UK PM hopeful Gove offers free passport to EU nationals in Brexit UK

webfact

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Anyways, if all the EU countries are going to be offering free passports, can I have a Spanish one please.

As an EU member, you do not need a Spanish passport. Your UK passport has the same rights as from other member states. 

You are entitled in any EU state to buy house and land, start a business, take on a job, study, claim healthcare, and travel all over Europe with your Thai wife.

6 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

You are entitled in any EU state to buy house and land, start a business, take on a job, study, claim healthcare, and travel all over Europe with your Thai wife.

You're wrong, I couldn't have taken my Thai wife into the UK under 'freedom of movement' cos I'm a Brit.

If I had a Spanish passport she would have been welcome into the UK.

I couldn't have taken her into Spain as they require an English marriage certificate, which the UK will no longer supply to people married overseas.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You're wrong, I couldn't have taken my Thai wife into the UK under 'freedom of movement' cos I'm a Brit.

I couldn't have taken her into Spain as they require an English marriage certificate, which the UK will no longer supply to people married overseas.

But that sounds very complicated. if the UK regulates such visas and certifications so badly for their own landsmen.

The reason is, that the UK does not apply the EU Directive 2003 / 109 / EG. 

This is stupid homemade UK policy.

I do not want to know then how the whole thing is then handled post brexit. 

On the other hand, I visited almost all EU countries with my Thaiwife (Thai Passport). Only for the UK and for non EU Turkey we would have had to make extra Visas. . That's why we did not go there. For a visa, you always lose one day.

Edited by tomacht8

Freedom of movement only applies if the non eu national already has residency in an eu country for example my mates Filipino wife has permanent residency in the uk and the can and do travel regularly to other eu countries for holidays and she does not require a visa of any sorts
It is not however intended as a method of getting around the settlement rules

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Many can't get on the courses because all the places are taken. How many places are already taken by overseas students, because they pay a premium? About 19% of the overall total students are not from the UK (6% EU and 13% RoW). In medicine & dentistry there were 10,500 nonUK students in 2016-17. The GMC says there were about 40,000 UK medical students in the same year.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Research--Policy/Statistics/International-student-statistics-UK-higher-education

https://www.gmc-uk.org/201617_Medical_School_Annual_Return_overall_student_numbers_and_demographics.xlsx_71843956.xlsx

Overseas students are big business for the UK degree mills, so it's not surprising that locals are oversubscribed and not accepted, leaving the UK with a shortage. This one is not filled with EU wage slaves like Piotr's Polski Plumbing.

Insufficient places. The UK does not train enough British people in several professions. It's like the universities - big business now due to high fees.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That positive discrimination to EU folk, effectively giving treaty rights to them for that situation and similar, in excess of UK citizens is one of the reasons I think Brexit is required. There were plenty other examples, like Dad working and paying national insurance in UK, child in Europe, but not in UK Gov happy to pay~1000baht/week. Child UK Citizen, (Dad paying the same Tax & NI in the UK), UK Gov would not pay, as staying in Thailand, etc.

But if Europeans were settled in the UK before the vote (and have committed no serious crime) they should not have their lives disrupted (especially kids that have only stayed in the UK), because the politicians have changed the goalposts, I think that is a good policy. 

Most of the negative things about being in the EU, were caused by politicians, especially UK politicians, not by EU nationals staying in the UK. Those politicians continue to try to frustrate the UK detachment from the EU, seems that the latest plan is that they will continue to exhibit there inability to resolve anything, people will, "they hope" vote again "the right way"  out of frustration, to stop those trying to enact the democratic decision already in place  

Lots of good EU folk in the UK, but they should not have superior treaty rights...happy they should have easy access, rather than free access.

Not  a massive fan of Gove, but ok with his approach this time.

5 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

That positive discrimination to EU folk, effectively giving treaty rights to them for that situation and similar, in excess of UK citizens is one of the reasons I think Brexit is required. There were plenty other examples, like Dad working and paying national insurance in UK, child in Europe, but not in UK Gov happy to pay~1000baht/week. Child UK Citizen, (Dad paying the same Tax & NI in the UK), UK Gov would not pay, as staying in Thailand, etc. 

But if Europeans were settled in the UK before the vote (and have committed no serious crime) they should not have their lives disrupted (especially kids that have only stayed in the UK), because the politicians have changed the goalposts, I think that is a good policy. 

Most of the negative things about being in the EU, were caused by politicians, especially UK politicians, not by EU nationals staying in the UK. Those politicians continue to try to frustrate the UK detachment from the EU, seems that the latest plan is that they will continue to exhibit there inability to resolve anything, people will, "they hope" vote again "the right way"  out of frustration, to stop those trying to enact the democratic decision already in place  

Lots of good EU folk in the UK, but they should not have superior treaty rights...happy they should have easy access, rather than free access.

Not  a massive fan of Gove, but ok with his approach this time.

" There were plenty other examples, like Dad working and paying national insurance in UK, child in Europe, but not in UK Gov happy to pay~1000baht/week. Child UK Citizen, (Dad paying the same Tax & NI in the UK), UK Gov would not pay, as staying in Thailand, etc. "

This is not EU related.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Insufficient places. The UK does not train enough British people in several professions. It's like the universities - big business now due to high fees.

