Eleven more Future Forward ‘MPs’ face disqualification

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

In response to criticism that he was targeting only anti-junta politicians for disqualification, the social activist said he was gathering information about pro-junta politicians too for violating the same law. He would be lodging complaints soon, he added.

"soon"? Christmas 2020??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem the basis for royalist Srisuwan for his complaint is that the candidates have an association with a company that use a rather regular DBD form that lists scores of possible business operations that may include media activities. That said, every candidates that has been associated with a registered company will be under threat including PPRP. This is not necessarily what was intended under the law but heck, the junta will exploit and milk it to the fullest to perform their dirty deeds. 

The usual knee jerk responses from the ill informed.  This guy may be annoying, and is the self confessed "country's biggest complaints maker", with over 3,000 recorded complaints over the years, but he can hardly be accused of working for the junta.  This is the same guy who threatened to sue the fine arts department over a book they issued giving credit to Prayuth following the coup.  He also complained, on a few different points, that Prayuth wasn't qualified to take part in the election.  He was also instrumental in the Map Tha Phut environmental ruling, and was held in custody by the military for 12 hours for bringing the removal of the 1932 Revolution Plaque to the attention of the public.  I suspect that all of these would be praised by previous posters condemning him for his latest action (and well remember the condemnation of those who removed the plaque on this very forum, by people who wouldn't have had a clue about it if not for the actions of Khun Srisuwan.

Makes one wonder about the "facts" spouted in posts on other political stories...

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Seem the basis for royalist Srisuwan

So the man who protested, and brought the removal of the 1932 revolution Plaque, commemorating the end of absolute monarchy and the beginning of Thai "democracy" to everyone's attention is a royalist?  You couldn't make this up.  Oh, actually you do.

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

The usual knee jerk responses from the ill informed.  This guy may be annoying, and is the self confessed "country's biggest complaints maker", with over 3,000 recorded complaints over the years, but he can hardly be accused of working for the junta.  This is the same guy who threatened to sue the fine arts department over a book they issued giving credit to Prayuth following the coup.  He also complained, on a few different points, that Prayuth wasn't qualified to take part in the election.  He was also instrumental in the Map Tha Phut environmental ruling, and was held in custody by the military for 12 hours for bringing the removal of the 1932 Revolution Plaque to the attention of the public.  I suspect that all of these would be praised by previous posters condemning him for his latest action (and well remember the condemnation of those who removed the plaque on this very forum, by people who wouldn't have had a clue about it if not for the actions of Khun Srisuwan.

Makes one wonder about the "facts" spouted in posts on other political stories...

You are just so gullible to not know that all that is a work to put that in a wrestling term. 

There is no way the Future Forward party is going to win, one way or another it's extinction. And the message is clear. If young(er) people think they'll be allowed to form their own party and oppose the junta they'll be charged with anything and everything. They should be seen but not heard while the old fuddy-duddy junta spend their time...well, I mean, if you have have a cabinet full of wrist watches it takes all day to make sure they are synchronized...and the trips to buy new batteries...d**ned hard work is that.

Even the other parties should be mass protesting against this Junta ruled EC but I don't read any news on that score.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

You are just so gullible to not know that all that is a work to put that in a wrestling term. 

Yes, this guy has been protesting for years, threatened with "disappearance", held by the military, stood up for the environment and the people living in it, co-founded the anti global warming movement of Thailand, just so he could try and get some future (no pun intended) political party banned from an election one day.  And you accuse me of being gullible.  

Just now, ballpoint said:

Yes, this guy has been protesting for years, threatened with "disappearance", held by the military, stood up for the environment and the people living in it, co-founded the anti global warming movement of Thailand, just so he could try and get some future (no pun intended) political party banned from an election one day.  And you accuse me of being gullible.  

I suggest that you read about him and perhaps search under royalist Srisuwan. Not only my opinion. He do all that to make him more appealing but his political deeds are sinister and pro junta. 

46 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

Black days ahead for Thailand.

We will knows if Thai people will accept to be buffaloes fed and used by the elite and military, or if they will have the guts and the power to break the chains once for all.

You have hit the nail painfully on the head, Newcomer71 (the truth is often painful). When all is said and done, that is what it comes down to (tragically). I agree with you (with a very heavy heart).

8 hours ago, Donutz said:

The EC truely is pathetic.  Seems like FFP needs to be shrunk to size or destroyed. And how many Phalang Pracharat members have faced the threat of disqualification for these same reasons? Oh... I see.

Read the OP without those rose-tinted glasses. The social activist who had lodged these charges against 11 FFP politicians says he's gathering facts on pro Junta politicians he suspects of the same error.

In order to be threatened with disqualification for the same reason i.e. owning shares in a media company, you do actually have to own shares in a media company!

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I suggest that you read about him and perhaps search under royalist Srisuwan. Not only my opinion. He do all that to make him more appealing but his political deeds are sinister and pro junta. 

