UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

our true master uncle sam usually drags us along for the ride,great excuse for teddy and the bulldogs to start getting all patriotic but not so good for the dead and the UKs finances.

As usual the fact that Sam (and Ivan) saved Europe from occupation is forgotten. The EU now fancies having an armed force, conveniently composed from existing member states' forces. But for the moment the EU is incapable of waging war - and it should stay that way.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Err, you forgotten the members of Nato . ???????????? And it takes a major consensus to prevent anything. And if you throw the US into the argument then since 1946 they have started more wars then any other nation on earth, so thank goodness that NATO is indeed made up in the main of European nations of whom the majority are in the EU and hence have worked together to prevent major conflict

FYI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_NATO

Yes

European Nations not the European Union 

US and Britain were the backbone of NATO, defending West Germany from the Eastern Block nations since the end of the Second World War and paying vast sums of money to do it, so don't give me your EU kept the peace BS

47 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not going so well in France is it though, and it would be news to countries like Greece and Italy that they have prospered, impoverished would be more like it.

EU helped Greece out of the hole they dug themselves into with falsified information during the application process.

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are ........?
Things from YouGov! The very same people who ‘respect the referendum result’.

Again denying facts.

Just now, stevenl said:

EU helped Greece out of the hole they dug themselves into with falsified information during the application process.

They surely did. They helped them falsify it.

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

source?

Here is one from the Remainers fave rag that seems to sum up what I read elsewhere. The main problem was letting them adopt the Euro:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/greece-in-europe-a-short-history

Quote:

Politics also helped Greece join the euro in 2001. Although it was not until 2004 that Athens admitted entry figures had been fudged, the dodgy numbers were an open secret in Brussels. Many other countries were doing the same, albeit on a smaller scale. Only later when Greece buckled under the weight of its debts did European grandees say it had been “a mistake” to allow Greece to join the currency.

9 hours ago, Spidey said:

Sorry but I don't respect a vote that the people voted on based on a pack of lies. Neither do the majority of people in the UK.

As an Aussie I don't have a dog in this fight, but if you believe any referendum or council or general election is not based on a pack of lies then good for you.

At least that has been my experience over the years.

Complaining after the fact is futile.

9 hours ago, Spidey said:

Sorry but I don't respect a vote that the people voted on based on a pack of lies. Neither do the majority of people in the UK.

As an Aussie I don't have a dog in this fight, but if you believe any referendum or council or general election is not based on a pack of lies then good for you.

At least that has been my experience over the years.

Complaining after the fact is futile.

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Perhaps you should check their GDP's from prior to entry as opposed to now. Also I don't recall a European war with France since the Common Market  was conceived, another part of my post that you choose to ignore. . Facts are facts. Please try to understand them please.

The common market was not formed to prevent war, it's a fact that nobody elects the council of ministers who rule over us. No amount of GDP increasing compensates for a bunch of tyrants making laws over us where we have no say in them. The EU Parliament is just a talking shop which rubber stamps what their masters hand to them.

1 hour ago, stag4 said:

Yes

European Nations not the European Union 

US and Britain were the backbone of NATO, defending West Germany from the Eastern Block nations since the end of the Second World War and paying vast sums of money to do it, so don't give me your EU kept the peace BS

I think you got a bit confused here. Firstly the previous poster made if perfectly clear that "NATO is indeed made up in the main of European nations" Not NATO is related to the EU. He is talking about the brake that these civilized nations have put on the warlike tendencies of the US. 

Defending the whole western world against Russian expansion was in all their interests, and everybody in NATO contributed. That was about EXTERNAL aggression. The cold war ended years ago BTW, just in case you hadn't noticed.

This has nothing to do with keeping the peace WITHIN Europe, which nations working together in the EU (Jaw jaw not war war) has certainly helped achieve. This is widely recognised, although Brexiteer cannot imagine that anything good ever came out of the EU.

11 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Any vote based on a series of lies is an affront to democracy. If we have a second vote, based on the facts, Brexit is dead ... that’s democracy.

So can we re run the 1997 election seen as Blair won that with lies ? Just like every other Labour Government!!

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Here is one from the Remainers fave rag that seems to sum up what I read elsewhere. The main problem was letting them adopt the Euro:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/greece-in-europe-a-short-history

Quote:

Politics also helped Greece join the euro in 2001. Although it was not until 2004 that Athens admitted entry figures had been fudged, the dodgy numbers were an open secret in Brussels. Many other countries were doing the same, albeit on a smaller scale. Only later when Greece buckled under the weight of its debts did European grandees say it had been “a mistake” to allow Greece to join the currency.

greece buckled under the weight of its debt. thank god thats an end to that debate. and do you think the greeks are bothered about the UKs debt or the £15k per household before mortgages debt,nope its the sovereign nations problem and the individuals problem,again nowt to do with the EU or Germany

10 hours ago, AlexRich said:

It’s amazing how many IQ points you add when you put on that tin foil hat! Brexiteers remind me of Gollum .... jealously guarding their “precious” Brexit.

and remoaners remind me of petulant brat children that just can’t accept - THEY LOST!!

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

We're just brainstorming - someone might come up with a good idea. 

And what if they do? You think anyone that matters is listening? The MPs certainly are not!

10 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Again, for the slow to learn, it ain't the frecking government's decision. It's parliament that is sovereign - not the frecking government.

Doesn't matter a fig what the government said, what the PM said, what they wrote in their party manifesto. 

watch my lips - the…government…is …the…government….because…it has…a majority…to…push …votes…through…with for freks sake!!!

1 hour ago, bomber said:

greece buckled under the weight of its debt. thank god thats an end to that debate. and do you think the greeks are bothered about the UKs debt or the £15k per household before mortgages debt,nope its the sovereign nations problem and the individuals problem,again nowt to do with the EU or Germany

Dunno. What's a Grecian, Ern?

2 minutes ago, Nanglon said:

Back to our Nige; John Crace, from the feelthy Gwardian, quite rightly disparaging of most politicians at present ......

https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2F2019%2Fmay%2F07%2Fchipper-nigel-farage-grins-and-barely-tries-to-sound-plausible

hasnt got a hope in hell,will end up joining forces with tommy and the EDL,then that will be game over 

1 hour ago, bomber said:

hasnt got a hope in hell,will end up joining forces with tommy and the EDL,then that will be game over 

Oh I don't think he will - he formed his own party to get rid if the baggage  of people like them. 

Having said that, he seems to be picking up some new baggage in the candidates his new party is putting forward.

and isn't strange his new party is as undemocratic as he always says the EU is - you pay your £25, but become a supporter, not a member and have no voting rights. There are no clear policies outside of brexit and only Nigel get to decide what any of them will be . He's a mini-dictator.

Archived