Kanchanaburi Immigration be prepared

Can you please post an updated list what we need for retirement visa not married? 

I have a yellow housebook now, at my gf parents house, does that mean, I need an rental contract with them, or will it be easier if I just present the rental contract we have in Hua Hin? 

1 hour ago, william76 said:

Better to live and go where you are treated best. Why accepting such humiliation? Consider all the frustration, the sleepless night before going to the butchery, all the negative feelings...

Will never happen to me.

Get ready and vote with your feet.

Has never happened to me either, never had a problem renewing my retirement extension, ninety day reporting, TM 30 after returning from overseas or problems with IO’s at the airport.

Strange that some people have all these problems non of my farang friends seem to have problems either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Oh dear, sounds like that dreaded "discretion" thing at each office or officer.

There should be one rule covering all offices/officers, way too much confusion caused by "discretion"

Another case of "give a Thai a uniform and.........."

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2019 at 10:19 AM, Saltire said:

I report to the same office and have been asked for everything you outline for the last 2 annual renewals. My first application I got a check list from them with those additional requirements added in writing. Took me 20 minutes to renew last November.

I too got the generic home rental form at the stationers, I just fill in a new one every year. and the copy shop along from the IO also supplies the tax stamps as well as a photo-reduced to A4 copy.

The bank letter on the same day has also not changed for me in 2 years.

In general I find Kanchanaburi a good office to deal with. They religiously, within a few days, approve my online 90 day report, and send a confirmation email saying it has been approved. For the newly enforced TM30 they currently only require a new one on return from abroad, not from a trip to another province.

I think we are lucky I'd hate to have to deal with CW based on reports here and other places.

Just wait till a new boss gets appointed at Kanchanaburi then you will see just how good an office it is to deal with.

Thai law doesn't recognise same sex marriages, civil unions, or domestic partnerships, so from their point of view you are a tenant or occupier.

Copies of the house owners Tabien Baan + ID card + rental agreement is quite common as proof of domicile.

Updated bank book and letter dated the same day as the application is also a common requirement.

Put it down to experience, next year you'll be better prepared.

• Like 1

When you have to file false documents in order to stay, the system is broken.

This is why it’s easier to use agents or whatever else you have to do in order to short cut Somchai with a stamp.

So.  For anyone who is considering moving to Thailand to retire, or perhaps if you meet a wonderful lady who you find that you may want be involved with or even marry - Warning right now - Thailand does not want you and they will toss roadblock after roadblock in your way.  They don't respect you, they only wish for you to dump your money here - then get the hell out.  Some may disagree, but open your eyes and read the tomes of forum submissions that basically say again, and again - you are not trusted, you are a national security threat, and even if you support a Thai family, it does not mean anything. 

Rethink your plans and pick a different country.  If you are already here - make a Plan B and be prepared to execute it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is the list I used for my original Non Imm O visa based on retirement and subsequent extensions over 2 years ago. The last items were hand written by the IO at the time. I will be checking with them before my next extension in November for any changes. I apply 30 days in advance to avoid surprises. Sorry but the original is also poor quality. Obviously the banked money has since changed but so far I am not affected, I just leave the 800k alone.258276134_ExtensionChecklist.thumb.jpeg.ea3daa75c380b29fd06a923338cf833c.jpeg

I have had retirement extensions on a non immigrant O visa (retirement) for the last 6 years and have never been asked for a medical certificate. Is this a new requirement or just one not used by my IO?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect