Do you own a Bike ?

moose7117

Do you own a bike ?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In Thailand

1 x Yamaha Fino

1 x Suzuki 3wheeler(sailing)

1 x Honda 3 wheeler(Saleng)

1 x yamaha Grand Filano

1 x Yamaha Aerox 150

1 x Kawasali H2SX se model

In Australia

1 x Yamaha Tmax.

Edited by moose7117
make better

Yes... But not really a big bike...

Used to have a Yamaha TriCity - (I may get another when the 300cc model comes out as I think they are excellent for the City). 

Currently have a BMWG310GS - (which I may turn in for something larger - been eyeing up the Ducati Monster 821 or 800cc Cafe racer (which was too small in physical size) so the 1100cc Scrambler, or even the G850GS for more out of town riding). 

I could easily have 4 or 5 bikes because there are lots that I kind of like, but nothing yet which makes me pull the trigger and go and get it - so I'm just still scooting about on the baby GS. 

I've never done an out of town trip (over night etc to another area on the motorcycle, I've covered quite a lot of mileage over Thailand in a car)...  A Bike trip is something I'd like to do, just looking for like minded folk for an over nighter or a couple of nights away.... 

The heat at the moment is stifling the MC riding... its just too hot and I find myself taking the car most places until the temperatures drop a little close to lower 30's (c).

• Like 2

There is no such safe bike riding no where on Earth, but here is much worse than anywhere else.

Most of times you have no control on cause of accidents and it does not have much to do with your kind of motorcycle. 

Edited by The Theory

Harley (Heritage Softail) and a Honda (Wave) here. Originally had a Phantom but realized it wasn't worth it.

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Yes.

Loud pipes save lives !

I can testify to that. I had 2 minor accidents over the 15 years I've been riding in Thailand and in both cases, if I'd had louder pipes, I may not have had any.

Up until last year I had long, large "OEM" pipes/mufflers that were so quiet people called my bike a "Honda Davidson" ! They would make noise if I was revving up (i.e. prior to a gear shift or sudden acceleration) but at a normal idle or even low speed "putting" they were very quiet.

I have "shorties" on now that probably won't pass inspection. However, I've noticed on my last couple of trips that people hear me coming now. Many times I've been riding on highways and side roads, in cities and small villages, and see people looking up (or behind them) when they hear the bike coming. It's not as loud as some of the beasts out there but it's enough that people notice it (and maybe think twice before doing something stupid like cutting across in front of me without looking).

Might have to get another set of "quieter" ones to swap with when it comes time for the annual inspection though.