TM30 Online, are people using it ?

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So your friends have successfully used this TM-30 online system? Can you define "success"? Have they received any sort of return confirmation? Have they successfully renewed an extension of stay (recently) without being confronted with the request for a TM-30 receipt?

Good question. If the system has been successfully used, some form of receipt should have been produced that can be printed out and kept in a person's passport. 

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So your friends have successfully used this TM-30 online system? Can you define "success"? Have they received any sort of return confirmation? Have they successfully renewed an extension of stay (recently) without being confronted with the request for a TM-30 receipt?

Yes and yes. Its the same system hotels, guesthouse, condo offices, owners use everyday. I believe you do a print screen if you want something to keep in your passport, otherwis, same as a hotel or guesthouse, apartment the report is in the system..

Immigration should be able to see a current TM30 has been filed. 

14 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Last time I asked at immigration, only businesses such as hotels or similar companies could register to use the TM30 online reporting system.

Has something changed?

For PHUKET:
I was able to sign up and i rent my house,

got a user id and password

now only yearly visits to Phuket immigration  ( do 90 days online as well)

• Like 2

I'm in Bangkok.

I "signed up", got a password and registered myself living in my own condo.

I've printed the report as evidence but beyond that I now nothing more.

I'm not due to do my retirement extension till Dec so I guess I'll find out at CW then if it's okay!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Good question. If the system has been successfully used, some form of receipt should have been produced that can be printed out and kept in a person's passport. 

If you stay in a hotel or guesthose you dont get a TM30 reciept, its a given that they have filed and immigration knows about it, its the same system.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So far I've only seen reports of "screen grabs" of the submittal page(s) offered up as "proof"?

There must be some back-end link, within Immigration (or at least some offices) between the TM-30 database and your personal record(s)? Otherwise, how would they know to flag people? Or are the flagging everyone, and only letting those pass who wither/both have proof and are in their current known-good TM-30 DB?

IMO, if Immigration really wants us to conform to the TM-30 requirement then they should allow us to self-report via email. Might that happen? I suspect I'll be shoveling my driveway in Bangkok before that happens.

A good use of this thread might be to provide a lot more detail re: usage, results, etc, rather than just saying "my wife uses it" or "my friends use it" or "I made a dummy report"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

I'm in Bangkok.

I "signed up", got a password and registered myself living in my own condo.

I've printed the report as evidence but beyond that I now nothing more.

I'm not due to do my retirement extension till Dec so I guess I'll find out at CW then if it's okay!

You did this within 48 hours of returning? Or sometime after becoming aware of this requirement?

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If you stay in a hotel or guesthose you dont get a TM30 reciept, its a given that they have filed and immigration knows about it, its the same system.

And do you get one? I thought that was what immigration looked for when determining whether to let you do a 90 day report or extension renewal? 

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And do you get one? I thought that was what immigration looked for when determining whether to let you do a 90 day report or extension renewal? 

I think they look for either an entry in the system or a paper reciept. People do 90 days and extensions staying in hotels, guest-house etc without a receipt in their hand.

• Like 1

I went out to CW recently to lodge my first TM30 a month after ending up demanding details from the condo owner and many emails requesting the information or advice on whether she had lodged a TM 30. Got hit with a 800 baht fine for late lodgement . But the IO said a the time I can register online this for BKK area. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, egypte said:

Have used it a few times in Chiang Mai and Hua Hin, it is sometimes faster to do it in the office though.
Use 90 days online nearly all the time, when working...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

How can you use it in 2 different locations ? You register an address then log in and do TM30 for that address.

For those that use the system, do you self-report? Or just report others who stay with you or in your properties?

Do you report within 24 hours?

Is it OK to file one's first TM30 online today, using today's date as the arrival date, even though you might have arrived a few weeks ago? I assume there is no mechanism for assessing and collecting a late fine? Or is that assessed when you next visit Immigration?

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

For those that use the system, do you self-report? Or just report others who stay with you or in your properties?

Do you report within 24 hours?

Is it OK to file one's first TM30 online today, using today's date as the arrival date, even though you might have arrived a few weeks ago? I assume there is no mechanism for assessing and collecting a late fine? Or is that assessed when you next visit Immigration?

