Parents prepare for new school term

rooster59

3 hours ago, kickstart said:

My wife has just said it is 500 baht /child refund .her daughter has got back 1000 baht for her 2 kids.

Wonder how many nationwide scams are out there using fake receipts for kids that don't exist. 

There's probably a school director in Buriram with receipts for average class sizes of 27,000. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Wonder how many nationwide scams are out there using fake receipts for kids that don't exist. 

There's probably a school director in Buriram with receipts for average class sizes of 27,000. 

Biggest load of nonsense i have read in a while, have you any proof of what you posted, or are you just spouting off?

The crazy thing about the school term, and I place this under Thai logic, is that it starts this Thursday with next Monday being a holiday. I would think starting the term today or next Tuesday would be the go. Just an opinion.

18 hours ago, Falcon said:

Refunded by who? I don’t know where you got this information from but uniform purchases are definitely NOT refunded, just as with book/pens/pencils, school fees, cost of subject books, etc. you seem to have forgotten that this is Thailand, not somewhere where the government actually help with costs of schooling.

So you are incorrect.  Please don't thai bash if you don't know the facts.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The crazy thing about the school term, and I place this under Thai logic, is that it starts this Thursday with next Monday being a holiday. I would think starting the term today or next Tuesday would be the go. Just an opinion.

My twos school and university start today.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, Prairieboy said:

Thailand is a nation of uniforms - from the armed forces to public employees to students in the vain hope that it will inspire teamwork and unity.  Meanwhile the families with 4 or 5 school age children suffer financially by being forced to buy uniforms for their children. 

For families that can barely afford food or proper housing the unnecessary expenditure of one days salary per uniform is ludicrous.  Imagine a western society where one is forced to spend one day's salary per uniform!  (I understand that at least 2 uniforms of each type are required).  I live very near an elementary school and from personal observation it appears that there are different uniforms required for different days of the week.  For arguments sake let us assume that 3 types of uniforms are required each week, 2 sets of each therefore 6 uniforms at 300 baht each is 1800 baht per child.

I firmly believe school uniforms should be abolished, and textbooks and stationary should be supplied free of charge.

most schools in Thailand reimburse 360 thb for school uniform, shoes etc.

also you pay a lot more than one day wage for a uniform in a western society!

or any other clothes you buy in that so called western society.

• Like 1