Has anyone else been offered a "special service" (guaranteed entry) at Swampy airport? My experience flying into BKK last night

8 hours ago, Camillof said:

hello55060, you have him on "Line". Please get him writing down something compromising on Line if you can, then report him to higher authorities or to the press. For the sake of all honest people entering and staying here legally.

Ofcourse !!! And then never being able to enter the country anymore . You must be joking right ? You think this guy is the only one doing it ??? And that if he reports or goes to police it will stop ?? This will go on forever and always be available . You must be the guy telling on people walking a red light or spitting on the sidewals get a life and go with the flow , because your dreamworld will never be . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

so they expect us to pay a bribe even if we ARE actually legit tourists!!?

seriously the balls on these 'people' ????

i think this is called racketeering elsewhere in the world? pay me, or trouble for you..

disgusting

"Disgusting" or just fake news.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hello55060 said:

You send $150 , you tell me when you are coming to Thailand and I will make sure you come inside, you send a photo of yourself, your flight ticket and then I will tell you what time I am working, my working schedule and I will get someone to take you from the plane when you get off and bring you directly to me so you can get into Thailand fast and easy. He then proceeds to show me his phone and there must be at least 20 chats with farang on there he opens a few and I see some selfies, flight tickets etc. of a few of these farang basically backing up what he said to me prior. So he asks if I have line and then scans my QR code and add me then just says next time tell me first and send the money and I will get your family in no problem. 

This is shocking news really, must have happened after Big Joke dissappeared. He stepped on too many toes. Now it's back to business as usual , but first time I hear about this!

We only have your word for it, so I would like to have a confirmation about doing it this way from another source. 
I am a digital nomad myself, and it doesnt matter where I live, but if I could do it this way next time I arrive Thailand it would probably save me a lot of problems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, balo said:

This is shocking news really, must have happened after Big Joke dissappeared. He stepped on too many toes. Now it's back to business as usual , but first time I hear about this!

We only have your word for it, so I would like to have a confirmation about doing it this way from another source. 
I am a digital nomad myself, and it doesnt matter where I live, but if I could do it this way next time I arrive Thailand it would probably save me a lot of problems.

Those are non existent problems, if we all report the abusers and corrupt officials it will stop. Just contact the anti corruption police each time it happens and they will not try it again.

19 minutes ago, Kasane said:

Surprising.  From the millions visiting Thailand every year, and on this board hundreds of thousands of foreigners doing millions of trips not one traveler has corroborated this story of an IO supervisor at Savarnbhumi exchanging contact info on LINE for establishing a corrupt money making channel with no fear of losing his job or getting jailed for corruption. 

He belongs in jail

10 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

I think this is called racketeering elsewhere in the world? pay me, or trouble for you.."pay me, or trouble for you..".

disgusting

I didn't read all the long OP ...but I find it hard to believe that the officer actually said that. For starters...how would he know you were even coming to Thailand to look out for you especially.

Sounds like an "Irishman's"  exageration (if you were from Ireland).

My appoligies if he actually did say it.

Edited by dotpoom

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

but there is NO way in hell they would do this to Chinese tourists, in same scenario.

They do it differently with Chinese tourists. They do it through the Chinese tour guide. A 'per capita' levy for not making them all count their money out individually at the immigration desk.

I don't know why everyone  on here thinks the Thais regard Chinese backsides as radiating sunshine. They're just the next cash cows in the queue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

They do it differently with Chinese tourists. They do it through the Chinese tour guide. A 'per capita' levy for not making them all count their money out individually at the immigration desk.

I don't know why everyone  on here thinks the Thais regard Chinese backsides as radiating sunshine. They're just the next cash cows in the queue.

You're right, but that's why I said "same scenario" (one family with baby, not part of tour group).

this is...i mean, i'm taken aback, seriously! i thought this kind of "oppen" bribe and corruption only occur in some african countries! sorry, if africans happen to read my comments and feel being disrespected, but i've experienced "that" 4 times in 3 different african countries.

anyway, one would be a fool to accept that $150 deal. in a country like thailand becoming more more restrictive about tourism, this is just a SCAM! believe me!