can the pound hold 39bt

8 hours ago, Wazoo said:

add if and when we do get out of the eu, preferably with no deal and man i would not want to be paid in euros then. It will freefall without the pound holding it up.

:cheesy:

On 6/4/2019 at 5:21 PM, connda said:

Better question - why is the THB strengthening, and when will it level off?  

Thai exports will eventually be priced out of the market.  I wonder what is flowing from China through Thailand that keeps the exports strong? Just a thought. The government can subsidize things like farm products, but that can not work for the long-term. Something is funny.  

My guess is that it's painful now, but eventually the Thai baht breaks.

this must be "Thai baht breaks" comment no. 793 since i started reading Thaivisa 15 years ago.

:coffee1:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wazoo said:

So... we don't need the pound to be strong yet.. samsung and toyota are the first to leave for Vietnam, 2 of many to follow. thai air are on their knees... thai bart is too strong but that bubble  is headed to burst... add if and when we do get out of the eu, preferably with no deal and man i would not want to be paid in euros then. It will freefall without the pound holding it up..  after we go, i hope we do, watch the eu come begging for us to buy their cars, cheese, wine etc. UK represents almost 20% of their GDP. . Think they are going to leave that parked on the docks? No way. Then watch the pound increase in value each and every time we strike another deal with the USA,  Canada,  Japan, the EU etc etc.. i have lost over 20% of my income since 2013 and happy to do so if thus gets us out of this eu dictatorship... cya:0) 

Thanks for that, it took me a good 10 mins for my belly to stop aching. Just out of interest what currency do they use on your planet?

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:
44 minutes ago, Naam said:

this must be "Thai baht breaks" comment no. 793 since i started reading Thaivisa 15 years ago.

:coffee1:

Just a few short years after it broke last time then.

Thai reserves in august 1997 USD 20.3 billion,

Thai reserves in march 2019 USD 209.7 billion.

keep on dreaming "Thai Baht breaks".

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, SteveK said:

It's going to get worse before it gets better that's for sure. I'm expecting 36 within 6 months. Then maybe within 10 years we can get back to 50. I'll be dead by then.

Too true , I will be 82 , what will a beer cost in 10 years time if back to 50B - quid ?

For SteveK....The uk is a complete shit hole, really. I'd be interested to know where you lived. Im just back in the uk after nearly 20 years in Thailand, and i can tell you now, its certainly not a shit hole. Yes, correct, the country is run by some of the most corrupt people around, nearly as bad as Thailand, at least they're open about it, but a shit hole it is not, unless your unfortunate to live in inner city areas with, not so much spare cash, then of course, there are better places. Best you stay in Thailand, if you don't fancy your shithole country so much......Enjoy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lufc74 said:

For SteveK....The uk is a complete shit hole, really. I'd be interested to know where you lived. Im just back in the uk after nearly 20 years in Thailand, and i can tell you now, its certainly not a shit hole. Yes, correct, the country is run by some of the most corrupt people around, nearly as bad as Thailand, at least they're open about it, but a shit hole it is not, unless your unfortunate to live in inner city areas with, not so much spare cash, then of course, there are better places. Best you stay in Thailand, if you don't fancy your shithole country so much......Enjoy.

I'm thinking weather, accommodation and taxes prices 'shithole' rather than people 'shithole'.

I'd have even less spare cash in the UK, unless you know where I can buy a decent country property with land for around E15,000.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Tea lady?

Ok big boy YOU explain to all and sundry on the thread how Sterling/Baht interbank is calculated.

When you have proved that its not the multiplication of Sterling/Dollar by Baht/Dollar than I'll write a cheque for £10,000 to a charity of Thaivisas members choice

Over to you. Make sure am quoted so I can see response tomorrow. Off you go.....

By the way I wouldnt be overly impressed with Naam agreeing with you. The so called financial guru 7 years ago had no idea that "Cable" referred to the exchange rate of Sterling/Dollar the oldest and first financial instrument pair so called because of the transatlantic cable of the time between the UK and USA

Sort of like the equivalent of not knowing your 12 times table.....

Edited by Chivas

On 6/3/2019 at 8:24 AM, scubascuba3 said:

We need some good brexit news to come through, could take a few years

Rumor has it that the Queen will be pawning her jewels to prop up the UK Pound. The last resort will be to pawn off her lands, and then grandchildren.

1 hour ago, Gumballl said:

Rumor has it that the Queen will be pawning her jewels to prop up the UK Pound. The last resort will be to pawn off her lands, and then grandchildren.

Really? Got a link for that? Or have you got a gumball blockage?

Edited by nauseus

1 hour ago, dcsw53 said:

????????

Rk71pjKP7BCI0sTVTNcmCmdBezOMS5jmn8IMnCmL

NO  !!!

Correct. No. The site that produces this guff does not detail its ownership, location nor give any credit to the geniuses that create these bogus forecasts. Ignore it.

9 hours ago, Chivas said:

Ok big boy YOU explain to all and sundry on the thread how Sterling/Baht interbank is calculated.

When you have proved that its not the multiplication of Sterling/Dollar by Baht/Dollar than I'll write a cheque for £10,000 to a charity of Thaivisas members choice

Over to you. Make sure am quoted so I can see response tomorrow. Off you go.....

