Entry about to be denied

5 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

I am scared the visa application would be rejected as in my country they need clear information of your work and currently I am not working and only living off my savings. I had applied once for setv and the visa sticker had void stamp on it.

A multiple entry tourist visa requires more documentation and sometimes a letter from employer, and is only available from your home country, so it's understandable this might not be doable if you're just using savings. But an SETV doesn't require any financial documents - it's unusual to have one of these rejected or voided if you apply in your passport country.

The frequency of your trips in the past six months suggests you've just been mostly hopping in and out from neighbouring countries. Did you try and get your SETV from a regional embassy? Phnom Penh for example is known for issuing a lot of single entry tourist visas with voided stamps. 

6 hours ago, Essecola said:

Be ready for not coming here much pretty soon. You can even feel it when going out and about. Something different is in the air. The way some Thais look at you or speak to you. Something has CHANGED.

Thailand is different now. They really dont want foreigners in their country. You can feel it walking along the street, the way people look at you. Thats just the beginning too. Even if you have a legit visa, they keep throwing roadblocks at you, like the TM30, until you dont have a life anymore except for doing stuff for your 'visa'. Never having any piece of mind anymore, always being scared and living in fear about the 'visa'.

At the bad entry-points, yes.  Thais not part of the farang-hater clique are still friendly.  I have had exactly 2 bigoted-interactions with ordinary Thais in 6 years - and those were years ago, with bus/van drivers, and not serious (just them being rude).

5 hours ago, Essecola said:

I am supposed to be able to extend this visa but then if I do that, have to deal with the TM30 crap or find an agent to get it extended. I didnt do anything wrong to deserve to always be living in fear of immigration. Constant worry and fear. Thailand is totally crazy now. 

When I was here on Tourist Visas, I always went straight to immigration the first day they were upon upon my entry to Thailand to submit a TM-30.  It's a bit of a PITA, but not the end of the world.  That done, extensions were not a problem.

Edited by JackThompson

7 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

I took you halfway until you added this line. Your melodrama has now turned me off...

stick to the business at hand if you want my sympathy.

In my experience, your Thai GF or Wife being dragged through an emotional s-storm is the worst part about dealing with immigration.   The hater-clique often treat the Thai wife as a traitor to her country - as happened to mine, when we applied for a marriage-based extension - and no telling what they told her / called his GF.

Edited by JackThompson

1 minute ago, DingDongLing said:

What do  you mean voided stamps?  Not allowed back in thai?

Visa in passport with "Void" stamped across it, after taking your money.  It happens a lot from Thai Consulates in South Asia, and also visas issued by Phnom Penh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

Visa in passport with "Void" stamped across it, after taking your money.  It happens a lot from Thai Consulates in South Asia, and also visas issued by Phnom Penh.

So after you get a visa from cambodia thai embassy, and go to the border or BKK airport, they will stamp void on it and you have to buy another ticket out?  Why void it

2 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

So after you get a visa from cambodia thai embassy, and go to the border or BKK airport, they will stamp void on it and you have to buy another ticket out?  Why void it

No, the embassy in Phnom Penh takes your money, puts the visa in your visa, and then stamps it void so it is no longer usable. Immigration at Poipet will not void your visa (they cannot do that). They will simply deny you entry anyway, telling you to return to a Bangkok airport, where worse might befall you.

In fairness, Phnom Penh is not as free with the voided stamp as South Asia consulates or Penang.

• Like 2

Thailand is different now. They really dont want foreigners in their country. You can feel it walking along the street, the way people look at you. Thats just the beginning too.

Haha, what are you like on this forum ?

Off your rocker, take some meds and get a more realistic visa solution than trying TVs forever, which won't work.

"The Thais ! The Thais...out to get me."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

No, the embassy in Phnom Penh takes your money, puts the visa in your visa, and then stamps it void so it is no longer usable. Immigration at Poipet will not void your visa (they cannot do that). They will simply deny you entry anyway, telling you to return to a Bangkok airport, where worse might befall you.

In fairness, Phnom Penh is not as free with the voided stamp as South Asia consulates or Penang.

Ok if I fly out to Phnom Penh, stay a few weeks, go to thai embassy and get a thai visa and return to Bangkok, I will be denied entry?  Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your reply. 

2 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

Ok if I fly out to Phnom Penh, stay a few weeks, go to thai embassy and get a thai visa and return to Bangkok, I will be denied entry?  Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your reply. 

