Thaksin ‘aims at EPL return’

webfact

Thaksin ‘aims at EPL return’

By The Nation

02497b172e567fa532232a561c0744f7.jpeg

Thaksin Shinnawatra

Former Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra is making efforts to buy Premier League side Crystal Palace, according to a report by local media.

ed936835ee449ea74b19b8270d6793c9.jpeg

Mitti Tiyapairat 

Local media cites a source close to Thaksin as confirming he is in negotiations with the Eagles and that Chiangrai United president Mitti Tiyapairat is a possible candidate to represent him at the club. The deal is believed to be around 150 million pounds.

Mitti meanwhile said in an interview with local newspapers that he was not involved with the buying process but would be ready for a new challenge in life.  

"I have no idea about the development of negotiation. However, it will be a challenge for me if I'm really picked to help manage the team. I'm a football lover and always follow football results everywhere. So it will be an hounour if I'm chosen," said Mitti, adding that his priority is however to lead Chiang Rai to the local Thai League title. 

Thaksin bought City in 2007 before selling the club to the Abu Dhabi United Group a year later.

Palace are managed by former England boss Roy Hodgson and finished a very respectable 12th in the table after being under a relegation cloud for much of the season.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/sports/30369319

thenation_logo.jpg

41 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

This is just more of Thaksin keeping himself in the media - cannot be true after the FAs previous experience with him and the "fugitive" issue. The Thaksin media machine is still rolling. He still sees himself returning to Thailand!

There really no issue with the FA regarding the background of Thaksin. Up to the MC 2 major shareholders to sell while listening to the feelings of the club fans. None were too deterred nor interested. MC was losing money and losing matches. Thaksin bought and had a blaze of new signings and MC beginning to win matches. Even beat MU twice in that season. I am big fan of MC. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Good luck with the Fit and Proper person test. Again. 

Thaksin will have no problem passing the 'Fit and Proper Person' test. Like it or not (and personally, I don't - I think it's way too lenient) its requirements pretty much ignore anything arising from outside the UK. Under EPL rules, someone will only fail that test if:

• They have power or influence over another Football League club
  • They hold a significant interest in another Football League club
  • They become prohibited by law from being a director
  • They are filing for bankruptcy
  • They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
  • They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency

None of these apply to Thaksin (unless of course, he still retains some power or influence over Man City, of which I have seen no evidence).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dear K. Thaksin,

Please don't take over at the Stripey Nigels, please look elsewhere in South London.

Charlton Athletic are a friendly, family club on the verge of promotion to the Championship with a much better ground, fantastic training facilities and who have won more trophies than Crystal Palace.

Please help oust the aging Belgian tosser, Roland Duchatalet, the current owner, who spends as much time at The Valley as you do at Rajamangala and less money on players than you'd spend on a meal at The Blue Elephant!

Charlton needs your money support more than any Premier League side.

Yours

MM

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Yes, because the EPL is a right on organisation and would never ever consider allowing an unfit person own a football club. UAE are one of the world's biggest human rights offenders, and over in Paris, not EPL I know, there's the lovely fellas from Qatar.

What a load of crap. How is the UAE one of the worst human rights offenders? I admit they are far from perfect but "worst" is not correct. You are obviously very limited in your knowledge of the world.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The FA's 'Fit and Proper Person' is pretty much a running joke. A good example was George Reynolds' takeover of Darlington FC. Reynolds was a well-known burglar and safe-cracker with a string of convictions and prison sentences to his name. Despite his well-documented reputation as a thief, conman and 'chancer' of the worst kind, he passed the F&PP test.

After taking control of the club he proceeded to run it into the ground with ridiculously over-ambitious plans and massive over-spending. For instance, he built one of the largest stadiums outside the top two divisions (25,000-seat capacity) for a team that had perennially struggled to even get out of the fourth tier. Naturally enough the club went into administration due to his profligacy within a few years, lost their stadium and were expelled from the Football Association. (They subsequently re-formed as a new club, Darlington 1883, before changing back to the old name a couple of years ago). 

Although the EPL regulations are a little stricter than those for the lower Divisions, as far as I can tell from reading them, a man like George Reynolds could still pass the test today.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

There really no issue with the FA regarding the background of Thaksin. Up to the MC 2 major shareholders to sell while listening to the feelings of the club fans. None were too deterred nor interested. MC was losing money and losing matches. Thaksin bought and had a blaze of new signings and MC beginning to win matches. Even beat MU twice in that season. I am big fan of MC. 

