Trump: U.S. will respond with 'great force' if Iran attacks interests

webfact

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah ???? While their taking delivery of North Korea nuclear bomb technology and you can't blame them if it were true because the big bully won't grow up.

Of course they are. Some posters have the oddest fantasies.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

As said earlier, the World isn't fair. Such is life.

Iran is not above applying threats, albeit not being a super-power, they're effectiveness is more on the regional level.

Iran's history of voluntarily living up to international commitments could be questioned - this is how and why, the so-called Iran Deal came about. That's also the reason for the very strict inspections regime and limitations included.

>>the very strict inspections regime and limitations included.

Which is exactly what Iran was sticking to, before, let's not forget, Trump was the one to renege not Iran.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

As said earlier, the World isn't fair. Such is life.

Iran is not above applying threats, albeit not being a super-power, they're effectiveness is more on the regional level.

Iran's history of voluntarily living up to international commitments could be questioned - this is how and why, the so-called Iran Deal came about. That's also the reason for the very strict inspections regime and limitations included.

after the last time I was there the country is in no condition to fight a war. I was bounced about Iran to see if I could do things with gas turbines without spares, I couldn't do a lot except some calibrations. I have to say I love the country and the people but not the leadership. I was told many times that they are not Farsee (about the leaders) they are Syrians or Palestinians. Take out the leadership, spare the people they are really deserving of being back in the real world.

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

Trump is just trying to distract everyone away from all the investigations against him the same as he did with the Mueller report , Impeachment might just be the best thing .

Lack of evidence be damned.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"I think Iran would be making a very big mistake if they did anything," Trump told reporters as he left the White House on Monday evening for an event in Pennsylvania. "If they do something, it will be met with great force but we have no indication that they will."

What kind of statement is this ? It is damn difficult to do just ' nothing '.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

President Donald Trump warned on Monday Iran would be met with "great force" if it attacked U.S. interests in the Middle East

Bravo ... With a world set for destruction by ecological disasters anyway , that is exactly what is needed ... evil clown !

7 hours ago, dexterm said:

>>the very strict inspections regime and limitations included.

Which is exactly what Iran was sticking to, before, let's not forget, Trump was the one to renege not Iran.

Thanks for stating the obvious. The point made was that the "very strict inspections regime and limitations included" were in place precisely because no one actually trusts Iran to voluntarily adhere to terms. There wasn't anything posted in favor of Trump's withdrawal from the Iran Deal. Somehow doubt you missed the context in which the post was made.

11 hours ago, Morch said:

Well, the point made was that in many instances, local governments do not seem as keen as yourself on USA forces getting out. In most cases, said USA troops were in place long before Trump became president. Now, if Trump was to break such an agreement and pull out USA troops....oh, wait....wasn't that what you wished for?

Oh come on now my post was clear referring to Trump & agreements.

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

They were doing that long prior to Trump becoming President. Please get your historical ducks in a row before kicking off.

Quack, quack !!   No good ducking when a nuke comes ????  posted " you can't blame them if it were true". 

11 hours ago, Morch said:

I shall agree, there distrust with the west has always been and still is.

What good did " the very strict inspections " do.

14 hours ago, Morch said:

You really believe that in the post 9/11 era? A lot of hurt can be effected by small, focused, nearly invisible crew.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Oh come on now my post was clear referring to Trump & agreements.

Yes. And if this was a word associations topic you'd get full marks. But still - how does your comment relate to either of my posts? Apart from the Trump->agreements->ha ha element.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I shall agree, there distrust with the west has always been and still is.

What good did " the very strict inspections " do.

Not sure what your point was on either line.

With regard to the second, though - the agreement seemed to be working well enough, with measures in place. Trump's withdrawal aside, I don't think anyone had any illusions as to Iran adhering to terms without them. If, for example, Iran declares it will not comply with the inspections regime, then other signatories will withdraw as well.

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

You really believe that in the post 9/11 era? A lot of hurt can be effected by small, focused, nearly invisible crew.

Yes. I do. One consequences of the 9/11 thing is heightened awareness for such scenarios. And that aside, while such attacks are possible, they do not stack up to the level of bringing a country to its knees. Not a match for the means available to a super-power. 

Bear in mind, I was referencing threats (as was the post I replied to), rather than actions. The USA can back up its threats, whereas some of Iran's are more on the amusing level. On the regional arena, though, things are different, due to Iran's relative strength vs. rivals.

Archived