Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Everyone appears to be completely skipping over the fact that one of the attackers is a westerner. Thais do this, Thais do that, when one of the attackers., was this guy Robert Porter. Typicial westerner they never fight one on one.

Do we just choose to ignore this fact.

image.png.ef25475341802f0fc2e4bd04a1231f61.png

The racists here do.

Westerner man, nobody's matter.

When our home countries will finally rise their voices? 

The psychological terrorism and the foreigners targeting from the Thailand authorities is evident and under the bright sun. 

Let's try an experiment: no farang tourist in Thailand for 1 year 

On 6/1/2019 at 4:25 AM, monkeycu said:

I guess him arm tats were not intimidating enough to worry the Thai's

I hope he recovers soon, and next time just cross the road and keep going, it aint worth the trouble to stop

I assume you are sure that something like this will never happen to you? As witnesses look the other way.

I wish for the time when there is an equal number of foreigners the next time these Thais and (half thai) decide they feel a need to educate.  I can garantee anyone, my will is more than my strength, I go down I'm taking as many of them with me to either Hell or Heaven, I have friends on both sides.

Remember: Live for something, or Die for nothing! 

3342973-1724067883-butle.jpg

Edited by mike787
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jinners said:

I assume you are sure that something like this will never happen to you? As witnesses look the other way.

I learnt a long time ago not to get involved in other peoples fights.

I spent enough time in hospital for doing so

Now I cross the road

• Confused 1

First of all these were not grown men, as they state. They were 13 year olds, with bodies of grown men and old enough to be grown men, if they only had some emotional development. 

Second, have you ever seen a Thai man fight on his own? By himself? Why is it, that they always fight in packs? Insecure? Lack of fighting skills? Cowards?

Lastly, attempting to break up a fight amongst a group of men is dangerous. If you are a sixth degree sensei maybe less so. Regardless, someone is going to come at you with a knife, a club, a tire iron or a machete. Not smart behavior. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, monkeycu said:

I guess him arm tats were not intimidating enough to worry the Thai's

I hope he recovers soon, and next time just cross the road and keep going, it aint worth the trouble to stop

Very good advice and valid internationally.

It is just that some people come from perfect home countries where such things are unheard of...

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, reargunnerph3 said:

Never, ever interfere in any fight involving Thai's you'll just end up in a hospital or a box. Knives, guns, clubs anything goes in Thailand. Keep walking no matter how bad you feel about doing nothing. 

In any other nation getting involved in a fight, specially between drunkards, are safe? REALLY?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thought we were talking Thai thugs? Where were British thugs mentioned and why the need to compare low life's? We all know they exist.
Comparisons are relevant as some posters seem to think thuggish cowardly behaviour is uniquely Thai. (I used Brits as an example, as I'm British).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ravip said:

Ooooooh dear. She is your GF and you are happy you dont have to listen to her silly talk all day long...

lets be fair most of them are as boring as <deleted>

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He was still in hospital and suffering from double vision when he was visited by Pol Col Suwan Tenphitak of the Mae Hong Son provincial police and a Pai police officer.

Surprised the Pai Police Officer didn't execute him. 

On 6/1/2019 at 4:30 PM, BestB said:

Total and utter BS, this kind of attacks and fights happen all over the world and not limited to Thailand.

i dont know where you come from but your wrong, ive been in many situation where people or friends, large it and expect me to help them out ,im not interested until  one or the other is getting a good hiding then im up for breaking it up . not up for giving some one a good kicking to make me feel tough. you sound like a bully

Edited by Tomahawk21

On 6/1/2019 at 10:11 AM, SammyT said:

The irony is not lost on me of Brit commenters on here acting like thuggish street violence is the domain of only Thais when the same happens in their country just as often and many other western societies.  

Hope this poor fella recovers well though. 

Never a truer word spoken here +1

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:03 AM, petermik said:

Harsh way to learn never to interfere over here.......:whistling:

Its everywhere in the world not just 'here', I helped a lady who was getting beaten by her bf, I stopped him and had him round the throat, next thing she was attacking me and that was in UK, unfortunately this is the mentality of people not the mentality of thais

• Like 2

Kid in the middle of the OP photo looks remorseful.  Not the one of the left, staring right into the camera.  The one on the right looks like Charlie Manson with that tatted forehead and psycho stare. 

One of those times where not stopping at traffic accidents would have been the smart play.

When I was a newbie here, I nearly went to split up a fight with some Thais. Luckily the girl I was with told me to stay well clear. She told me I'd likely be attacked by not just the people fighting, but other people around, too. I asked her why would other people attack me and she replied, "They won't care that you're trying to stop a fight. They'll just see you're a foreigner and they will always side with other Thais". 

A great lesson to learn when you're fresh off the boat. 

• Like 1