can the pound hold 39bt

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Browsing the internet I came across an interesting price comparison between Thailand and the UK.

Seems that Thai green curry at one of the UK's top restaurants is only 145 THB ...

(House of Commons menu 2018)

Terrace_Cafeteria2018-07-24menu.pdf_-_2019-06-17_21_17_47.png.a63dfa6660601541284fba7b7c8b4017.png

https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/foi/transparency-publications/hoc-transparency-publications/catering-services/catering-services-menus-and-tariffs/

Yes they get it cheap ,multiply that by4 for the man in the street restaurants ,mind you you could half it for the restaurants for the Brussels crowd .

• Like 1

Always someone else's fault you voted to leave with no plan suck it up - 25 to the pound ain't you the masochist. 
I can understand the UK expat who has sufficient overseas assets/income personally benefitting from such a drop. I can also understand if one's income is sufficiently high to fully discount such a drop, but to suggest to others not in such a position to embrace the downside in the Brexit "cause" is total nonsense equivalent to selling snake oil.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, AlexRich said:

A lot will depend on Brexit ... if that goes badly then it will get worse against the Baht, Euro and US Dollar. 

If Article 50 is revoked you’ll be back to 50.

Won't be nowhere near 50 if it gets revoked.. Thai baht is the strongest Asian currency and you will be lucky to get 45 if it is revoked.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 9:38 PM, kickstart said:

Or the Thai baht goes pear-shaped, the way this government s spending money it is not sustainable, ask any Thai they say the Thai economy is not good, and Thai borrowing again is not sustainable, another 1997 coming up. 

Thai Baht , is stronger than  gbp. {lower caste]

Soon Euro and gbp, will be the same , before gbp falls even further ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2019 at 7:17 PM, bomber said:

i doubt they will risk lending to Brits at the present moment,maybe in 3 months when its back up to 50

Why would you think it's going back to 50? Strongest currency in Asia is the Thai baht and even with a Brexit deal you won't be getting more then 45B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 6:34 PM, bkk6060 said:

I am curious what you Brits plan to do.

When it gets below 30 then what?

Seems many may be better off in the UK.

What you think?

It will never go below 30 stop being silly..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Its worth noting now that in referencing a base point rate of 40:1 with GBPTHB, each individual baht drop requires a Sterling down of 2.5%. 10% on 40 only takes us to 36. The markets are reportedly discounting a 6 month extension to the current deadline. Short of an actual no-deal shambles Sterling likely to potter around below 40 unless BJ doesn't make it. If that happens Sterling going back up above 40.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Plans are in hand to open soup kitchens in North East Thailand. The poor farangs/CCs ,  still need to eat. Even a cabbage has a heart. Thx brexitears.

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised
  • Like 1

Can't say that of the EURO, we are at the very bottom of 35 right now.
Hoping for a bounce on the 5 year chart (March 14th 2015 was same) but if it breaks 34.5 it ain't good....

Not sure how any European could accept living here if it goes down below this much more,
you got to be really loaded to not feel this (or living on already exchanged savings somehow).

Edited by tabarin
  • Thanks 1

Hoping for a bounce on the 5 year chart (March 14th 2015 was same) but if it breaks 34.5 it ain't good....

Not sure how any European could accept living here if it goes down below this much more,
you got to be really loaded to not feel this (or living on already exchanged savings somehow).
The exchange rate for sure may increase churn at the margins but since so much of one's expenditure is discretionary, then there are endless options to adjust one's net expenditure to match reduced total of bahts received. One example might be say Lady Drinks expenditure. Poor girls should get a briefing on how its all Boris's fault.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tabarin said:

That was due to Draghi's hint that he would lower interest rates and increase QE. The Baht is strong against all major currencies including the Dollar, Pound, and Euro. This won't change anytime soon unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes. What would you like to know? ????

????  I don't believe money markets go by everything that is happening with brexit it obviously have some affect.

If the EU is doing so good during the brexit fiasco why hasn't the Euro been higher than £ value to the dollar.  

There are so many conflicting reports from so called financial experts on the £ future I can only joke about it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I agree but that is what you get when you go to the counter with your GBP in your sweaty hand, incidentally that is also the rate that Thai IO use to calculate your pension in Baht at least it is in Surin IO

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

????  I don't believe money markets go by everything that is happening with brexit it obviously have some affect.

If the EU is doing so good during the brexit fiasco why hasn't the Euro been higher than £ value to the dollar.  

There are so many conflicting reports from so called financial experts on the £ future I can only joke about it. 

Well, I was joking too.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I agree but that is what you get when you go to the counter with your GBP in your sweaty hand, incidentally that is also the rate that Thai IO use to calculate your pension in Baht at least it is in Surin IO

w.r.t. visa fair comment.