Best Burger? Mine.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

taste.png

yeah, and if they can't get Taco Bell right in Thailand they should open a BIG KAHUNA BURGER in BKK as featured in the film Pulp Fiction...have a couple before you go to blow away some dude's shit that made ye lose face...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, marcusarelus said:

Sauteing in melted butter and finished in the oven after this step.

I make my burgers by myself as well:
180 gr of Argentine-/US- or Australian beef.
Grilled 1.5 min./side, finished with butter and "relaxing" at 80° C for 10 min.
(I like them juicy, medium-rare !)
Some pics:
Burger-7.jpg.6fd9e8032ea528858c1f1a6a0a9ea27e.jpgBurger-4.jpg.bf49d4e289a803beb88d334374a20817.jpgBurger-5.jpg.171494de68b093b35be0f89dc63bae84.jpgBurger-3.jpg.2f8b62a9a6ae02fb58458a9cc1676cb8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new Chinese wok this week and after seasoning it tried burger cooking.  Get it real hot so it smokes and put in the burger with no oil - it makes it's own.  2 min on one side and flip it.  Great burger.  I think it will be my new go to burger pan.  

Woks are available from 500 baht to 7,000 depending on if you want a hand pounded one or forged and machine ground.  Handmade Forged tie chao guo Pure Iron Traditional Pot Single Handle No Coating Wok

wok.jpg

thing is, ye can't really re heat a cooked burger but ye sure can re heat some MEAT LOAF...and it's pretty much the same ingredients...1/2 kilo of ground beef from makro and then lo, there is a half pound of ground pork in the freezer, what to do? toss that mother in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients...egg, breadcrumbs, worcester sauce, garlic and onion and etc...and a nice big meatloaf it was too but hadta pour off the fat from the pork...

now that meatloaf looked mighty lonely all by itself when it came outta the oven so dove straight back in the fridge vegetable bin and emerged with half a white cabbage, some fresh chiles and the local petit pois and did the standard stir fried garlic and veg with oyster sauce...now we're cookin'...veg and meatloaf quite nice reheated together the next day...

gotta say that marcusarelus' new wok is lookin' very nice...I use a flat bottomed saute pan for frying meat, bacon and etc...got an aged wok about the same size as in marcusarelus photo for most other things...can't justify buying a new one as the old one is still workin' fine...

11 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

thing is, ye can't really re heat a cooked burger but ye sure can re heat some MEAT LOAF...and it's pretty much the same ingredients...1/2 kilo of ground beef from makro and then lo, there is a half pound of ground pork in the freezer, what to do? toss that mother in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients...egg, breadcrumbs, worcester sauce, garlic and onion and etc...and a nice big meatloaf it was too but hadta pour off the fat from the pork...

now that meatloaf looked mighty lonely all by itself when it came outta the oven so dove straight back in the fridge vegetable bin and emerged with half a white cabbage, some fresh chiles and the local petit pois and did the standard stir fried garlic and veg with oyster sauce...now we're cookin'...veg and meatloaf quite nice reheated together the next day...

gotta say that marcusarelus' new wok is lookin' very nice...I use a flat bottomed saute pan for frying meat, bacon and etc...got an aged wok about the same size as in marcusarelus photo for most other things...can't justify buying a new one as the old one is still workin' fine...

I'd prefer an old one as I had to spend hours seasoning the new one and it smelled up the kitchen and wife yelled at me.  Especially when I gave her the instructions of what she can't cook in it for the first couple of months - and how to wash it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 8:52 PM, atyclb said:

none of your burgers compare with the "koryo burger" the burger served on north korean airline koryo.  actual photo below

nk air burger.jpeg

You've obviously never had a 5-Star chicken burger, absloutely revolting. Your picture looks mouth-watering in comparison.

Archived