How to extend stay after 2nd SETV with extension

The only thing you could get is 7 days to leave the country after paying 1900 baht for an extension that is then denied.

You could do a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry if you qualify for one.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing you could get is 7 days to leave the country after paying 1900 baht for an extension that is then denied.

You could do a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry if you qualify for one.

What is a border hop and how do i qualify for one.

Where can i get the 7 day to leave?

14 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Means you could leave Los and reenter by border if you have not used your 2 ve  per calendar yr. That's if your from country for that qualifies.

7 days to leave is at immigration office.

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Means you could leave Los and reenter by border if you have not used your 2 ve  per calendar yr. That's if your from country for that qualifies.

7 days to leave is at immigration office.

I got my first SETV at the end of last year and got 2nd SETV again. This year i havent used VE (British passport)  but do you think i be denied entry

19 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

A border hop is crossing a border and returning to get a a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Whether you qualify for a visa exempt entry depends upon your nationality.

See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa on Arrival/VOA_แก้ไข 15-03-61.pdf

You apply for an extension at immigration and its denied and you are granted 7 days to leave.

Edit: Since you posted you are from the UK you can get one.

Edited by ubonjoe

1 hour ago, pantsonfire said:

I got my first SETV at the end of last year and got 2nd SETV again. This year i havent used VE (British passport)  but do you think i be denied entry

Will not be denied at border crossing as long as its a normal one following the rules.

Some points about the visa exempt entry since it seems to be new to you.

1. Avoid using the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border to Cambodia. At this crossing, they actively look for ways to make travellers' lives a misery. All other crossings to Cambodia are fine.
  2. If doing the border hop at some crossings to Malaysia, they apply a rule that you must stay overnight in Malaysia.
  3. You must actually enter the other country before returning to Thailand. This means that you must pay for a visa for Cambodia or Laos (exception: a few nationals can enter Laos without a visa). When entering Myanmar, you must pay for a short duration border pass if you have no visa. It is cheaper to pay for the visa on arrival or border pass in US dollars than in baht. I recommend you research exactly what is required for the border crossing you choose.
  4. Most convenient from Bangkok, but very uninteresting and a slight scam, is the border crossing at Ban Phu Nam Ron to Myanmar.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Some points about the visa exempt entry since it seems to be new to you.

1. Avoid using the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border to Cambodia. At this crossing, they actively look for ways to make travellers' lives a misery. All other crossings to Cambodia are fine.
  2. If doing the border hop at some crossings to Malaysia, they apply a rule that you must stay overnight in Malaysia.
  3. You must actually enter the other country before returning to Thailand. This means that you must pay for a visa for Cambodia or Laos (exception: a few nationals can enter Laos without a visa). When entering Myanmar, you must pay for a short duration border pass if you have no visa. It is cheaper to pay for the visa on arrival or border pass in US dollars than in baht. I recommend you research exactly what is required for the border crossing you choose.
  4. Most convenient from Bangkok, but very uninteresting and a slight scam, is the border crossing at Ban Phu Nam Ron to Myanmar.

Which one is the most convenient and quickest?  

12 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

bangkok

The Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar is the nearest crossing to Bangkok. No visa needed there. You get a border pass for Myanmar. You pay 960 baht for transport across no mans land and back again that includes the 500 baht fee for the border pass.

The next closest crossing is Poi Pet to Cambodia. But I would not recommend doing a crossing there

After that the crossing at Ban Laem to Cambodia is the next closest crossing and is a friendly crossing.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar is the nearest crossing to Bangkok. No visa needed there. You get a border pass for Myanmar. You pay 960 baht for transport across no mans land and back again that includes the 500 baht fee for the border pass.

The next closest crossing is Poi Pet to Cambodia. But I would not recommend doing a crossing there

After that the crossing at Ban Laem to Cambodia is the next closest crossing and is a friendly crossing.

Is that achieveable in one day?