UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

This amused me(small things and minds) 

The UK visa section refused someone a visa to start a business in the UK because in his business plan he'd said the UK was a very stable country. Their argument was that brexit has made it unstable and invalidated the business plan!  

So, it's official! HMG thinks brexit UK is NOT a stable country for new businesses!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bomber said:

hasnt got a hope in hell,will end up joining forces with tommy and the EDL,then that will be game over 

He doesn't care. For years now he has been raking in lots of EU money month after month and will be doing the same again.

All because he doesn't like it.

5 hours ago, bomber said:

hasnt got a hope in hell,will end up joining forces with tommy and the EDL,then that will be game over 

More claptrap!

The Brexit party exists to keep a centre right away from such extremes.

33 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

More claptrap!

The Brexit party exists to keep a centre right away from such extremes.

More claptrap!

UKIP was far right. It moved to the extreme right with the engagement of Tommy Islam and other extremists.

This gave Farage the excuse to leave the party he founded and was no longer omnipotent in.

He formed a new party, Brexit, which occupies the ground that UKIP occupied before, far right.

As a party that unashamedly has a single policy, it may do well in the upcoming Euro elections, which has often been used for extremists to register a protest vote, but with a predictably and understandably low turnout, can in no way be used as an indicator for a future GE, referendum or local election.

To have success in a GE, a party needs a manifesto that covers all issues. Something that UKIP never had, which accounts for their abysmal showing in every GE that they contested, and something that the Brexit party has even less of.

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

... you'll be disappointed if a confirmatory vote comes to fruition.

If? It's looking more likely by the day to be when. Party leaders and MPs, are stealthily softening their stance on a new referendum and quietly introducing the thought as a possibility.

Softening up the sheeple for what is actually an inevitability.

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

More claptrap!

UKIP was far right. It moved to the extreme right with the engagement of Tommy Islam and other extremists.

This gave Farage the excuse to leave the party he founded and was no longer omnipotent in.

He formed a new party, Brexit, which occupies the ground that UKIP occupied before, far right.

As a party that unashamedly has a single policy, it may do well in the upcoming Euro elections, which has often been used for extremists to register a protest vote, but with a predictably and understandably low turnout, can in no way be used as an indicator for a future GE, referendum or local election.

To have success in a GE, a party needs a manifesto that covers all issues. Something that UKIP never had, which accounts for their abysmal showing in every GE that they contested, and something that the Brexit party has even less of.

We have vastly different definitions of far right.

Ann Widdicome, Richard Tice, Annunziata Rees-Mogg , Ben Habib, James Dyson, Roger Daltry........................ far right?......... do me a favour......

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No, a reply to someone who claimed claptrap. I've told you before that I only attack the attackers.

Selective reading again?

Yes, I selected your claptrap and then described it.

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, I selected your claptrap and then described it.

You should take lessons from some (not many) of your fellow Brexieers. @Jip99 replied to the same post with a reasoned and thought out response. You, on the other hand, replied with a smart (in a schoolboy kinda way) one liner which in no way argued against my post or furthered the debate, it was more about attacking the poster than the post.

You're letting the side down. You really need to up your game, if you have one. 

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You should take lessons from some (not many) of your fellow Brexieers. @Jip99 replied to the same post with a reasoned and thought out response. You, on the other hand, replied with a smart (in a schoolboy kinda way) one liner which in no way argued against my post or furthered the debate, it was more about attacking the poster than the post.

Please take note of your last para...

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Similar as I said to one of you allies recently, reasonable posts might generate reasonable responses. 

46 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

We have vastly different definitions of far right.

Ann Widdicome, Richard Tice, Annunziata Rees-Mogg , Ben Habib, James Dyson, Roger Daltry........................ far right?......... do me a favour......

The majority of names you quoted are supporters, not senior members.

Check out these far right racists who are senior members:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/05/brexit-party-figures-who-left-over-offensive-posts-are-still-directors

"Catherine Blaiklock, the first leader of the party, who resigned over a series of anti-Islam messages, and the former treasurer Michael McGough, who was ousted because of antisemitic and other offensive Facebook posts, are still listed as directors."

BTW. I can find no record of James Dyson or Roger Daltry being members of the Brexit Party. Correct me if I'm wrong.

13 hours ago, nauseus said:

Here is one from the Remainers fave rag that seems to sum up what I read elsewhere. The main problem was letting them adopt the Euro:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/greece-in-europe-a-short-history

Quote:

Politics also helped Greece join the euro in 2001. Although it was not until 2004 that Athens admitted entry figures had been fudged, the dodgy numbers were an open secret in Brussels. Many other countries were doing the same, albeit on a smaller scale. Only later when Greece buckled under the weight of its debts did European grandees say it had been “a mistake” to allow Greece to join the currency.

