Retirement extension question

Re-800000bht in a Thai bank, 2 or 3 months before applying?

Last year my visa extension expired as I was out of the country for 10 months, so I had to get a NEW visa, which I now need to extend. I have understood that as it's a 1st renewal of this visa, the money must be in the bank 2 months prior to renewal. Am I right?

2 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Depends which office you use

Also, depends on the mood of the IO at the specific office, the IO understanding/knowledge and interpretation of Immigration laws.  Good luck figuring all this out...like playing Russian roulette with these IO idiots.  The only result I expect is, consistent inconsistency.  THat's why agents with BIG brown envelopes gets the job done.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2tall said:

what does?

Some want 3 mths some 2.    Constant variables.  

To OP.  It's helpful when doing visa reports ,and asking visa questions to state which office.

Get more accurate info'  

HTH

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I will be using the Samui office and my money will have been in the bank for 2 months

Under the new rules it is 2 months for every extension application. Since ii is Samui immigration it would be 60 days under the old rules since they probably are going by the old rules.

You will also need a medical certificate to apply for the extension at Samui.

3 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I have understood that as it's a 1st renewal of this visa, the money must be in the bank 2 months prior to renewal. Am I right?

And all future renewals after that according to the new rules (but some IMO's seem to be unaware of this).

Who decides what questions are featured in this section? Seems like this question is asked pretty well every other day and the answers remain the same. Don't people read other posts on the topic before opening a new post. its getting boring guys - lets have some new topics/questions

All members are welcome to open topics with visa questions. Of course many are repetitive.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

I have used Embassy Proof of Income letter for several years. Now have to use 800k. Does this count as a “ new” renewal and only need 2 months or is it a “ regular “renewal so it must be in account for 3 months

APOLOGIES IF REPEAT BUT LOOKED FOR BUT COULD NOT FIND ONE

Thanks

31 minutes ago, Tosseroon said:

I have used Embassy Proof of Income letter for several years. Now have to use 800k. Does this count as a “ new” renewal and only need 2 months or is it a “ regular “renewal so it must be in account for 3 months

APOLOGIES IF REPEAT BUT LOOKED FOR BUT COULD NOT FIND ONE

Thanks

Under the new rules it's only two months for all, first extension or subsequent ones, using the 800K.

As we know some offices are not yet following the new rules.

Under the old rules if your office is still following them, then NO your next extension would not be considered a FIRST extension. So if your office is following the old rules, do season for three months, not two. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, yodsak said:

Some want 3 mths some 2.    Constant variables.  

To OP.  It's helpful when doing visa reports ,and asking visa questions to state which office.

Get more accurate info'  

HTH

For a first application, per the OP's case, 2 months is more widely accepted. The rule is 2 months for all, but some offices still seem to use the old 3 month rule for repeat extension applications. 

I asked Immigration in Jomthien this question and they said 3 months for the first renewal, 2 months after that. 

I don't believe they said that sorry.

The rule before the changes was first extension 2 months and later ones 3 months.

I don't believe they flipped it.

The correct national rule is 2 months for both new and subsequent.

I would be surprised if Jomtien isn't honoring that. Jomtien is definitely up on the new rules otherwise. They are one of the offices ordering bank book checks 3 months after the extension.

Maybe you didn't talk to someone actually at the retirement desk.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Boit said:

I asked Immigration in Jomthien this question and they said 3 months for the first renewal, 2 months after that. 

I have read here that Jomtiem is accepting 2 months for initial and renewal extensions. As per the written order. You may have got the Thai who doesn't know, but will tell you anyhow. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I have read here that Jomtiem is accepting 2 months for initial and renewal extensions. As per the written order. You may have got the Thai who doesn't know, but will tell you anyhow. 

I have heard the same thing about the Jomtien policy but I suppose many people are going to do the three months anyway out of an abundance of caution, and I really can't blame them!

On 5/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Captain 776 said:

I went in person myself to C M Immigration 2 weeks ago with my bangkok bank statement and showed them if that covered the requirement.

They said 3 months.  It was 3 months BEFORE the latest change and it still is 3 months.

Indeed, when I went for a retirement  extension at CW (not CM) in early May, the IO clearly marked a period of 3 months on the copy of my bank book. Confusingly, she then gave me a form (in English) with the new seasoning rules that clearly state 2 months but nobody actually seems to know what the starting date of this new rule is. 

Edited by cormanr7