Your first sentence is untrue Eric. The FA do not consider Thaksin a fit person to own an English football club. As you say you are a big Manchester City Fan, we can only ponder why you post something incorrect about the club you support.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Thaksin will have no problem passing the 'Fit and Proper Person' test. Like it or not (and personally, I don't - I think it's way too lenient) its requirements pretty much ignore anything arising from outside the UK. Under EPL rules, someone will only fail that test if:

None of these apply to Thaksin (unless of course, he still retains some power or influence over Man City, of which I have seen no evidence).

So why was he made to sell MC by the FA then? 

He certainly tried to retain some influence. One of the "conditions" he negotiated was that the new owners must keep all the photos and references to him as a previous chairman in place. Of course, the didn't!

To be fair, he provided free coaches, match tickets in good seats, scarfs, lunch and dinner for Thai citizens to MC. From memory it was 2 coaches from the London area, I from Birmingham area, and 1 from Manchester area. Wifey and her friends went with the kids a few times. He always came in for the lunch and dinner and was amenable to lots of selfies. As FC chairman go, he wasn't bad.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Your first sentence is untrue Eric. The FA do not consider Thaksin a fit person to own an English football club. As you say you are a big Manchester City Fan, we can only ponder why you post something incorrect about the club you support.

Thaksin bought MC in 2007 for 80M pound BB. What that tell you about the FA. He sold the club a year after due to his assets being confiscated by the post coup government. He could not unfreeze his funds to operate the club and buy new players. There were friction with Erickson culminating with him selling the club and in the process made a profit. You definitely not a EPL fan. 

If Thak's piled some dough into Charlton ( and got rid of that berk Duchately ) instead of Palace then he could have cleaned up in the provinces with shirt sales amongst the loyal .. What with Charlton's colour being full red , not the confusing blue n' red of Palace .. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

What a load of crap. How is the UAE one of the worst human rights offenders? I admit they are far from perfect but "worst" is not correct. You are obviously very limited in your knowledge of the world.  

The only one with limited knowledge seems to be you

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Huh??? Where did I quote they're the "worst"? I said they are one of the biggest human rights offenders. Twisting my words, must be a trump supporter. 

Forced disappearances, airstrikes in Yeman, no freedom of expression, death penalty, death penalty by stoning, flogging, serious lack of woman's rights, harsh laws against the LBGT community, Sharia law and so on.

Edited by ZeVonderBearz
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

The only one with limited knowledge seems to be you

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

No, you are. I didn't say perfect. I said not the worst. Political freedoms and Religous freedoms are different, The UAE has restrictions on both these. I am not saying I agree with it. I am saying I understand it. For the most part, there are very few problems within the UAE. If you look to the country North of the UAE there lies most of the Middle East issues. 

10 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Huh??? Where did I quote they're the "worst"? I said they are one of the biggest human rights offenders. Twisting my words, must be a trump supporter. 

Forced disappearances, airstrikes in Yeman, no freedom of expression, death penalty, death penalty by stoning, flogging, serious lack of woman's rights, harsh laws against the LBGT community, Sharia law and so on.

You must be American then. The UAE is not Saudi Arabia. Go learn some world geography and educate yourself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

No, you are. I didn't say perfect. I said not the worst. Political freedoms and Religous freedoms are different, The UAE has restrictions on both these. I am not saying I agree with it. I am saying I understand it. For the most part, there are very few problems within the UAE. If you look to the country North of the UAE there lies most of the Middle East 

It looks like your knowledge is really limited and you have a problem with reading and comprehension 

Edited by hanuman2543

20 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This thread has brought out a couple of the Thaksin obsessives who have been in hiding over the last few weeks. 

Can I join in too... please let me...  

I could not care less if he bought all the soccer-clubs in the UK. (or the Netherlands). Maybe he is buying them to secretly train red hooligans (like terrorist training clubs). Soccer was known in the UK and my country too for violent hooligans.

So there it is i found his dark motive its kinda like ISIS training grounds ????

(that was a joke just in case you missed it)

I don't see a problem at all with his having businesses, its what he does.