Brake failure: Thirty eight tourists injured as tram crashes at Chiang Mai Night Safari

webfact

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:
4 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Tram? I don't see rails or electricity, for me it's just a bus, or did they mean trolley?

Semantics.

They are road trains. 

Reminds me of this quote:

“If you cannot say what you mean, your majesty, you will never mean what you say and a gentleman should always mean what he says.”

― Reginald Fleming Johnston - tutor to the last Emperor Of China.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm brake failure or Brain failure, ( i think i know which one.)

By the way hows the election going, they must be having trouble altering the results, stupid people must have used pens instead of pencils. makes it hard to rub out.

Rubber wheels? No guidance system on the road.

A pantograph is seen in one of the picture.

That is no tram. Only in very old text 'trackless tram'

An trolleybus it is.

5 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"He said that trams were checked on a daily basis at the park."

To see if they're still there and little else?

Just wondering if 'daily' actually means once a year for a 2 minute check?

Brake failure my @#%

Going off the two main causes of deaths in Thailand,  

Brake failure (Thais) and suicide (farang)

This place will never need to introduce euthanasia. 

If the brakes don't get you. 

You can always top yourself. 

2 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I have been on these buses many times, they travel at walking speed. You got it?

So how do you crash one?

The lions drank the brakes hydrolic fluid ???

The mind boggles at the posibilities, Driver maybe was asleep or brian dead behind the wheel.

I'll go with the second option Brain dead ????

10 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Tram? I don't see rails or electricity, for me it's just a bus, or did they mean trolley?

Symantics my dear Watson. Tram in come countries, trolleys in others. A bus in some countries, a coach in others. A truck in some countries, a lorrie in others. Humor in some countries, humour in others. Nitpick in some countries and nit-pick in others. Just for you.????

It's funny how things change and alter our imaginations. Ten years ago or so, when I would read a topic title like "Thirty-Eight Tourists injured", I'd picture a bunch of farang. Now I picture a bunch of Chinese. I'm not saying that in a negative or racist way -- just an observation of what seems to be the changing demographics of Thai tourism. 

1 hour ago, Benmart said:
11 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Symantics my dear Watson. Tram in come countries, trolleys in others. A bus in some countries, a coach in others. A truck in some countries, a lorrie in others. Humor in some countries, humour in others. Nitpick in some countries and nit-pick in others. Just for you.????

Watson  - a clever man in his own right  speaking here, just finished his picknick and no nits to pick from a bald ball.

' It is your belief, Sherlock, but..

Train are connected lorries and or wagons, pulled by an loc or truck.

RotMahKid, Trams don't need electric per se. In earlier ages they were pulled by horses and later on steam. Trams are guided on the road.

Benmart, the zebrawagon in this thread is rolling on rubber wheels without any guidance on the road. That the power is fed from lines by an pantograp then it is an trolley.   '

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Brake failure: Thirty eight tourists injured as tram crashes at Chiang Mai Night Safari

Competence failure: Thirty eight tourists injured as tram crashes at Chiang Mai Night Safari

Another Thai driver excuse for incompetent  driver  - brakes don't fail ,unless no brake fluid ,highly unlikely and did hand brake fail also /? what about braking via gear box .did that gear box also fail ???? !!!! 

On 5/6/2019 at 8:17 PM, Benmart said:

Or a big golf cart with zebra stripes?

21 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

Another Thai driver excuse for incompetent  driver  - brakes don't fail ,unless no brake fluid ,highly unlikely and did hand brake fail also /? what about braking via gear box .did that gear box also fail ???? !!!! 

But having brake fluid means checking.

But forget, because too difficult to remember.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:17 PM, Benmart said:

Pedantic, just for you, with descriptions from wiki:

A tram is a rail-based public transport system

A trolleybus is an electric bus that draws power from overhead wires using spring-loaded trolley poles. Two wires and poles are required to complete the electrical circuit. This differs from a tram or streetcar, which normally uses the track as the return path, needing only one wire and one pole.

A bus is a road vehicle designed to carry many passengers.

A coach is a bus used for longer-distance service.

Archived