Applications to UK medical schools have been declining and fell three years in a row to 2017. In England numbers applying have fallen by 15% since 2013.

If it was big business for the unis and they were doing this for profit, wouldn't it be an incentive to create more places ? There are a goodly number of UK citizens who now go to train for medicine in  rest of the EU. A friend of my step-daughter has changed to Roumania to complete her medical degree as the fees are so much lower.   

The cost vs benefit for becoming a medical professional in the UK isn’t worth it - requires too much debt on individual, when it’s a job for benefit of society  

• Like 1

Government's migration experts say wide range of jobs, including NHS doctors/nurses, teachers, IT and science and technology roles should immediately be declared shortage occupations. Migration advisory committee says "free movement no longer providing the ready supply of workers it once did". Extending shortage occupations means employers recruit from outside Europe without meeting £35,000 minimum salary threshold/lower visa fees/doesn't count for non-EU cap.

Inquiry followed the cap on non-EU recruitment being hit eight months in a row.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/804504/Full-review-of-the-shortage-occupation-list.pdf

• Like 2

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Its six weeks in the Punjab.....555

it,s  only 4 weeks in Blackburn ,,,,555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tebee said:

Government's migration experts say wide range of jobs, including NHS doctors/nurses, teachers, IT and science and technology roles should immediately be declared shortage occupations. Migration advisory committee says "free movement no longer providing the ready supply of workers it once did". Extending shortage occupations means employers recruit from outside Europe without meeting £35,000 minimum salary threshold/lower visa fees/doesn't count for non-EU cap.

Inquiry followed the cap on non-EU recruitment being hit eight months in a row.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/804504/Full-review-of-the-shortage-occupation-list.pdf

Well they would say that wouldn't they. Got their figures wrong again and still getting it wrong. Sounds like the govt economists too - always wrong. 
If the previous governments, particularly the Liebour ones, had provided proper training for UK youth within Govt supported UK industry, we would not have had the problems now. Instead they imported wage slaves and opened the floodgates to even more EU benefit scroungers, all for their EU ideology.

As far as declared shortage occupations go, a few more Filipina nurses wouldn't be a problem and anybody on a shortage ticket should be single status with fixed duration contract. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tebee said:

The cost vs benefit for becoming a medical professional in the UK isn’t worth it - requires too much debt on individual, when it’s a job for benefit of society  

Yes, and the medical sector, is still one of the sectors your more likely to recoup the debt, that must have the potential Graduates questioning more intensely the viability of many of the other sectors...

On 5/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, dunroaming said:

Heroes?

Still waiting for that hero Raab to raise his head after the European results where we live (he lives near to where I live).  It really is Tory heartland but they were beaten into third place with the Lib Dems coming a very strong first.  In fact the Conservatives almost came fourth thanks to a strong surge by the Greens.  Less than a thousand votes in it!

It's all there to see in the Elmbridge results for those bothered to look.

For some reason you seem to have forgotten to mention the Brexit  vote,I”m sure it was unintentional ????????????. If you had, again I’m sure you would have mentioned that Elmbridge is in the SouthEast E.U constituency, where the Brexit party came first, with if I’m correct a certain Nigel Farage leading the pack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 10:47 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Tommy Robinson discovered that very few people agreed with his bigoted nationalism. Farage is more subtle but equally loathsome. Gove is smart but I wouldn't trust him. Boris is just a fool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That’s what I like to see, an open minded and unbigoted reply.555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 4:47 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Tommy Robinson discovered that very few people agreed with his bigoted nationalism. Farage is more subtle but equally loathsome. Gove is smart but I wouldn't trust him. Boris is just a fool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

- He nonetheless won and heads the biggest 'Leave' contingent in the whole of the EU Parliament.

- Mark Francois confirmed yesterday that 13k Conservative members had been polled & the top 4 candidates to replace the PM are; BJ; Raab; Gove & Baker.

HTH

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Good point re. how the media love to allow soubry on the air, whilst never allowing tommy robinson .....

I'm far from a fan of robinson (hence the lack of capital letters), but the bias is very clear....

Soubry is capable of being interviewed without spouting racism, bigotry and outright lies.

Not so Yaxley-Lennon.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Soubry is capable of being interviewed without spouting racism, bigotry and outright lies.

Not so Yaxley-Lennon.

- Soubry milked being abused last year for all it was worth yet had nothing to say when Farage wore a milkshake.

- SY-L/TR is capable of NOT 'being interviewed without spouting racism, bigotry and outright lies' quite simply because MSM are gagging him.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

These Remainers are all so bigoted when it comes to Tommy Robinson, but can't see themselves as the real bigots. Why do they feel the need to bring him to Brexit discussions so often? It's all like some 'grown up' playground bullying. MSM censorship has really worked for them too.

In the election last week Yaxley-Lennon lost his deposit.

He’s not so much a ‘has been’ as a ‘never was’.

Don’t fret he’ll be back in the headlines anytime soon with yet another appearance as defendant before the courts.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1