Cardiologist

ThaiBob

Diabetic t1, 40+ years. Has been to BHP in Pattaya and being treated for arrthymia(PVC). Using diltiazem HCL just recently (after Metoprolol). The arrhythmia can be disconcerting with episodes of increased BP and heart rate (which later subsides). Obviously underlying cardiovascular issues. I wish to go to Bangkok for second opinions as my current cardiologist and nephrologist differ as to whether I should have an angiogram. Recommendations (doctor /hospital /cost)? Thanks in advance. 

Assoc. Prif. Thaworn (sonetimes spelled Taworn) Suitichaiyakul

US trained and very good

Sukhumvit Hospural Saturdays 2 - 3:30 pm

Licated near Ekamai bus station and Ekamai BTD

I think he is also at Bangkok Christian Hosputal Saturday mornings but call to cinfirm and give both first & last name as there is another doc there with same first name

Consultation would I expect be under 2000 baht. Beyind that drpends on what needs to be done. Don't buy meds at the hospital.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Assoc. Prif. Thaworn (sonetimes spelled Taworn) Suitichaiyakul

US trained and very good

Sukhumvit Hospural Saturdays 2 - 3:30 pm

Licated near Ekamai bus station and Ekamai BTD

I think he is also at Bangkok Christian Hosputal Saturday mornings but call to cinfirm and give both first & last name as there is another doc there with same first name

Consultation would I expect be under 2000 baht. Beyind that drpends on what needs to be done. Don't buy meds at the hospital.

Excellent. BCH would be very convenient for me, would that be a good choice to do a procedure if required?

It's a fine hospital though last I heard did not have its own cath lab and the Prof. would use the one at Chullongkorn (which is close by) for patients admitted to BCH. That info is a few years old so could have changed since.

Note that I am not certain Prof. Taworn is still at BCH Saturday mornings. They changed their website (now only in Thai) and I don't see him listed anymore. So call and check being sure to give full name to avoid confusion.

• Thanks 1