Video: Death of a Thai biker - clocked at 264 kmph

webfact

Doing that type of speed on that type of road is a big gamble!

I once did 160mph (257km/h)....on a completely straight Autobahn with at least a kilometre of clear vision, no junctions and no other traffic, that was enough for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sweatalot said:

he made a fatal mistake. But I don't think he was totally stupid

In fairness his kamikaze attitude would give rise to such a moniker.  

If you would allow me to turn the argument 180 degrees, if he hit someone at 264kmh then your post would most probably be structured to an alternative view.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

How did the video end up on the internet?

Did someone steal the camera while picking up the other bits and pieces?

Unbelievable. 

11 hours ago, smedly said:

Doing that sort of speed on a public B road is quite frankly insane, if it didn't happen this week it was going to happen sooner or later, it was a solo event and nobody else was involved (this time)

There are plenty of tracks in Thailand if people want to go for a reasonably safe blast

People watch MotoGP and see crashes at well above 264kmph and think it is all good if I am wearing the gear - no it isn't, there is nothing hard to hit on a track (except another bike) - on a public road you hit anything solid at more than 50kmph and you are dead no matter what you are wearing and there are plenty of solid things to hit.

RIP

Crash at 260 KPH  just scraped his wrist

3 hours ago, ocddave said:

I drive here every day, 90% of people don't use blinkers, change lanes dangerously and drive like complete idiots. My words are spot on, you must have blinders on not to notice.

And every country would be the same if it weren’t for strict law enforcement and significant financial penalties.

How many of Thai Visa members contributing to this thread have already admitted to riding at high speed?

The deceased made a huge error in judgement and paid with his life, as have motorcyclists in many other countries when doing the same thing.. To draw the conclusion that Thai’s have no brain is simply a racist and moronic sweeping statement, as many are in this thread already.

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

To draw the conclusion that Thai’s have no brain is simply a racist and moronic sweeping statement, as many are in this thread already.

Again, are you blind?!?! Drivers here are the worst there are anywhere in the civilized world, to drive like they do here, they have to have no brains or commonsense. I stand by my comment, until evidence proves otherwise. If you wish I'll post a daily video showing almost every driver driving like an idiot, with at least 100 violation worthy infractions in each trip, with at least a few driving to endanger scenarios. Keep in mind, I drive between Impact Arena in Maung Thung Thani and Ramithibodi Hospital twice every day, there is no way you can dispute the idiocy I see every day on this trip.

Edited by ocddave

11 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Again, are you blind?!?! Drivers here are the worst there are anywhere in the civilized world, to drive like they do here, they have to have no brains or commonsense. I stand by my comment, until evidence proves otherwise.

CEO’s, leaders of Thai Commerce, multitudes of clever hard working employees and people running successful Thai business prove otherwise... They’re probably doing better than you and are proof that you are wrong in your racist and sweeping generalisation that Thai’s have no brains. 

This guy was lacking sensible judgement, as are many people world wide. The stats on Thai roads identify that more of Thailands road users lack the safety education we take for granted in our home countries - that is due to a lack of education and enforcement.

Many of Thailands road users are awful, but not all, many drive quite well. 

When a foreigner dies on a big bike in Pattaya, people make exactly the same comments that tourists visiting Thailand have no brains, again, a sweeping and daft generalisation which fails to recognise reality.

Some people make mistakes, take chances, drive stupidly, while most don’t. In Thailand there are more who make mistakes, take chances and drive stupidly than in our home countries, but the stats still show that most who take to the roads don’t have an accident - given the lack of law enforcement, it often surprises me that there aren’t more accidents here. 

I’d rather drive here than many countries I’ve been to - I suspect many foreigners feel the same.

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Crash at 260 KPH  just scraped his wrist

but walloping down headfirst into the sidewall of that monny drain, is whole lot different kettle of plaa

image.jpeg.ee27ddd0c37ab3a2836727bfe57b8fb6.jpeg

15 minutes ago, ocddave said:

You lost all credibility with that statement.

