King Power wins airport management contract

snoop1130

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

haha, happens all over the world, some people think walking into an airport means they are going to get a good deal in the shops there. and maybe they will if they have researched the product they want and the price, but more often than not the shops stock a very limited product range and the prices are not competitive or a blatant rip off. i thought people knew this but clearly they dont.

a friend asked me to buy him some perfume for his wife at suvanabhumi, i warned him but he wouldn't listen; £50 at the airport, £29 on line in the uk for exactly the same product.

Dubai airport is the same

Never buy anything at duty free in Thailand as prices so inflated. 

I think they, like most retailers, would actually sell more and make more profit if they gouged a little less and relied more on volume to attract customers back like me.

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'm just trying to think of anything I have bought in an airport, apart from over-priced food and drink.

You still paying extortionate prices, why not book into one of the 500 baht lounges? Great seating, WIFI, Limited food but plenty of drink, and you can easily eat and drink to get your money back. Also, many have shower facilities these days.

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You still paying extortionate prices, why not book into one of the 500 baht lounges? Great seating, WIFI, Limited food but plenty of drink, and you can easily eat and drink to get your money back. Also, many have shower facilities these days.

I couldn't name two lounges that cost 500 baht.

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I couldn't name two lounges that cost 500 baht.

OK,

I have just done a quick check.

It seems to have gone up since I last used it to pay for another traveler going with me. It is now 790 baht, still not much in comparison to the restaurants in the terminal.

https://joinfull.com/products/miracle-lounges-suvarnabhumi-airport

Edited by Scouse123

TIT, open corruption, everybody gets paid, customers have little choice, 40-60 baht for a bottle of water sold at any 7/11 for 5 baht says enough... 

if you are smart, bring an EMPTY water bottle and refill for free after security check

• Like 1

As i passed by a King power shop at Swampy on Tuesday, i happened to spot a packet of sweets which i bought a year ago from our local warehouse in Udon. King Power local price X 3 .......

In 10 years i have never spent a penny with King Power. Not the only guilty ones, The duty free shops at Dubai have laughable prices on their spirits. 

Do many people actually buy stuff from there?  I don't shop at an airport as I arrive or depart.  There is nothing there that I need.  I guess some people do and that is why the shops are there.  Hard to see that they do a lot of business

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, Classic Ray said:

Never buy anything at duty free in Thailand as prices so inflated. 

I think they, like most retailers, would actually sell more and make more profit if they gouged a little less and relied more on volume to attract customers back like me.

Similar to popcorn and soda at a movie theater!  I don't mind paying a little more for convenience.  But $5.50 USD for a $1  bag of popcorn, then $6.00 for a small soda from the fountain machine that is just water and sugar?  It really detracts from the movie experience.  Charge less, and I buy