Pheu Thai party demands EC disband Palang Pracharat party

webfact

Pheu Thai party demands EC disband Palang Pracharat party

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%

The pro-Thaksin Pheu Thai party is demanding that the Election Commission (EC) disband the pro-Prayut Palang Pracharat party on the grounds that an executive committee member of the party is the proprietor and shareholder of a media company.

A petition was submitted to the EC’s Office today (Wednesday) by Mr. Narong Rungthanawong, head of Pheu Thai party’s information and statistics centre, after he found out that Mr. Charnvit Wipoosiri, a candidate and an executive committee member of the Palang Pracharat party, was allegedly the proprietor and shareholder of a media firm when he registered his election candidacy.

Mr. Narong said that the Palang Pracharat party should be held accountable for Mr. Charnvit’s violations of the Constitution and the MP Election Act as a member of the party’s executive committee.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-party-demands-ec-disband-palang-pracharat-party/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-01
  • Like 1

"The Pheu Thai party is also demanding legal action be taken against both the Palang Pracharat party and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Cabinet for alleged misconduct in connection with the approval of a compensation fund for village health volunteers just two days before the March 24th election in a way which would benefit the Palang Pracharat party."

image.png.324fe283ad01c4b622117d7fc76d37df.png???? ????

• Like 2

It's all fixed. Just let the military run run things. Whoever comes out the winner in this one, the other side will be in the streets making everyone's life hell.

I agree - at least, as regards THIS election.

Some of us said many months ago that the whole bogus election should have been boycotted by the entire nation.

Additionally, some of us said that the 'result' would be fixed - the numbers doctored. We were told by some Thaivisa posters more than once: 'Oh no - they would never do that; that is  impossible in this day and age - it cannot happen. They could never get away with doctoring the results.'

Well, what do people say now?
Which of us was right after all ....???

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, daboyz1 said:

I don't know why they have elections in this country. Seems like a big waste of time and money. 

The junta needs to look semi democratic,  so an election would legitimise the army control of the nation. Obviously the junta, EC etc. can only accept one outcome.  Prayuth remaining in power. Here is hoping that one day the Thai people will have had enough of the elites (general, cooperate fat cats etc). That would require mass protest around the country.  Anything to point out the unfairness and mess of these elections are a win. I just hope the trigger will be bloodless. Though precious uprisings don't give much hope 

• Like 1

The junta needs to look semi democratic,  so an election would legitimise the army control of the nation. Obviously the junta, EC etc. can only accept one outcome.  Prayuth remaining in power. Here is hoping that one day the Thai people will have had enough of the elites (general, cooperate fat cats etc). That would require mass protest around the country.  Anything to point out the unfairness and mess of these elections are a win. I just hope the trigger will be bloodless. Though precious uprisings don't give much hope 

Problem is all the Kamnans and Phuyai Bans will be running around in Isaan vote buying. Money first. Democracy second.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Though most research suggest (google Bangkok Post vote buying) that though handing out money is kinda expected, the people end up coting for the party that best aligns with them... mostly based on party views rather than an election program,  but no surprise there.  Even in the west any people don't seem to bother reading programs/policies except whatever is highlighted in the media.

Edited by Donutz

Would be interested to see the actual 'meat' to this allegation as the OP offers very little

This is a major cock-up by PPPR if true, especially, given their cawing over very similar allegation of FFP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

With international community watching , junta will struggle to white wash this one .

standby for next month storm, it’s coming. 

The international community is watching Cambodia, Myanmar and the rest. Do those corrupt countries with their despicable human rights abuses give a damn. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

I don't know why they have elections in this country. Seems like a big waste of time and money. 

That's why they have them, to waste time and make money !!

After all, they aren't doing anything else.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thailand said:

Is it only Issan where there is vote buying, I thought it might be more widespread?

Happens in most provinces. One relative had to hurry back to her province (not far from Bkk), to vote and collect her money. Many villagers are just told who to vote for, so they don't have to think about it. I would bet if they weren't offered money they wouldn't be bothered to vote. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

The international community is watching Cambodia, Myanmar and the rest. Do those corrupt countries with their despicable human rights abuses give a damn. 

None of them rely on foreign trade as much as Thailand 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A petition was submitted to the EC’s Office today (Wednesday) by Mr. Narong Rungthanawong, head of Pheu Thai party’s information and statistics centre, after he found out that Mr. Charnvit Wipoosiri, a candidate and an executive committee member of the Palang Pracharat party, was allegedly the proprietor and shareholder of a media firm when he registered his election candidacy.

What would happen if it was the other way around do you think?  ????

4 minutes ago, connda said:

What would happen if it was the other way around do you think?  ????

nothing, bugger-all, nada, wouldn't have made the papers  ……………...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yellowboat said:

It looks good.  General cha cha can hold his head high when meeting other heads of state.  At least, that is what his delusional little mind is telling him.  Sadly, given Thailand's relative peace for decades, it has shown little progress where worn torn countries and Malaysia forge ahead.  Thailand has some good people but the army will make sure they do not succeed. 

the kids here are taught to not question authority.  it is part of the culture.  have ever wondered why the boys all have the same military haircuts and wear school uniforms?  traditionally it is far from a Western society.  it's all group think to preserve the status quo. 

Edited by malibukid

On 5/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, Thaiwrath said:

"The Pheu Thai party is also demanding legal action be taken against both the Palang Pracharat party and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Cabinet for alleged misconduct in connection with the approval of a compensation fund for village health volunteers just two days before the March 24th election in a way which would benefit the Palang Pracharat party."

image.png.324fe283ad01c4b622117d7fc76d37df.png???? ????

PTP have shown many many times that they can't be relied on to speak the truth - and probably wouldn't know what it was even if it bit them!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

Happens in most provinces. One relative had to hurry back to her province (not far from Bkk), to vote and collect her money. Many villagers are just told who to vote for, so they don't have to think about it. I would bet if they weren't offered money they wouldn't be bothered to vote. 

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and both my wife and 2 neighbours that I know voted in the election. They were NOT told who to vote for, neither were they offered any bribe. 

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

PTP have shown many many times that they can't be relied on to speak the truth - and probably wouldn't know what it was even if it bit them!

Do you believe that the PPRP and the junta government are whiter than white and would never tell a lie or corruptly offer bribes?

A simple yes or no will suffice for an answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So that just makes them the second-most corrupt party in this election behind PP.  Clearly, they're just fighting over the trough with PP; let's just view them as what they are: useful idiots doing the right thing for the wrong reasons.

Do you honestly think your "revelation" is news to most of us on TVF? 

They suck, but FF have even less of a chance without a heavy hitter lined up with them (for now, admittedly) against the greater evil.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I'm pretty sure if the rules were strictly enforced 100% of the candidates would be DQ'd. TiT.

Some thumbs rested waaay heavier on the scale than others, though.  There's the proper context for your statement.