TM30 Online, are people using it ?

Update...

I tried reporting myself. I enter all details and save from the input screen. But I get an error message every time I click 'Record' in the top right hand corner. It says "Import data in sequence (1) is incorrect". That suggests the spreadsheets aren't set up correctly to store the data from the forms. I've downloaded and filled in TM30.xls and tried importing that. It uploads it and I can see a new record created, but still isn't accepted when I click Record.

Can't see where I'm going wrong on the data. The xls file has mm/DD/yyyy formats, but these get reformatted to Dd/mm/yyyy.

What a complete shambles.

With a staggering number of tourists, what is it ~ 42 million expected in 2019, it's amazing this system, along with the other ones (paper, fax, email), doesn't collapses under its own weight.

Am I wrong to assume that each tourist gets reported at least once, maybe more in a typical visit? What is that ~ 115,000 individual daily reports on average, at a minimum?

Then you have tens of thousands of ex-pats and foreign workers roaming about. In theory, I should probably have ~ 20 reports annually (4 - 5 intl trips, ~ 8 individual hotel stays; assuming a hotel report, and then another self-report after a hotel stay).

I'm beginning to see the value of the smart-chip implant, or even an ankle bracelet.

• Like 1

The IO who came to my house showed me the data he had on me. One hotel, which I have used several times, last year. Yet I have been in and out of the country maybe 7 or 8 times, in maybe 10 hotels. Seems to me, you set up a completely unusable broken system then go round collecting the fines. Easy money. Clever stuff.

• Like 1

in nearly twenty years living here never once filled in a TM 30 and never been asked even when renewing my retirement visa at CW.

Had a visit from imm on my first retirement visa 2 years ago they never said a word about TM30

so bugger it not going to bother with the stupid thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bangkokspurs said:

in nearly twenty years living here never once filled in a TM 30 and never been asked even when renewing my retirement visa at CW.

Had a visit from imm on my first retirement visa 2 years ago they never said a word about TM30

so bugger it not going to bother with the stupid thing.

In the greater scheme of things, it's only an 800 Baht fine. The bother of doing it is normally more expensive than that, so I understand your position and probably think the same unless they start counting that as some sort of demerit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, keemapoot said:

In the greater scheme of things, it's only an 800 Baht fine.

My daughter and family from the UK, a total of five people, recently stayed at our house. I did a TM30 to register them but if I hadn't would that still be an 800 baht fine or 5 x 800 - 4000 baht?

OK I am trying to register for this. Can anyone tell me what goes onto the field "Accommodation Name" (above the house ID number which comes from the tabian ban).?

And what documents are supposed to be attached, it does not specify?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

OK I am trying to register for this. Can anyone tell me what goes onto the field "Accommodation Name" (above the house ID number which comes from the tabian ban).?

I'm looking at this at the moment.

Not sure about the accommodation name but the red banner next to the document request mentions Tabien Baan, ID Card and Passport

I live with my wife but have my own pink ID card and yellow tabien baan. Does anybody know if I can use them to register myself or must it be a Thai ID and Tabien Baan?

13 minutes ago, sumrit said:

...I Iive with my wife but have my own pink ID card and yellow tabien baan. Does anybody know if I can use them to register myself or must it be a Thai ID and Tabien Baan?

If your wife is the owner or contractual tenant of the residence where you live it is she who must submit the TM.30 notification.

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

If your wife is the owner or contractual tenant of the residence where you live it is she who must submit the TM.30 notification.

It's not submitting a TM30 I asking about. I know how to do that.

I want to register to be able to submit information by the online system that was previously reserved for hotels, guest houses, etc when foreigners stay in our house. We have several friends coming over the next few months and It would be nice to be able to do it online.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

- for a privat house just choose "house" 

- the house id nr comes from the tabian baan

- documents : id card or passport of hous owner + tabian baan or leasing contract ...

002.png

003.png

house id.png

Edited by motdaeng
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I'm looking at this at the moment.

Not sure about the accommodation name but the red banner next to the document request mentions Tabien Baan, ID Card and Passport

I live with my wife but have my own pink ID card and yellow tabien baan. Does anybody know if I can use them to register myself or must it be a Thai ID and Tabien Baan?

the owner or housemaster must register, that is normaly a thai person. in your case it should be your wife ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

- for a privat house just choose "house" 

- the house id nr comes from the tabian baan

- documents : id card or passport of hous owner + tabian baan or leasing contract ...

