800K 5 Months 400K Indefinitely In Bank For Ext To Stay Based In Retirement

1 minute ago, smedly said:

apparently those that have used an agent to bypass the rules and don't have the money in the bank don't need to report their balance after 3 months, like I said above, it will be interesting in 12 months time when they apply for renewal and have no 400k minimum balance to show

There are 2 ways of looking at that...

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

apparently those that have used an agent to bypass the rules and don't have the money in the bank don't need to report their balance after 3 months, like I said above, it will be interesting in 12 months time when they apply for renewal and have no 400k minimum balance to show

Yes we will see how many they feel need to succumb to not having met eh updated written requirements. I suspect as always there will be 100 layers of fines that could be paid to clear the mess up, but there will also be banishment on the list of available options if the officers in charge deem it appropriate.

I am slapping my own face today as I went Friday with all paperwork and updated financials to do my 90 day report. It was done in a flash with no mention of producing my bankbook, so I left assuming (slap) that the requirement is at officers discretion and a such waived, and I was done.

Now it looks like I do a six hour round trip tomorrow to do the 800k report - UGH

The last 18- 19 pages has zip to do with OP. 

Why are not these nonsense threads closed. Couple running at present. 

I'm going to start new one.. 

"Would you stay if they...."

I thought this forum was about serious advice re visas and serious other matters. Not gossip tank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

The last 18- 19 pages has zip to do with OP. 

Why are not these nonsense threads closed. Couple running at present. 

I'm going to start new one.. 

"Would you stay if they...."

I thought this forum was about serious advice re visas and serious other matters. Not gossip tank.

I started the post and it’s obvious there isn’t an empirical answer........

asked how to close it, apparently you cannot.

59 minutes ago, kuma said:

In another thread, it was suggested that going to do your first 90 day report (in 2019 based on 'apparent' new rule changes for minimum THB funds) - you have to state at the office you are there do a 90 day report, AND 800k THB balance confirmation.

I posted this below on another thread, can anyone comment?

So you are suggesting that when visiting the IO you must specify you are there to do:

1. 90 day report

2. Confirmation of 800k bank balance

And that in stating such you are given two queue tickets, one to go get your 90 day report complete, and then go to a second queue (and a different officer) to show your updated bank book and get confirmation you met the "800k, 90 day after visa issuance requirement"?

Are there any persons here that can confirm they completed this process? At immigration, I assumed:

1. One officer would be responsible for both reporting conditions

2. The front desk that issues queue tickets would have scanned my passport, understood it was my first 90 day, and given me the appropriate queue tickets.

Thanks in advance for responding.

There is nothing in the new rules that states we will have to confirm account balances when reporting every 90 days. It will just be a local rule at a few offices.

But regardless of whether they check or not you need to keep the minimum balances otherwise you will almost certainly get another extension the following year.

2 minutes ago, Graviton said:

I started the post and it’s obvious there isn’t an empirical answer........

asked how to close it, apparently you cannot.

Topic is now closed at your request. :mfr_closed1: