Thunderstorm warning issued for weekend

rooster59

Thunderstorm warning issued for weekend

By The Nation

3pm.jpg.e34b80a1136f039d580ae43a959abe85.jpg

Residents of several provinces in the North, Northeast, Central and East were warned to brace themselves on Saturday for thunderstorms until Monday.

In its seventh warning on summer thunderstorms issued at 5am on Saturday, the Meteorological Department said the thunderstorms were being caused by a high pressure system from China that covers the upper part of the Northeast and the South China Sea, while the southeasterly winds prevailed across the lower North, the Northeast, the Central and the East.

The high pressure or cold weather would hit hot spells that cover upper Thailand, resulting in thunderstorms, gusty winds, and possible hailstones, the warning said.

The affected areas are:

Saturday:

North: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Lamphun, Lampang, Tak, Sukhothai, Uttaradit and Phitsanulok.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram and Surin.

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Uthai Thani, Chainat, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi including Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

Sunday and Monday:

North: Tak, Sukhothai, Uttaradit, Phitsanulok, Kamphaeng Phet, Phichit and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buriram and Surin.

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chainat, Suphan, Kanchanaburi and Ratchaburi including Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368835

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-04
  • Haha 1

Here in rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park it is clouding over and I can hear the thunder at 12:54 pm on Saturday 04 May.

Will it rain? I think so and we have had 3 days of something this already this week.

The mains has been flickering a lot this morning.

52 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Here in rural Khampaeng Phet next to the Mae Wong national park it is clouding over and I can hear the thunder at 12:54 pm on Saturday 04 May.

Will it rain? I think so and we have had 3 days of something this already this week.

The mains has been flickering a lot this morning.

Sugession; don't leave the aircon open.

Bad mains can destroy the equipments.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, sniggie said:

Hot and cloudy here in Nonsang. All quiet but the power has just gone off!  Must be raining somewhere or maybe it's a preemptive strike by PEA.

Perhaps your power lines are from Phetchabun area.

image.png.8347225b779b6e6ac0e5d3f95199f60b.png

black clouds over the whole skyline in Rayong District, big thunder claps, then nothing, not a drop of rain. Someone has a sense of humour. I'm rapidly losing mine.   I was in the UK last week and got soaked three times in 24 hours.  Wish I had a fraction of that here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It looked promising here in Northern BKK a couple of hours ago, it's all disipated now. Still cloudy so maybe something will fire up later, garden needs water and the river is too low to pump ????

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Does this mean the Chinese are calling the shots on the weather as well now ..  

I'm in Kalasin province and love weather from China. It always means wet or cooler weather.

The above list of places doesn't include Kalasin, but we had two hours of heavy, flooding rain this morning. A dozen kms from us they had very little, but a few days ago they had hail and roofs ripped off and we had nothing. Very localised stuff.

The PEA are really, really struggling in the area. The weak power has meant that often the aircon won't work (just blows out hot air as the cooling motor hasn't enough power to kick in) and I've been at my wit's end. Strangely, the two smaller units we have are affected but a bigger one has usually worked okay - most of the time.

I was planning to visit family in the UK later in the year, but after suffering this long hot spell I'm already thinking of postponing the trip until next year's hot season. It's been so hot that during Songkran I ended up being taken to hospital, where the person before me and the one after me were both there due to the heat. I've never been affected like that before. Maybe it's an age thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donim said:

Perhaps your power lines are from Phetchabun area.

image.png.8347225b779b6e6ac0e5d3f95199f60b.png

The power comes from Khampaeng Phet 65 km away. We have been living here for 15 years and with all the new buildings, houses etc the PEA don't seem to have upgraded the transmission lines and transformers.

We had another thunderstorm this lunchtime for about 15 minutes but not so heavy. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm in Kalasin province and love weather from China. It always means wet or cooler weather.

The above list of places doesn't include Kalasin, but we had two hours of heavy, flooding rain this morning. A dozen kms from us they had very little, but a few days ago they had hail and roofs ripped off and we had nothing. Very localised stuff.

The PEA are really, really struggling in the area. The weak power has meant that often the aircon won't work (just blows out hot air as the cooling motor hasn't enough power to kick in) and I've been at my wit's end. Strangely, the two smaller units we have are affected but a bigger one has usually worked okay - most of the time.

I was planning to visit family in the UK later in the year, but after suffering this long hot spell I'm already thinking of postponing the trip until next year's hot season. It's been so hot that during Songkran I ended up being taken to hospital, where the person before me and the one after me were both there due to the heat. I've never been affected like that before. Maybe it's an age thing.

Non clear piss is a big warning sign of dehydration. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Currently looking up river in Nonthaburi.. looks like it may be raining in Pak Ret.  Lightening is fairly close.  When I lived in the desert, somebody asked me if paid for sex... I said, I would pay for some rain.. can't see why not. 

IMG_20190504_182447.jpg

Edited by moontang

4 hours ago, kevvy said:

South of Chiang Rai city , no rain , maybe will come in 7 days.Can see the blue sky this morning

9 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

So far at nearly 11 am north of Chiang Rai , all is still and hot and for once very clear , storm with rain ...oh yes please.

Well I am east of Chiang Rai and we got 5 minutes of rain at about 4pm. Just enough to get me a bollocking for not getting the washing in in time!

Now in the interest of geographical thoroughness, is there anyone west of Chiang Rai who can report in?

????

Edited by JAG

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

black clouds over the whole skyline in Rayong District, big thunder claps, then nothing, not a drop of rain. Someone has a sense of humour. I'm rapidly losing mine.   I was in the UK last week and got soaked three times in 24 hours.  Wish I had a fraction of that here.  

8am in Taphong on the beach chucked it down but friend down the beach in Ban Phe said it didn't rain so heavy.