002.png

003.png

house id.png

Thanks but not asking about accomodation  type, but rather "accomodation name" which is a mandatory field just above house id and does not have a drop down menu. The rest of it I can figure out OK.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks but not asking about accomodation  type, but rather "accomodation name" which is a mandatory field just above house id and does not have a drop down menu. The rest of it I can figure out OK.

Thanks

sorry, my mistake! 

this worked for my (for two house registers) :

- บ้านส่วนตัว = private house

004.png

3 hours ago, motdaeng said:

the owner or housemaster must register, that is normaly a thai person. in your case it should be your wife ...

I am a foreigner married to a Thai.  I  own our condominium, have a yellow tabien baan and chanote theedin in my name. Would I then register for the online TM30 submission service and select jao khong baan for 'position' entry?

10 hours ago, rabas said:

I am a foreigner married to a Thai.  I  own our condominium, have a yellow tabien baan and chanote theedin in my name. Would I then register for the online TM30 submission service and select jao khong baan for 'position' entry?

i have no knowledge about condo owners, but mestro gave you an answer already.

btw some additional information :
- after your successful registration, you get a conformation (see pic).
- next step you get a mail for to confirm your own email address / regristation.
- after a few days you will receive user- and password, you need to change the password when the first login.

- to do the fist time the 24h report is also a little tricky, but the second time will be much easier ...

- see also: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093431-tm30-online/#comments

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-02 um 07.03.05.png

Edited by motdaeng

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

- to do the fist time the 24h report is also a little tricky, but the second time will be much easier ...

Great. Just what I need, another job, and low-level data-entry to boot. How charming. Next, we'll be told we need a work permit to use this system.

I guess if you use the system frequently it might become easier but with 3 or 4 reports each year? Meh.

Now if it were are simple as the 90-day report online system I'd have a different opinion.

Edited by mtls2005

On 4/29/2019 at 8:54 AM, mtls2005 said:

You did this within 48 hours of returning? Or sometime after becoming aware of this requirement?

Coincidentally, I had a short trip to Vietnam just after I received the log-on details so I did it within 48 hours of arrival!

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Great. Just what I need, another job, and low-level data-entry to boot. How charming. Next, we'll be told we need a work permit to use this system.

I guess if you use the system frequently it might become easier but with 3 or 4 reports each year? Meh.

Now if it were are simple as the 90-day report online system I'd have a different opinion.

I fully understand you.

but for many of us the immigration office isn't just around the corner. eg, i am losing always at least half a day ... and my purpose is having to deal with my immigration as less as possible. that means one time per year for my extension ...

to do the 90 report online it takes me 3 minutes on the computer, to do the 24h report online maybe 6 minutes. for me it is clear what i prefer, spending a few (more) minutes at my computer ????

4 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

to do the 24h report online maybe 6 minutes.

If it's six minutes (am awaiting initial username and password), then I will return to apologize, cease whining (on this subject) and self-flagellate.

OK, maybe not that last one.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks

I just put the name of my condo block and condo number, "Acme residence condo 123" if its a house you could probably put private house or Sheryls house etc.

When you log in later whatever you put in that box displays as the property name, Its not anything to do with the property ID as you enter the blue book number for that.

Edited by Peterw42

14 minutes ago, frodo77 said:

Under accommodation name, should it be the owner or the renter? Thanks.

- i just wrote "private house" / for condos or guest houses = just write the name of it!
- as far as i know, this registration is for the house owner only and has nothing to do with the tenant.

after registration, you can do the 24h report for a tenant or if the owner agrees the tenant can do it by himself / herself ...
- there is also a manuel available, but only in thai ... 

20190502.png

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

- as far as i know, this registration is for the house owner only and has nothing to do with the tenant. 

The form has a selection field for one of three categorises of persons that can register, which to the best of my guesswork are.

1) jao khong baan - the owner

2. jao baan - head-master,  person named in the thabien baan.

3. phu khrawp khrawng kkae ha satan - person in possession of or responsible for the living area (housing).

No 3, a long term lessor might qualify for 3 say in the case an owner lives far away/overseas and has no hands on for the quarters. It would depend on the paper work and I am only guessing.

If you can pronounce khrawp khrawng surely they will approve?

I just put the name of my condo block and condo number, "Acme residence condo 123" if its a house you could probably put private house or Sheryls house etc.
When you log in later whatever you put in that box displays as the property name, Its not anything to do with the property ID as you enter the blue book number for that.
Ok I see. It is actually user name.

I registered and got an acknowledgement asking me to click a link to confirm my email. Did that.

But did not receive a password. Will there be another email with that or do I have to do something online?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app