Fine, but what's that got to do with Brexit? The EU have bailed out Greece, probably using some of the UK's contributions as well as the other 20+ countries' funds, but that's what you do when you're in a union.

Now, if the UK leaves the EU there isn't any supporting union in place to bail us out when our economy goes tits-up - which it will for maybe a decade.

12 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Fine, but what's that got to do with Brexit? The EU have bailed out Greece, probably using some of the UK's contributions as well as the other 20+ countries' funds, but that's what you do when you're in a union.

Now, if the UK leaves the EU there isn't any supporting union in place to bail us out when our economy goes tits-up - which it will for maybe a decade.

We managed after the Hitler stuff didn't we...?

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

We can petition!!

They paid no attention to the referendum, they pay no attention to their constituents, they pay no attention to their party leaders. Do you seriously think they will pay attention to a petition - particularly one from TV members.

Maybe they would pay attention to a tank in front of Parliament. But I doubt it.

6 minutes ago, Grusa said:

They paid no attention to the referendum, they pay no attention to their constituents, they pay no attention to their party leaders. Do you seriously think they will pay attention to a petition - particularly one from TV members.

Maybe they would pay attention to a tank in front of Parliament. But I doubt it.

One will visit shortly if you think about it ( ???? )

52 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

You asked for a source for the Greek question. Remember?   

You think the that EU can stand another financial crisis? I don't and we are better off out when that happens.

45 minutes ago, transam said:

We managed after the Hitler stuff didn't we...?

Yes we managed, as we are Brits. However, I can remember as a small child in the 50's, my mother with her ration book, buying orange juice for my sister, and other items that were rationed for 14 Years during/after the war. It is not inconceivable that some goods post brexit would be in short supply/ and/or not readily available, especially meds, which would have to be government managed to lower the mortality risk.

It would be wise for you to consider the possible after-effects of brexit on you and your family members, if implemented, as it sure is not going to be easy.  

38 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Calm down. It was just a light hearted post. <deleted>.

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

Yes we managed, as we are Brits. However, I can remember as a small child in the 50's, my mother with her ration book, buying orange juice for my sister, and other items that were rationed. It is not inconceivable that some goods post brexit would be in short supply/ and/or not readily available, especially meds, which would have to be government managed to lower the mortality risk.

It would be wise for you to consider the possible after-effects of brexit on you and your family members, if implemented, as it sure is not going to be easy.  

We MANAGED didn't we....?

In fact in the 50's I recall they were very happy times, we could even leave our front doors open....Can you now...?

You are scaremongering...

3 minutes ago, transam said:

In fact in the 50's I recall they were very happy times, we could even leave our front doors open....Can you now...?

Being realistic, mate. If I was a betting man the odds favour selective rationing - hell, people are already stockpiling. 

1 minute ago, transam said:

Agree. At least into the 60's most people didn't have much but were essentially happy and friendly - I thought about this later on and realised that this was becasue all the oldies were so happy that the war was over - nothing else mattered. I owe my folks so much more than I ever paid them back.   

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Being realistic, mate. If I was a betting man the odds favour selective rationing - hell, people are already stockpiling. 

They are daft folk.....

The UK rationing period showed that the UK populous were incredibly healthy....It doesn't take much thought to work out why....

4 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Wonder how Poland have recently managed to reduce the pensionable age from 65/6 to 60 when UK have done the opposite and worse???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be reversed when the UK cash flow stops....????

Mind you, half of Poland is now in the UK sending cash in hand money back home....????

That will be reversed when the UK cash flow stops....[emoji39]

Mind you, half of Poland is now in the UK sending cash in hand money back home....[emoji1787]

HaHa! Mind what you say. My grandad was one who relocated to Soho for a better life & without being chased by blokes in big tall boots & smart uniforms!!!!

20 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Wonder how Poland have recently managed to reduce the pensionable age from 65/6 to 60 when UK have done the opposite and worse???

They, Poland, can not do that responsibly. But a presumed connection between brexit and/or cash flow from the UK is nonsense. Simply populist, unsustainable, politics.

5 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

HaHa! Mind what you say. My grandad was one who relocated to Soho for a better life & without being chased by blokes in big tall boots & smart uniforms!!!!

There were no handouts back then, he worked...Actually I know of Germans who stayed after the war in Pwllheli...

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

If? It's looking more likely by the day to be when. Party leaders and MPs, are stealthily softening their stance on a new referendum and quietly introducing the thought as a possibility.

Softening up the sheeple for what is actually an inevitability.

If the Government revoked Article 50 it would be undemocratic, but putting any deal to a vote is fine by me, as only another referendum could legitimately overturn the first one. It’ll be champagne and popcorn the night that vote comes in.

Archived