Pattaya is dead now

dreaming

I have been coming to pattaya for the last 4 years in may / june. It just seems to be getting quieter. I know bar owners in soi buakhau and soi honey who probably wont make it to high season.

What do you think is going to happen with the makeup of pattaya in the next few years?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Demographics. Jomtien usual haunts of bars and massage are totally empty. Boats and coaches in the mornings full with Chinese. Low XE, greed and bad customer service has been the Demise of the traditional businesses Pattaya/Jomtien have been known for. When a bar with six girls looking at their phones ignoring customers charge almost 3 quid for a skanky bottle of Thai lager, what do they expect?

Was it the lager that was skanky?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Pattaya's decline may be bad news for the rest of Thailand as like rats abandoning a sinking ship...the lowest excuse for human beings will be scattering throughout the country...bring their no-morals criminal minds with them...yikes!  ????

Nah, they are already supporting the government ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

go out today and visit tiger park, underwater world, floating markets, Nong Nooch gardens, sanctuary of truth,

Anyone planning on doing that really should visit the ATM first, especially if they will be paying the extra farang price.

That GBP3 beer in Soi Buakow looks pretty cheap in comparison.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone planning on doing that really should visit the ATM first, especially if they will be paying the extra farang price.

Most tourist places around Pattaya allow reduced price for people with a Thai Driving Licence, those with a non tourist visa, or those who buy their tickets online beforehand. :cool:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Was it the lager that was skanky?

couldn't comment on the girls as never look up from their phones but suppose if tattooed legs and backs are your thing, you will be ok

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, thank you, indeed, for keeping the 'Pattaya is Dead' thread alive for yet another year.  I've lost count of all the many, many years Pattaya has been either 'dead' or 'dying'.  Any, yet, here we are.  Great reply by Pattaya46, by the way. 

You must have missed my post last week describing my horrible experience going to Central Festival on a SUNDAY, in late May.  What was I thinking???  Had to fight my way to the very last available table at Fuji and then it literally took a full hour to get out of the parking garage.  Isn't this suppose to be low season?

Pattaya, of course, isn't dead or dying; it's ever growing and changing.  But, to see the growth and the changes, you need to spread your wings and go beyond Soi Buakhao. Check out what is happening in Wong Amat.  Check what Amari is doing in north Pattaya. Check everything going on in Jomtien, Pratamnak, and Cosy Beach. 

Just noticed the other day that something probably ticky tacky has been torn down on Pattaya Beach Road and there is now a fairly sizeable empty lot.  Likely something nicer is going to go in there, maybe a boutique hotel, just one more addition to Pattaya's evolution and transformation.  And the beat goes on. 

Jomtien is a ghost town

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Most tourist places around Pattaya allow reduced price for people with a Thai Driving Licence, those with a non tourist visa, or those who buy their tickets online beforehand.

Only some do, and even with the discount the prices are still very high for what you get.

Overpricing is what will drive people away from Thailand. Why come here and be ripped off when you can go to somewhere nice like Portugal and pay less? Better weather too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, go out today and visit tiger park, underwater world, floating markets, Nong Nooch gardens, sanctuary of truth, or even the markets in soi buakhau when they are on. You will see a pattaya thats not exactly dead, in fact very busy with tourists.

Empty bar stools in soi buakhau isnt exactly and indication of tourism in Pattaya. 

all absolute rip offs as 'attractions'. Garbage attracts garbage. 

• Like 1