Australian navy ship HMAS Canberra visits Phuket for maritime exercises

webfact

Australian navy ship HMAS Canberra visits Phuket for maritime exercises

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_9301.jpg

The Australian Navy’s HMAS Canberra, which is carrying helicopters, and HMAS Newcastle arrived in Patong on Saturday to join the ‘Indo-Pacific Endeavour 2019’ .

Air Commodore Rick Owen says, “We visited here to continue the good relationship between Australia and Thailand as well as to practice maritime security operations and search and rescue practice for ‘Indo – Pacific Endeavour’.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/australian-navy-ship-hmas-canberra-visits-phuket-for-maritime-exercises

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-29

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Hopefully the local ladies will help the navy guys enjoy some relaxation while they are there...:thumbsup:.

Saw a few of them out on Saturday night and they were behaving themselves (in the main) and one came over and thanked me for singing a couple of his favourite songs.........was a nice guy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Saw a few of them out on Saturday night and they were behaving themselves (in the main) and one came over and thanked me for singing a couple of his favourite songs.........was a nice guy.

Very much like the Americans as well these days. The times of riotous runs ashore are long gone. They face huge restrictions if they misbehave. The Septics are positively draconian.

11 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Very much like the Americans as well these days. The times of riotous runs ashore are long gone. They face huge restrictions if they misbehave. The Septics are positively draconian.

Agree, as I have met quite a few of the US Navy guys on shore leave here, and they are very polite gentleman, well that's description I will give them, always addressing me as "Sir" and saying the likes of "excuse me" if they are walking anywhere near my line of travail.

Can't speak too highly of them.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

????Show me the way to go home,

I'm tired and I want to go to bed ...????