can the pound hold 39bt

On 6/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, AlexRich said:

A lot will depend on Brexit ... if that goes badly then it will get worse against the Baht, Euro and US Dollar. 

If Article 50 is revoked you’ll be back to 50.

<deleted>, look at the history of the pound. Its been in decline since WW1. The 4 year forecaste is 25 baht.

A <deleted> currency from a <deleted> country.

1 minute ago, dode57k said:

<deleted>, look at the history of the pound. Its been in decline since WW1. The 4 year forecaste is 25 baht.

A <deleted> currency from a <deleted> country.

The Pound has risen and fallen since 1917

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It goes up and down in both the long term and the short term  , 

Oh dear, so what are you saying? It will return to 50 baht?, 55 baht?, 70 baht, better? The pound has been in long term decline for decades. Short term recoveries are mere blips in the ever downward spiral. I'll repeat what I said but hopefully this time not censored. A rubbish, worthless currency from a rubbish worthless country.

• Like 1

Just now, dode57k said:

Oh dear, so what are you saying? It will return to 50 baht?, 55 baht?, 70 baht, better? The pound has been in long term decline for decades. Short term recoveries are mere blips in the ever downward spiral. I'll repeat what I said but hopefully this time not censored. A rubbish, worthless currency from a rubbish worthless country.

I havent and am not making any predictions for the future(of the Pound) . I am just stating that the Pound , like all other currencies has fluctuated over the last 100 years  and hasnt been on a constant downward spiral

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I havent and am not making any predictions for the future(of the Pound) . I am just stating that the Pound , like all other currencies has fluctuated over the last 100 years  and hasnt been on a constant downward spiral

Yes it has 

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I moved to China in December 2006. CNY/GBP 15.8, today 8.75.

I don't really care, I get paid in CNY and I have no ambition to go back to Englanistan.  My property here isn't losing hand over fist and oddly enough my tenants are Chinese. I just pop over to Thailand for a pork pie and a mucky woman.

I leave my investment income in GBP in the Chinese bank. On a 12 month freeze I can get 3,8%

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Should have joined the Euro at its inception.....

land now I’ll wait for the barrage of abuse from you know who 

correct,we gained nothing by not doing it,we set our own interest rates but they give or take a little have followed suit with the ECB,The pound gave us no advantage in the 2008 crisis,and brexit is now destroying it.€1.12 instead of €1.42 says it all,i await for madmax to reply it goes up and down,well its barely rose above €1.42 in 19 years,maybe for a few weeks a few times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dode57k said:

To answer the question "can the pound hold 39 baht?"....NO

its up today,i put i down to sun tan mans barmy comments,which can only help the tories elect a remainer,poor Boris listening to his fellow bonny bouffant best mate ruining his chances ????

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

correct,we gained nothing by not doing it,we set our own interest rates but they give or take a little have followed suit with the ECB,The pound gave us no advantage in the 2008 crisis,and brexit is now destroying it.€1.12 instead of €1.42 says it all,i await for madmax to reply it goes up and down,well its barely rose above €1.42 in 19 years,maybe for a few weeks a few times.

Yes, had the UK joined the Euro in 1999 , would would now be getting 1.42 Euros to the Pound instead of 1.12................makes sense

5 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

And yet this forum is riddled with expat brexiters. Turkeys voting for Xmas ?

Well so far yes, but they think their project is heroic so following a 25% drop in Sterling is just a part of the price. Vague projections of a post-Hard Brexit sterling are just for show. It is unfortunate that those fully dependent on Sterling denominated income have been snagged as collateral damage. Putting blame is somewhat irrelevant. Those of us who are or have been in a position to take evasive action re Sterling fallout can do so or not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

I find it seriously alarming that across multiple threads currently running and in the past that a serious amount of posters dont understand how Foreign Exchange works.

There is NO direct exchange rate between "Sterling"/Baht or "Euro"/Baht (enter your own "currency") EXCEPT the worlds reserve currency the US Dollar. The US Dollar is the only currency that has a direct exchange rate with every other currency in the world

The Baht takes its currency fix off the USD 24/7 and EVERY other currency exchange rate involves two pairs of currencies to calculate the FX rates we see

There is NO little man thinking I'll give 39 for the Brits today 22 for the Aussies and I dont like Merkel this week so we'll give the Euros 34

For Brits you take Sterling/Dollar and multiply it by Baht/Dollar to give the Interbank rate

For Euro you take Euro/Dollar and multiply it by Baht/Dollar to give interbank rate......and so on

Hope that helps a few. Its worrying lol that people travel 6000 miles but dont understand the money in their pocket

Where did that little bonkers chestnut pop up from?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Any perceived slippage in Boris's support for leader and Sterling is going to take a bounce.

he was 13/8 yesterday,now 4/5  which i find rather strange as there's no way Trumps idiotic outbursts today could of helped BJ,to try and include the NHS in any future trade deal must of left all bar a handful of MPs from all parties gobsmacked.

Edited by bomber
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wazoo said:

So... we don't need the pound to be strong yet.. samsung and toyota are the first to leave for Vietnam, 2 of many to follow. thai air are on their knees... thai bart is too strong but that bubble  is headed to burst... add if and when we do get out of the eu, preferably with no deal and man i would not want to be paid in euros then. It will freefall without the pound holding it up..  after we go, i hope we do, watch the eu come begging for us to buy their cars, cheese, wine etc. UK represents almost 20% of their GDP. . Think they are going to leave that parked on the docks? No way. Then watch the pound increase in value each and every time we strike another deal with the USA,  Canada,  Japan, the EU etc etc.. i have lost over 20% of my income since 2013 and happy to do so if thus gets us out of this eu dictatorship... cya:0) 

yu went to the skool of ekonomiks right ?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 9:49 PM, yodsak said:

We will see how accurate this forecast is.   They don't think it's going up. 

873188767_ScreenShot2019-06-03at21_23_56.png.9aa463fbc73172880ce7768399dc65be.png1143264395_ScreenShot2019-06-03at21_33_48.png.428fca9d6a5fe6752af3767ed0fd169d.png

The difference between a forecast and a divination is that the forecast is made by a person with an academic education.

Edited by Jonah Tenner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Where did that little bonkers chestnut pop up from?

What ????

You may not grasp how foreign exchange works but try and refrain from doubting someone who has worked in finance this last 34 years

• Like 1
  • Sad 1