Best Burger? Mine.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually what I like is the Pansonic MK-K51P.  It's a heavy glass bowl and cuts.grinds meat better than a conventional grinder.  It has a scalloped and sawtooth blade that is great.  Makes making burgers or sausage really easy.  And it's small not taking up too much room in my kitchen. 

8 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Having kids have been making burgers for years. Minced pork or beef or combine the two, paprika, mixed herbs and flour....can add chilli or anything you want, far better and far far cheaper

It's cheaper if you like mixed pork and beef with seasonings to cover the flavor of the meat.  If however you like corn fed beef it's not better. 

I definitely would have trimmed a bit of that fat off, and cooked on my BBQ, looks pretty damn good though!

Where I live getting a half-decent bun is even harder than getting good quality beef.

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I definitely would have trimmed a bit of that fat off, and cooked on my BBQ, looks pretty damn good though!

Where I live getting a half-decent bun is even harder than getting good quality beef.

I make the buns using a Japanese milk bread recipe with a couple of tablespoons of rye flour added  and less sugar to the bread flour. 

I make do with the frozen ground beef from makro (aus or NZ) with some bread crumbs, an egg or two, a few spices and liberal dosings of Lea and perrins and tabasco...good fer meatloaf and anything else ye got in burgerlandia...some finely chopped onion and garlic added to the mixture ain't half bad neither...

the true test is the cold leftover meatloaf sarnies...with mustard and mayo...

In Hua Hin, we buy beef at Makro. I grind it by machine (Lazada) & freeze it by the pound. Being American, I don't ever use Worcestershire or egg or add pork to my burgers (but they all are good for meatballs or meatloaf).

My burger is:

50% chuck

25% sirloin

25% brisket

Re; (white) fat, many chef's say the best burgers have around 20% fat; some use up to 30%.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Actually what I like is the Pansonic MK-K51P. 

Is that Panasonic model a 110v version from the U.S. that you use with a voltage converter.... or

Is it is a Thai 220v model?... I don't recall seeing much from Panasonic here in terms of decent electric food processors.

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is that Panasonic model a 110v version from the U.S. that you use with a voltage converter.... or

Is it is a Thai 220v model?... I don't recall seeing much from Panasonic here in terms of decent electric food processors.

I bought it at Robinson's here. It's my 4th food processor and the first one I really like. 

1 hour ago, lubfishin said:

The number one tastiest burger of all Thailand. The caramelized onion spread makes this so delicious and tasty. The beef is prime cut. I can't brag about this place enough I'm serious.

Chokchai Steak House
Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
02 259 9596
https://goo.gl/maps/zwjVKQBGCanZF4Ca6

What is prime cut beef?

1 hour ago, Michaelaway said:

In Hua Hin, we buy beef at Makro. I grind it by machine (Lazada) & freeze it by the pound. Being American, I don't ever use Worcestershire or egg or add pork to my burgers (but they all are good for meatballs or meatloaf).

My burger is:

50% chuck

25% sirloin

25% brisket

Re; (white) fat, many chef's say the best burgers have around 20% fat; some use up to 30%.

Where do you buy the brisket?

1 hour ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I make do with the frozen ground beef from makro (aus or NZ) with some bread crumbs, an egg or two, a few spices and liberal dosings of Lea and perrins and tabasco...good fer meatloaf and anything else ye got in burgerlandia...some finely chopped onion and garlic added to the mixture ain't half bad neither...

the true test is the cold leftover meatloaf sarnies...with mustard and mayo...

I make meatloaf too but this thread is about burgers which have no breadcrumbs or egg. 

37 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I make meatloaf too but this thread is about burgers which have no breadcrumbs or egg. 

Hamburg steaks in New York were often served with breadcrumbs, raw onions and a raw egg. 

Of course, by the very name, one knows that the dish came from northern Europe.... and possibly before that from Central Asia and spread by sailors at the time.

So anyone here claiming that their burger is the real deal, is simply fooling themselves.

So make it however you like it. 

Archived