That depends on how many other TR Visas and/or other Thai-stamp history is in your passport.  If you go with a fresh passport with only one Thai visit in it, you should not have a problem.  Otherwise, I would use another Thai consulate to apply for a TR Visa.

But, the OP may be on a list of countries where he can only apply in his passport-country.

Edited by JackThompson

5 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

So basically I learnt today that a new passport won't help and getting an setv doesn't guarantee my entry to thailand as there are reports of people being denied entry.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

just apply for the correct visa in your home country or marry and stay here, simple really.

you seems to make a problem for yourself when ever anyone suggests the option.

• Like 1

I will try soon to get an setv and see what happens. If this posts is not closed by admins of this forum by then i will reply if i have been successful to enter thailand.

just apply for the correct visa in your home country or marry and stay here, simple really.

• Like 1

If it's about me then I am just taking time off from my work and spending that time in Thailand. I am well organized man and have enough savings in my bank to start new business next year.

Many people are spending large amounts of time in and out of Thailand on VOA or tourist visas and are not working. Just a thought, but how are they saving and preparing for the future and retirement?

My relationship with her is about me ensuring she doesn't go back to the place where we met. I hope u understand now. This is a promise I made to myself that she will never go to work in a pimp's shop in pattaya or Bangkok.

I like to stay with her because that ensures she is studying because I am paying my money so she can finish school and go to college. I want to pay for all that. I just don't want her to work in a pimp's business as a sales woman.

Right - your first line is nonsense (and your problem) - stop believing the regurgitated tripe on here and engage a brain/instinct strategy.

I married a Thai girl, her family have never asked for a bean in the 10+ years I've known them, the sin sod is just part of the ceremony and I got back every baht! 

If you have no intention of ever marrying/taking care of her I presume you've told her this right ? That might stop the crying !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Good answer.

One could even add that back to back tourist visas given history will become problematic. Especially at airport. I like many others used to live here using back to back visa exempt. I liked travel so never extended just left evey 30 days for weekend to say Saigon or ...

I loved it. Those days are gone. Even back then, when I obtained a triple entry TV at Saigon Thai consulate, the io stated..."look you living in Thailand. You over 50 why no have retirement visa".

Marry the chick or start your business back home. Or get end visa etc

• Like 1

I don't have plans to get married to her. Only after she finishes schooling in Thailand I have plans to bring her to my country on a student visa to attend college. She is a school dropout and 25 year old now.i am paying my hard earned money so she can have education and she never have to go back work in a "pimp's business as a marketing professional" in pattaya.

Good answer.
One could even add that back to back tourist visas given history will become problematic. Especially at airport. I like many others used to live here using back to back visa exempt. I liked travel so never extended just left evey 30 days for weekend to say Saigon or ...
I loved it. Those days are gone. Even back then, when I obtained a triple entry TV at Saigon Thai consulate, the io stated..."look you living in Thailand. You over 50 why no have retirement visa".
Marry the chick or start your business back home. Or get end visa etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I don't have plans to get married to her. Only after she finishes schooling in Thailand I have plans to bring her to my country on a student visa to attend college. She is a school dropout and 25 year old now.i am paying my hard earned money so she can have education and she never have to go back work in a "pimp's business as a marketing professional" in pattaya.

Oh dear. You need to get out more. Try a visit to Soi Dog Phuket. My gf dragged me there. Its a soi dog rescue. The gf pressured me into giving a donation. It didn't even make me feel warm and fuzzy. Seriously your plan while well meaning is flawed. 

Haha. Now I am not even sure if I will get a visa or not. How I can go to phuket.

Oh dear. You need to get out more. Try a visit to Soi Dog Phuket. My gf dragged me there. Its a soi dog rescue. The gf pressured me into giving a donation. It didn't even make me feel warm and fuzzy. Seriously your plan while well meaning is flawed. 

What about good Bangkok girl we meet through dating sites and give her money next morning to cover up her loss of last days salary . Isn't she doing the same thing. Just coz she got a 10000 baht job and searches "boyfriend " on a dating site doesnt make her less of a prostitute.

The thai girlfriend to who foreigners send money to keep the relationship . What is that? Do we ever give salary to girlfriend in our own country? Isn't that something similar on lines of prostitution.

Anyways easy to call someone as prostitute and demean her existence as a woman.

But nobody ever said the handsome rich foreigners running business establishment like bars or massage shops as PIMPS.

Next time don't call someone's girl as a prostitute .

So your girlfriend is a prostitute. The benefit of that is that the sin sod would be 0 so marriage is a definite option. The drawback is the only thing you are to her is money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1