Anyone anti Shin has to be pro Junta in the simple world of Eric.

22 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

You should've realized by now that Shin fan boys aren't interested in any facts. Only their version of reality.

3 hours ago, allanpatty said:

EC is a puppet of Prayut and his cohorts ! This was made clear at the Foreign Correspondents Club post “election “ meeting ! A pathetic joke of an election ! Need other countries not to recognise what will be an illegitimate Gov and parliament

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

All so unfair - because you don't like the result eh Newbie?

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Get updated; it's pro-democracy against anti-democracy. You still old school. 

Another Shin fan boy attempted con!

There's nothing pro real democracy here. No real reforms to install real democracy promised. Just gangs after control. End of.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

His history is openly available on the internet, including the political prisoners in Thailand one. 

"Activist Srisuwan Janya seems to enjoy walking around with a target on his back. That is not a poor taste reflection on the military’s penchant for using snipers to kill demonstrators, but to Srisuwan’s continued attacks on the military and the regime".

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/tag/srisuwan-janya/page/2/

As usual, any attempt to introduce balance to a Thai political thread is a waste of time, as the agenda seeking posters on both sides will refuse to believe that their side is anything other than pure innocence.  Carry on with your disinformation "Two legs good, four legs bad" propaganda sessions without me. 

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Read the OP without those rose-tinted glasses. The social activist who had lodged these charges against 11 FFP politicians says he's gathering facts on pro Junta politicians he suspects of the same error.

In order to be threatened with disqualification for the same reason i.e. owning shares in a media company, you do actually have to own shares in a media company!

I will be waiting with bated breathe that Srisuwan will be that courageous as well as stupid to lodge compliant against any PPRP candidates who have association with registered companies and in the DBD's registration form has a long list of business which include media.The same complaint he leveled on the FFP candidates. 

3 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

His history is openly available on the internet, including the political prisoners in Thailand one. 

"Activist Srisuwan Janya seems to enjoy walking around with a target on his back. That is not a poor taste reflection on the military’s penchant for using snipers to kill demonstrators, but to Srisuwan’s continued attacks on the military and the regime".

https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpress.com/tag/srisuwan-janya/page/2/

As usual, any attempt to introduce balance to a Thai political thread is a waste of time, as the agenda seeking posters on both sides will refuse to believe that their side is anything other than pure innocence.  Carry on with your disinformation "Two legs good, four legs bad" propaganda sessions without me. 

Please don't stop posting. That's what they want! So they can try and deflect to a discussion about the activist and slur his reputation as they have no other answer.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I will be waiting with bated breathe that Srisuwan will be that courageous as well as stupid to lodge compliant against any PPRP candidates who have association with registered companies and in the DBD's registration form has a long list of business which include media.The same complaint he leveled on the FFP candidates. 

And if/when he does, we shall all be waiting with baited breath for your apology to him for accusing him of being a Junta puppet.

Just now, Baerboxer said:

And if/when he does, we shall all be waiting with baited breath for your apology to him for accusing him of being a Junta puppet.

I will take you up on that. If Srisuwan don't lodge the same complaint with the EC, can we conclude that he is a royalist and pro-junta? 

This is what the 2 months is needed for.  Getting rid of those who challenge the status quo.  On other news, 11 FF MPs claim their media company shares where given to them by "a dead friend."

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I noticed Indonesia, a country with 4 or more times the population of Thailand, managed to easily hold an election recently with the results being known within a day. 

Thailand may love to think of themselves as a real major player, but they're quickly becoming even more of a joke recently with this election. They are firmly cementing themselves alongside 3rd world nations with this fiasco. 

This is how they will integrate with China. First rule of communism destroy all opposition. 

Quote:-

"He said he found that at least 11 MP candidates from Future Forward may have breached the law"

Note the "MAY". Let us wait for the outcome. It appears the EC is pulling out all the stops to eliminate a modern, forward looking party that will bring Thailand and its younger generations into the 21st Century. 

6 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:-

"He said he found that at least 11 MP candidates from Future Forward may have breached the law"

Note the "MAY". Let us wait for the outcome. It appears the EC is pulling out all the stops to eliminate a modern, forward looking party that will bring Thailand and its younger generations into the 21st Century. 

Actually, the core demand of Thanathorn is to keep the military away from national governance. This is a commonsense policy that already characterised politics in the West as early as the 19th century (let alone the 21st century)!

This just shows how very, very far Thailand still has to travel ...

4 hours ago, schlog said:

Only reading

social activist Srisuwan i feel like vomiting.

Well on other websites (probably illegal to link to) he's described as a "serial complainer"

......so finally we get the result what the soldiers were aiming to..... 

The whole election was a farce from the beginning, however it shows now that Thailand is fed up with this junta. 

The turmoil is going on as long as the big shots trying to have their share to exploit the country. 

Archived