By the way I wouldnt be overly impressed with Naam agreeing with you. The so called financial guru 7 years ago had no idea that "Cable" referred to the exchange rate of Sterling/Dollar the oldest and first financial instrument pair so called because of the transatlantic cable of the time between the UK and USA

Sort of like the equivalent of not knowing your 12 times table.....

Its all pairs. Not exactly rocket science. 2 pairs and we are into arbitrage. The other fantasy stuff comes off the back of your tea trolley. As for criticising Naam, maybe you could find something a little less trivial. He's all ears I am sure.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, Chivas said:

why would anybody be interested to know the exchange rate code "cable" of the world's leading currency USD vs. the insignificant currency GBP used on an economically insignificant island that depreciated >triple digit percentages vs. other major currencies?

i'm a German and i remember English lessons as a boy when a single mighty British Pound (supported by slave labour and rigorous exploitation of commodities in the Commonwealth colonies) bought 20 Deutsche Mark. extrapolated as of today that would be GBP 1 = DEM 1.95583 = minus >1000%

now back to the corner where your framed certificate hangs certifying "knows what cable means".

rabugento1.gif

20 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Its all pairs. Not exactly rocket science. 2 pairs and we are into arbitrage. The other fantasy stuff comes off the back of your tea trolley. As for criticising Naam, maybe you could find something a little less trivial. He's all ears I am sure.

all ears, quite amused and thankful for Chivas' pass enabling a rebuttal containing some hard facts.  :smile:

as this is ThaiVisa i expect (it happened more than once before) that i will be accused being personaly responsible for the atrocities in Auschwitz, Bergen-Belsen and Buchenwald). oh well...

• Like 1

It's more realistic to look at the Pound/US$/Euro/AUS $ exchange rates, against which the pound has been relatively stable during the last 6 months.   The problem is the over valuation of the Baht, evidence of which is already manifesting itself in the drop of imports, and in the drop in non Asian tourists. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pagallim said:

It's more realistic to look at the Pound/US$/Euro/AUS $ exchange rates, against which the pound has been relatively stable during the last 6 months.   The problem is the over valuation of the Baht, evidence of which is already manifesting itself in the drop of imports, and in the drop in non Asian tourists. 

you mean of course a drop in exports because of the strong (not over-valued) Baht.

nos. 2018

Imports $ 249.23 bb

Exports $ 252.48 bb

Balance $   +3.25 bb

nos. 2019 YTD:

Imports $ 20.012 bb

Exports $ 18.556 bb

Balance $ -1.456 bb = 7.28% = nothing to rave about, nothing to whine about.

U.K. trade deficit 2018 = £ 31 bb =  $ 40 billion 

Thailand current account surplus of 7.4 percent of GDP.

U.K. UK current account deficit widened to 3.9% of GDP in 2018,

compared with 3.3% in 2017.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/balanceofpayments/octobertodecember2018

where's the beef? :unsure:

2 hours ago, Naam said:

you mean of course a drop in exports because of the strong (not over-valued) Baht.

nos. 2018

Imports $ 249.23 bb

Exports $ 252.48 bb

Balance $   +3.25 bb

nos. 2019 YTD:

Imports $ 20.012 bb

Exports $ 18.556 bb

Balance $ -1.456 bb = 7.28% = nothing to rave about, nothing to whine about.

U.K. trade deficit 2018 = £ 31 bb =  $ 40 billion 

Thailand current account surplus of 7.4 percent of GDP.

U.K. UK current account deficit widened to 3.9% of GDP in 2018,

compared with 3.3% in 2017.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/balanceofpayments/octobertodecember2018

where's the beef? :unsure:

The official projection for 2019 Thai exports was an increase of 5%.   Last month (May), that was revised to 3%.   This month (June) that's been again downgraded to 1%.   The strength of the baht is not because of its inherent strength.   There is a bubble about to burst with a contraction of its exports and falling domestic consumption.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pagallim said:

The official projection for 2019 Thai exports was an increase of 5%.   Last month (May), that was revised to 3%.   This month (June) that's been again downgraded to 1%.   The strength of the baht is not because of its inherent strength.   There is a bubble about to burst with a contraction of its exports and falling domestic consumption.

projections, especially 'official' ones, aren't worth the paper or bandwidth used to publish them when they don't match the facts. and that applies globally.

a few months ago "lurned eggsburts" projected that the FED will hike interest rates three times in 2019, today the projection is... FED will decrease once.

a few months ago Brexit was Brexit, Nigel Farage and his boys and girls will make sure that Brexit happens. today Nigel is standing somewhere holding his dick wondering what happened same same Theresa May. 

On 6/7/2019 at 1:31 PM, nauseus said:

Nearly 40 today - the Euro and Dollar slipping a bit with the Baht unchanged against the USD.

Eurozone wobbling a bit with news of lower German growth:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/07/bundesbank-slashes-german-growth-forecasts.html

less than 39 now ????????????????????    Eurozone not wobbling as much as the UK it would seem ???? next stop 35 as predicted by a certain poster on here,teddys 50 looking like a pie in the issan sky ????

On 6/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, BritManToo said:

I think the whole world is sinking.

Us olds will probably be the last ones with pensions.

For everyone younger it'll be work until you drop (if given the chance of work).

I've lived through the best of times, enjoyed my big TV, banged until I'm tired of it, and drunk until I passed out.

sorry but just because the UK is sinking you prefer to think its a worldwide thing,typical brexiteer talk,keep dreaming

• Like 1