1)  Just self report

2)  Within 24 hours (required in Chiang Rai)

3)  Cannot change the "Report Date" but could change the "Check In Date".  Don't know what would happen if tried to report a much earlier "Check In Date".  Maybe found out and lose ability to use online system?  Not worth the risk in my opinion.  But if came earlier and reported it as "Checked In Today" there might be a gap between your last hotel check in date and today's date which would raise potential problems/questions?

5 minutes ago, mojaco said:

Don't know what would happen if tried to report a much earlier "Check In Date".  Maybe found out and lose ability to use online system?  Not worth the risk in my opinion.  But if came earlier and reported it as "Checked In Today" there might be a gap between your last hotel check in date and today's date which would raise potential problems/questions?

Bit of a Catch-22 there. Maybe that's the point?

So I go to hotel today, that resets my TM-30 ticker? Then self report online tomorrow?

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Bit of a Catch-22 there. Maybe that's the point?

So I go to hotel today, that resets my TM-30 ticker? Then self report online tomorrow?

Yes, the hotel should report you (make sure they do), then self report the next day should be OK.   Of course the hotel cost might be about the same as a possible fine?

Edited by mojaco

So for those using the TM-30 on-line system, both individual or hotel...

Do you have to report when you leave or check-out, or does the system simply assume that when you pop-up on another TM-30 at a different address?

If you stay permanently at your own address, do you have to keep self reporting, every week, month, year, or just until you get registered elsewhere?

Edited by steve73

1 minute ago, steve73 said:

So for those using the TM-30 on-line system, both individual or hotel...

Do you have to report when you leave or check-out, or does the system simply assume that when you pop-up on another TM-30 at a different address?

If you stay permanently at your own address, do you have to keep self reporting, every week, month, year, or just until you get registered elsewhere?

No report for check out.  No need to report if you just stay at the registered address.

The system is a little confusing for "returning home".  The hotel can put in the day you arrived and also the day you are leaving (or left), so there is a complete tracking.  But when you arrive home you just put in the arrival date and leaving date the same day.  No other way to do that.

14 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I am off to Vietnam for a vacation. When I return I take it I have to report to my office here in Korat within 24 hours. But I plan on spending a few days in BKK.....so how does that work? Thanks.

You report within 24 hours of being physically back at your registered address.  The hotels in Bangkok will do the initial reporting required.

3 hours ago, mojaco said:

...The hotel can put in the day you arrived and also the day you are leaving (or left)...

The hotel does not notify the date you are leaving or have left to immigration. The column "Expire date of stay" is for the expiration date of your permission to stay stamped in your passport.

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

The hotel does not notify the date you are leaving or have left to immigration. The column "Expire date of stay" is for the expiration date of your permission to stay stamped in your passport.

No, on the entry screen there is a "Check-in Date", a "Check-out Date" and a "Date of Arrival", three entry fields.  There is also the "Expire Date of Stay" field.  So four date fields in all.

The "Check-in Date" can only be chosen within 24 hours of the current date.  The "Check-out Date" can be any date (apparently even before the "Check-in Date" so it must not be important?).  The "Date of Arrival" has to be before the "Check-in Date"

Anyway, I always just put the "Check-out Date" the same day as the "Check-in Date"

Edited by mojaco
clarification
  • Like 1

I live on Koh Mak, tiny island, many sea miles from immigration at Laem Ngop. I had a visit from 3 IOs and 3 local police last Saturday. No TM30. 1600 THB fine. The land my house is on belongs to my Thai daughter. The house belongs to me (name on building permit). So I try to register online as this could become a real PITA as I travel a fair bit.

But, the form only lists 3 districts for Trad, which is my province. Meuang, Klong Yai and Khao Saming. My amphur is Koh Kood. So I proceeded, using Klong Yai. They moved the immigration office there last year, then moved it back to Laem Ngop, which is where I report and extend.

I want to contact the immigration department that deals with online registration to ask why only 3 districts listed in Trad. Does anyone have a number? Tried the one that scrolls up on the login screen but no answer.

PS apart from that, registration seemed to go ok. I'm awaiting notification.