UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If the Government revoked Article 50 it would be undemocratic, but putting any deal to a vote is fine by me, as only another referendum could legitimately overturn the first one. It’ll be champagne and popcorn the night that vote comes in.

So if there was another vote and leave won AGAIN, what would your comment here be...?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Wonder how Poland have recently managed to reduce the pensionable age from 65/6 to 60 when UK have done the opposite and worse???

Catholic opposition to contraception has helped to ensure that their families are larger than ours have been since the mid 60s when generation X superceded the baby boomers & families became smaller as a result of 'the pill'.

More claptrap!

UKIP was far right. It moved to the extreme right with the engagement of Tommy Islam and other extremists.

More clap trap.

UKIP were not, and never have been, far right. It certainly is not extreme but mainstream. You have no idea where right is.

16 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Do do do math? The 9 billion net contribution UK is sending to the EU is not so much. 

Of that money, a lot goes to common projects, like science studies, ESA, etc. etc. Some goes to running the EU itselfs. Paying the civil servants to negotiate great trade deals for all of us. 

But even if there wouldn't be common projects, the 9 billion divided by EU population of 500 million equals to 1.5 euros per month per EU citizen. I don't think that pays much of Polish pensions. How do you think?

Easy - EU money (ha ha) is not equally divided out. The Polish net gain/divvy is similar to the UK net loss/contribution and top of the free money tree. And as far as the great EU trade deals go, they have historically taken ages, to close. Recent deals were only accelerated since the Brexit vote. Strange that!

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

More clap trap.

UKIP were not, and never have been, far right. It certainly is not extreme but mainstream. You have no idea where right is.

'e finks it's in 'is Chair! ????

Image result for alf garnett chair

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

If all the UK 9 billion would go only towards to Poland, that would be 20 euros/month/person

9000000000/38000000/12=19.736 euros.

Not really a massive amount. 

Yes, EU's trade deals are really comprehensive. EU, like any other economic superpower, wishes to protect its own markets and workers. Trade deal include stuff like human and animal rights etc. Perhaps you don't support such things, but those are part of European values. 

But how many Poles of the 38 million are taking a pension right now? By the way the standard minimum is 233 Euros/month for those that do qualify and the retirement age for men is 65, not 60. Not too much of EU propaganda salad dressing for me, please, I have an allergy. 

On 5/7/2019 at 6:48 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

This has to be a joke. The best possible outcome for the establishment if they force a re-run of the referendum would be a vote to remain leaving the score 1 vote leave and 1 vote remain, which would leave a far greater impasse that the current situation, and would require a decider vote. A best of three. This would all waste years and leave the markets, business and house-owners in turmoil. No. We had a referendum. Against all odds Leave won. Now lets get on with it. Thanks.

I someone was about to jump off a 30 storey skyscraper in Pattaya - as such a result would be as the Uk leaving EU- would you say ok , you decided to do that last year so now your on the edge , just jump ! Do you in fact have a brain or ears to listen to the consequences of an utterly absurd move as to leave the EU . In fact i wouldnt be surprised if the EU decided to kick the UK out anyway after idiots like Farage are through .

1 minute ago, Scutty said:

I someone was about to jump off a 30 storey skyscraper in Pattaya - as such a result would be as the Uk leaving EU- would you say ok , you decided to do that last year so now your on the edge , just jump ! Do you in fact have a brain or ears to listen to the consequences of an utterly absurd move as to leave the EU . In fact i wouldnt be surprised if the EU decided to kick the UK out anyway after idiots like Farage are through .

Just jump matey....:coffee1:

47 minutes ago, Loiner said:

More clap trap.

UKIP is EXTREME right wing . Even that fascist farage wants nothing to do with it now and hes practically a nazi .

There were no handouts back then, he worked...Actually I know of Germans who stayed after the war in Pwllheli...

Speak to Peter at Hong Kong Garden, Sisaket about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you in fact have a brain or ears to listen to the consequences of an utterly absurd move as to leave the EU . In fact i wouldnt be surprised if the EU decided to kick the UK out anyway after idiots like Farage are through .

PF ‘consequences’ are all false. The UK can and will survive and thrive after Brexit.
If we were fortunate enough for the EU to kick us out, Farage’s job would be done and he would probably retire a happy man.
We’d all be happy men!

36 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Yet, not all the 9 billion goes to Poland. It's simple as that. They do save and pay their own pensions.

I'm guessing this rather populist move of reducing the pension age will be overturned at some point in any case.

But Poland does have one advantage, they have good amount of working age people, compared to the rest of the western world. This is also the reason, why UK got so many people from the Poland, when UK _decided_ to allow unrestricted access to UK's job markets when Poland joined the EU. Most other countries opted for restrictions at the time, which they were allowed to do. 

There is actually quite funny background story why Poland has so many people who were born in the early 80's. The reason was the martial law and curfew in Poland at the time. 

When people couldn't go out to have fun, they naturally wanted to have a bit more fun inside the home, during evenings and nights. 

I can't really confirm if that's true, but it's a nice story nevertheless. 

Yes, all the 9 billion goes to Poland from the EU, it is as simple as that. I just said the pension age for men has already been held at 65, 60 for women in Poland.

Yes, Poland has this advantage and Poles use it to earn much more money in the UK than they could at home. I can't blame them for that but I can blame the UK politicians for allowing (even encouraging) it and I can loathe and blame the EU's freedom of movement "pillar", which has meant that British workers have been undercut so much that they many are close to being better off on social benefits. Good for big companies but bad for the UK and British people in the long run.

The 80's birth rate story in Poland makes perfect sense.

12 minutes ago, aright said:

If the Brexit Party has a significant showing in the EU Parliamentary Elections should Nigel Farage play a significant role in future Brexit negotiations?

I am not Nigel Farage's biggest fan (but I would vote ffor the Brexit party at the moment). He arguably should have been involved from the outset; he was probably single-handedly responsible for getting Cameron to hold the referendum and his campaigning was undoubtedly responsible for the winning outcome.

A genuine Brexiteer should have headed the negotiations.

I am not Nigel Farage's biggest fan (but I would vote ffor the Brexit party at the moment). He arguably should have been involved from the outset; he was probably single-handedly responsible for getting Cameron to hold the referendum and his campaigning was undoubtedly responsible for the winning outcome.

I genuine Brexiteer should have headed the negotiations.

Same same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Do you mean that there will be a deal, which allows UK to have further negotiations with the EU?

I don't think anybody with half a brain and ability to see the larger pictures takes Farage serious in any parts of the world. He is just a loud speaking machine, which might work within the UK, but it doesn't work as well outside of the country. Adults are running the negotiations in other countries, as well as in the EU.

You are not a Brit, so referring to half a brain is a bit rich...:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Do you mean that there will be a deal, which allows UK to have further negotiations with the EU?

I don't think anybody with half a brain and ability to see the larger pictures takes Farage serious in any parts of the world. He is just a loud speaking machine, which might work within the UK, but it doesn't work as well outside of the country. Adults are running the negotiations in other countries, as well as in the EU.

What worries me Oily is that you actually believe the b0llox you write.... ????????

11 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Going into the EU election Brexit is the most popular party in the UK and people outside my country will not be taking part. It's really insulting to say those people supporting him (10 million people on a full turnout) only have half a brain. 

8 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I genuine Brexiteer should have headed the negotiations.

So David Davis was not a Brexiteer.

Archived