PM candidate Boris Johnson to face court over Brexit comments

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Come name names...

This was mentioned already in 2018 , see link , but not only for U.K. as other country's would loose too , example The Netherlands and Denmark

More in article from October 2018

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

Edited by david555

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

This was mentioned already in 2018 , see link , but not only for U.K. as other country's would loose too , example The Netherlands and Denmark

More in article from October 2018

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

Well the ECJ says different.

My issue is Lioner made a claim that "remainers" made the claim, I have challenged him to name names.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Oh dear and if this goes to a conclusion then 100s if not 1000's of other politicians and their spin doctors will also face court action for telling lies. If found guilty then the government of the day, whomever that may be by then , IMHO should launch an enquiry into why the British education system is so poor it produced 17 million people who were unable to grasp fact from fiction.

Sounds like the place is  becoming more  Thai  by  the day.

• Haha 1

Boris Johnson has been ordered to appear in court over claims he lied by saying the UK gave the EU £350m a week.

The Tory leadership candidate has been accused of misconduct in public office after making the claim during the 2016 EU referendum campaign.

It is a private prosecution launched by campaigner Marcus Ball, who crowdfunded £200,000 for the case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445430

If everyone who signed the "Revoke Article 50" petition was to donate just £1 we could get another 30 of them Brexit storytellers  locked up.

And where to start...

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/list-of-brexit-lies

• Like 2

F is for Fox. International secretary Liam Fox sold us on the idea of a glorious global Britain, once again creating new waves of international trading and prosperity. “The free trade agreement we will have to do should be one of the easiest in human history,” he said. F is also for F***ing Idiot.

That wasnt a lie though , he made a prediction and used the word "should be", he didnt say that it *will be*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought the standards committee was in charge of misconduct in public office offences.

Did the rules change when I wasn't looking or is this fake news?

Also they would need to prove it was a deliberate lie, as being stupid or just plain wrong isn't an offence at all.

(If I were Boris, I'd go with stupid) 

Except this allegations do not relate to Alexander Boris (man of the people) de Pfefll Johnson’s Parliamentary dilutes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

For U.K. maybe a local politic earthquake …, but what does this signify in the E.U .assembly ?

...a visit from 'the Ghost of Christmas yet to come' ????

(although coming to think of it he was there yesterday as were his MEP's)

Edited by evadgib

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

...a visit from 'the Ghost of Christmas yet to come' ????

(although coming to think of it he was there yesterday as were his MEP's)

I was hoping more to see a graphic about that  Brexit party representation in the whole E.U. assembly , my only hope is you could veto another extension if the others would become so crazy to grant another one once more :thumbsup:

Approx 350M gross and 250M net per week.

Gross (annual) figure has to be budgeted for but rebate is not actually sent to Brussels, as far as I can find.

Rebates will disappear according to Oettinger:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-budget-rebate-gunther-oetinger-second-referendum-remain-a8580616.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Except this allegations do not relate to Alexander Boris (man of the people) de Pfefll Johnson’s Parliamentary dilutes.

Phew, this easily beats all former "confusions" that Chomper usually suffers from.

I would love to have a sip of that (really excellent) Scotch that seems to stimulate this intellectual activity.

• Like 1