There are 37,268,255 vehicles registered in Thailand.

Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018 (World Health Organization)

Reported road traffic fatalities (2016) : 21,745
WHO estimated road traffic accidents (2016) : 22,491 
WHO estimated rate per 100,000 population (2016) : 32.7

99.967% of people don’t have an accident in the calendar year - that constitutes ‘many’ who drive without having an accident.

But if you still want to believe all Thai’s don’t have a brain one would have to wonder why your opinions is so poisoned.

There is some awful driving here, more than many countries, but most of it is patient, tolerant and careful... A minority of out and out idiots give us a highly distorted image of the reality.

There is some awful driving here, more than many countries, but most of it is patient, tolerant and careful... A minority of out and out idiots give us a highly distorted image of the reality.

With all due respect you’re working yourself into a corner here, Richard.

You seem to understand that LOS is destruction derby on wheels then argue against your own argument. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I drive among these numnuts every day, it doesn't seem to matter if they are a CEO in a Merc/BMW, they sill drive like idiots. I am so sick of people trying to kill me daily, that I have grown to hate these people with a passion. There is no excuse for the dangerous crap I see daily out there, I am not talking 1 guy either, I lost count after 40 lane changes without blinkers in heavy traffic, in just one trip today, 4 of which were in a safety zone (100m long) on a corner with solid lines between all the lanes, 90% of the cars doing more than double the posted speed limit thru that section. I am not making this up, like I said, I'll post daily videos proving my case.....there is something serious wrong with these people, they are almost suicidal when behind the wheel. If I posted videos for people back home, they would have a heart attack watching these nuts cases.

Edited by ocddave

2 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

God, in his infinite wisdom, used all his materials to make the Thai girl beautiful and had nothing left to make the Thai man with.

This particular Thai man was an idiot with no thought for others who he could have killed. I stand by my original post.

Calling all Thai men stupid is insane and also includes my family and friends. How many people could you have killed in your life by driving a car?

Reading your post, I'm just wondering who made the beautiful Thai girls you seem to see as a reason to like this country? Neither my Thai friends are stupid, nor are my father in law and many people I've known for many years.

He wasn't an idiot, did you know him? He loved to ride fast bikes and had bad luck, such accidents happen all over the world with similar speed, under very similar circumstances, especially when young people ride big bikes. 

And as far as I know, had he more thoughts for others than some posters on this forum. 

He could have, but he didn't kill or harm anybody else. I hope that none of his family or friends will read this forum.

I feel sorry for him, his family and his friends. Just let him rest in peace, he's dead now and please stop calling him an idiot if you didn't know him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

He wasn't an idiot, did you know him? He loved to ride fast bikes and had bad luck, such accidents happen all over the world with similar speed, under very similar circumstances, especially when young people ride big bikes. 

264 kmph is not bad luck. he was crazy and paid with his life. 

and thank god he never took anyone else with him.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ocddave said:

Something is wrong with Thai brains, because they don't even have a self-preservation instinct. 

Please don't tell me that you live here fulltime. Thais have a different common sense that we've developed in a different environment. 

When we see students sitting on top of a pick-up truck, it's easy to call them idiots, but that's how many of them grow up. Does that make them all to people with a mental problem? 

The poor guy enjoyed riding fast bikes and paid a very high price with his own life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

CEO’s, leaders of Thai Commerce, multitudes of clever hard working employees and people running successful Thai business prove otherwise.

Doesn't make them good  drivers in fact it  often makes them even more "entitled"  to drive  like crap.

• Thanks 1

Young guys and fast bikes.

Happen to a buddy of mine when we were "young and invincible". 200km/h on his Hayabusa. Lost control, even fully armoured and helmeted, his inside turned to mush from hitting the road at that speed. Died in the ambulance.

• Sad 1