.

It's a must have (everytime) at the Chiang Khan IO if self reporting a TM30 without the landlord present.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
19 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I offered this form at CW a few weeks ago when I did my TM30 and it was accepted.  Would they have required it, had I not had it?  Who knows.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Most of us haven't. I know I haven't, ever in ~ 14 years.

Reports of the TM-30 requirement surfaced this week at Chaeng Watthana, maybe they started enforcing it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Any activity requires a TM-30 check, and resolution, including ext/stay (ret or mar) and 90-day reports.

Many, many, many threads/reports on this subject over the past few days.

A few reports came in on April 5th, but I believe CW halted TM30 enforcement during Songkran season.  Two people reported being denied 30 day extensions on their tourist visas and there was a report that 10 Immigration Officers "raided" the lobby of a Bangkok condo on April 4th and demand to see TM30s and TM28s.  

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093609-tourist-visa-extension-denied-at-immigration-office-due-to-missing-tm30-slip/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093484-thai-immigration-check-bangkok/

I believe one of the guys got his extension without the TM30 the week after he had been refused, but I don't have a link. 

• Confused 1

When I do my annual retirement extension at my local immigration office in Prachinburi, they want a TM30 with end date being the expiry of the extension next year. Not a new requirement, been like this since I arrived 4 years ago.

8 minutes ago, 1DegreeN said:

When I do my annual retirement extension at my local immigration office in Prachinburi, they want a TM30 with end date being the expiry of the extension next year. Not a new requirement, been like this since I arrived 4 years ago.

So have you left Thailand and returned, or otherwise been TM-30 registered elsewhere in Thailand, and have a current, recent TM-30? Or do you just use a previously-issued TM-30 receipt? Or do you annually get a new TM-30?

26 minutes ago, 1DegreeN said:

When I do my annual retirement extension at my local immigration office in Prachinburi, they want a TM30 with end date being the expiry of the extension next year.

Where do you put the end date on a TM30 form. I do not see any place on it other than your permit to stay date written as "Expire date of stay" on page 2.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I do not see any place on it other than your permit to stay date written as "Expire date of stay" on page 2.

That's where I put it, 7th column, "ครบกำหนดอนุญาต Expire date of stay", I used my current expiration date which is in Sep, 2019.

This Immigration Excel spreadsheet has all the codes for visa type, arrival point, etc. in tabs within the spreadsheet.

TM30_FORM.xls Address_manual_1.pdf

52 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So have you left Thailand and returned, or otherwise been TM-30 registered elsewhere in Thailand, and have a current, recent TM-30? Or do you just use a previously-issued TM-30 receipt? Or do you annually get a new TM-30?

The poster in the link says that Prachinburi Immigration wants a new TM30 every time she and her Cambodian household staff leave and reenter Thailand.  She does 15 to 20 TM30s a year.

35 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

That's where I put it, 7th column, "ครบกำหนดอนุญาต Expire date of stay", I used my current expiration date which is in Sep, 2019.

This Immigration Excel spreadsheet has all the codes for visa type, arrival point, etc. in tabs within the spreadsheet.

I was replying to his post that it needed a end date meaning that would be when his report expires. A TM30 report never expires.

That form is not used now that the online reporting is up and working. There were several months a couple of years ago that immigration disabled their extranet for security reasons which meant no online reporting by hotels and etc. 

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That form is not used now that the online reporting is up and working.

I believe the paper TM-30 can still be used? Evidently, some hotels have to fax these in when the online system proves temperamental. They can also be hand-delivered, and mailed, potentially (even emailed, for some offices).

It has the same second page column...7th column ครบกำหนดอนุญาต  Expire date of stay

18 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

The poster in the link says that Prachinburi Immigration wants a new TM30 every time she and her Cambodian household staff leave and reenter Thailand.  She does 15 to 20 TM30s a year.

Thanks for that link.

TM30 (1).doc

11 hours ago, SEtonal said:

Two people reported being denied 30 day extensions on their tourist visas..............

This is something that I don't understand with things like the TM30 and your average tourist who would stay in hotels, etc. They are never issued TM30 receipts by the hotels (I don't think they could even do that if they wanted) even though they are registered as staying there.

How would an 'average' tourist staying in a hotel get around the requirement for a TM30 applying for an extension to their tourist visa? Do immigration check with every application applied for? How well is the TM30 database maintained seeing as a hotel has 24 hours to register their guests? For example, day 1 a tourist signs into a hotel at 10:00 and leaves at 07:00 next morning. Signs into hotel No. 2 at 10:00 and applies for an extension to their tourist visa at 11:00 that day.

Where are they staying according to immigration? How would the tourist prove where they were via the required TM30?

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Do immigration check with every application applied for? How well is the TM30 database maintained seeing as a hotel has 24 hours to register their guests?

All good questions.

One hypothesis is that there is a "TM-30 Status" now associated with our Immigration record(s), and it may just be "on" or "off", so that all they're looking for is that a TM-30 is "on record". No clue if a subsequent TM-30 alters one's permanent address? No clue what might happen if you use a different address (say on a TM-47, TM-7, et al.) than either the one on a previous TM-30 or that is part of your record, say from a 90-day report?

I went to CW to do my annual non-B extension in January. I went there the day after I'd arrived back from Hong Kong so that I could do a TM30 at the same time. I live in Bangkok in my own condo.

I asked for a ticket for the non-B extension line and a ticket for the TM30 line. The IO told me to get the annual non-B extension first and then come back to get a ticket for the TM30.

The IOs didn't ask to see a TM30 receipt to get the non-B extension, but when the visa was finally issued it was 4pm and the counter where they give tickets for each line was closed. 

So I went home without getting the TM30 and didn't bother to go back. I still haven't ever done a TM30 after 10 years in Bangkok. This was in January and things might have changed. Others have said that it might also depend on your type of visa whether they expect a TM30 receipt.

Given the increased chatter about tightening up on the TM30 in Bangkok I decided to apply online for login credentials. I registered as a housemaster on 20th April and immigration sent me a login name and password on 28th April. I will do a TM30 the next time I come back from a trip abroad.