Pattaya posh, how is it?

Pravda

If I'm to buy a condo in Pattaya, would you recommend this place? What I like about it is the proximity to a bus station as I live in Bangkok and relatively far from the action, so I assume not a lot of Airbnb rental annoyances.

My partner and I looked at this project as an investment.  If I remember, the amenities were nice and there was ample garage parking.  Nice lobby and a sky pool.  Not a huge number of units--a plus.   We were looking at studios and the ones we looked at didn't have an ocean view, one of our requirements.  Ultimately, we didn't buy.  Doesn't mean it couldn't work for you.   Good advice to maybe try a few places on a 1 month rental before buying and I would suggest doing a little thinking about what you plan to do on your weekends in Pattaya--that might help determine where you will be happiest with your getaway place.  (We are doing the reverse and just bought a getaway condo in Bangkok.)  Good luck. 

• Like 2

Yes, rent before buying.
You have to make sure you like the area. Naklua (we live in the area and like it) or out towards Jomtien, some prefer one over the other, each areas got their pros and cons.
If you get noisy neighbours and you bought the place you have to sell it again or live with it. Try buy a condo that is in high demand, much easier to sell on. So many condos for sale in Pattaya so do lots of research before comiting to buy is the way to go.
Good luck.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, quandow said:

I love this website. Currently 3 units for rent:

https://www.hipflat.com/projects/pattaya-posh-mfzczp

It can be of use but it is full of the most ridiculous errors and out of date listings, so anything on it should be taken with a large bucket of salt.

This one in particular completely skews the average sqm price for the building:

https://www.hipflat.com/listings/chonburi-condo-yzofuefn

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

It can be of use but it is full of the most ridiculous errors and out of date listings, so anything on it should be taken with a large bucket of salt.

This one in particular completely skews the average sqm price for the building:

https://www.hipflat.com/listings/chonburi-condo-yzofuefn

A lot of expored ads on that site. Renthub is more accurate.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

what room type you’re interested in?

Size, Prices?

I suspect developer holds still lots of unsold units in the building?

I've seen some 34sqm  one bedrooms on high floors for under 3mil. I'd be interested in those.

• Like 1

Have they finished? I've been keeping an eye on this place for years, but it doesn't look like anyone has moved in yet.

Haven't checked for about 3 months tho, so not sure if there's been progress.

Location wise, there's not much near by to reach by foot, so hopefully you have transport. Baht bus is rare, and closest shopping may be T21 down the end on second.

I looked at the place and saw a few rooms.

They are very very small.  Smaller then The Base and similar construction (seemed cheap}.

The road side seems very noisy no double pane windows.

The ocean side looks good, but there are several construction projects on that side creating some noise.

It is nice and new and modern.  Unfortunately, they already have groups of Chinese coming in for ST rentals.

There were about 10 in the lobby waiting to check in when I was there.

I asked the concierge lady and she said they are not enforcing any rules regarding this.

The pool looked very nice.

• Sad 1