'Trump baby' balloon to fly outside British parliament as big protests expected

webfact

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

I just read it and glanced the readers comments. The Daily Mail is the paper said to represent Middle England.

The comments overwhelmingly condemn the shrieking harridan and her disciples. The support of Middle Englanders for Trump and his visit is only too obvious.

she is correct, anyone who supports trump and his friends are as she describes

ReplyNew Comment

Against 29

For 1
Rate

If that 'mayor' remains in office after all this it will be a national disgrace.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Ya many were cheering him and just as many not. Opinion is divided and most of us, like me, are mixed in our views. I like some of his points and loathe others but the system elected him, and again probably in 2020. 

Again, could you support the claims made regarding numbers of protestors and cheerleaders?

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

I just read it and glanced the readers comments. The Daily Mail is the paper said to represent Middle England.

The comments overwhelmingly condemn the shrieking harridan and her disciples. The support of Middle Englanders for Trump and his visit is only too obvious.

If that 'mayor' remains in office after all this it will be a national disgrace.

Milk it for all it's worth.

Doubt all those opposing Trump identify with the rudeness and violence offered in this incident.

As for the take regarding the Daily Mail:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You're right, many were cheering him. In my experience, based on social media (Facebook etc.), and based on radio phone-in debates I listen to, most people in the UK are either indifferent or they welcome Trump. Most see his faults but respect the office of POTUS (which is my position). Others feel the UK could do with a leader with Trump's passion and no nonsense approach. 

The reason that there were more anti-Trump protesters than there were pro-Trump protesters is that 1) the people who are indifferent are not going to go out on the streets, and more importantly 2) pro-Trump sentiment is met with such vitriol and hate from the lefties that people don't think it's worth the hassle. 

This is a great example of how the lovely caring lefties treat their fellow citizens who disagree with them: 

New video shows elderly Trump supporter being pushed to ground

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/05/new-video-shows-elderly-trump-supporter-pushed-ground-9824947/

A bunch of self-righteous bozos with too much free time on their hands assaulting old folks. Hope the gentleman is OK.

It looks the hag who is shouting "nazi scum" in the second (milk shake) VDO, and her pals, are the real fascists.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

A thread full of posts from Trump supporters spitting the dummy over a baby balloon, and you call those opposed to him snowflakes?  Calm down, the big bad balloon will be put away now he's left and you can try and forget that it ever happened.

What I can't stand is the hypocrisy from the anti-Trump protesters. I heard one young lady who helps organise the flying of that pathetic balloon saying something like; the balloon is a protest against a man who is a childish bully, full of hate toward other human beings. If you ask me, flying a baby balloon with orange skin and tiny hands is a very personal insult, ridiculing his physical appearance. They excuse this by saying the British are well known for their satirical humour. But they are advocating attacks on physical appearance, i.e. childish bullying and hate. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What I can't stand is the hypocrisy from the anti-Trump protesters. I heard one young lady who helps organise the flying of that pathetic balloon saying something like; the balloon is a protest against a man who is a childish bully, full of hate toward other human beings. If you ask me, flying a baby balloon with orange skin and tiny hands is a very personal insult, ridiculing his physical appearance. They excuse this by saying the British are well known for their satirical humour. But they are advocating attacks on physical appearance, i.e. childish bullying and hate. 

You're talking about the same President who had no issues of publicly imitating and ridiculing a handicapped person. Same indignation then? And besides, Trump vehemently denies he's got small hands, or small anything....are you saying he does?

But by all means, go on about hypocrisy.

Edited by Morch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OtinPattaya said:

Can you imagine if, upon the visit of the Queen to the USA--which, by the way, most Americans vehemently disagree with, the very notion of representative or token monarchy-- that we float a parody of someone from the royal family. Now, the reason we don't do that is we have respect for the British institution of monarchy, because the British are our friends and our allies. Do you really think any American has ever had any respect for Charles personally? Or any royal personally? So, while I understand British people's objection to Donald Trump personally, the real affront is to the symbolism of the US presidency itself. And if Brits don't care about that, should we, as Americans, keep paying mouth-honor to England's obsession with nostalgia? Why should we Americans not mock the institution of British monarchy? Why should we not float a parody of English royalty? Something the English hold dear.

1. You seem unaware of the difference between England, Great Britain and/or the United Kingdom.

2. The difference between Nostalgia and habits is measured in Centuries.

3. Sending up the Royals is very much part of the culture you seem desperate to offend.

Edited by evadgib

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

Milk it for all it's worth.

Doubt all those opposing Trump identify with the rudeness and violence offered in this incident.

As for the take regarding the Daily Mail:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

:coffee1:

Say what you like about the Daily Mail but after The Sun which is another right leaning UK newspaper it is still the most widely read printed newspaper in the country and the Number One most widely read on line newspaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

You're talking about the same President who had no issues of publicly imitating and ridiculing a handicapped person. Same indignation then? And besides, Trump vehemently denies he's got small hands, or small anything....are you saying he does?

But by all means, go on about hypocrisy.

So you think it's okay for those protesters to ridicule someone's physical appearance then? I mean I'm no snowflake, but a snowflake might complain this could result in bullying of kids who have a slightly orange complexion or small hands - or even worse a deformity that has left them with small hands. 

You must see the hypocrisy there. 

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Say what you like about the Daily Mail but after The Sun which is another right leaning UK newspaper it is still the most widely read printed newspaper in the country and the Number One most widely read on line newspaper.

And your point is?

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

While I'm on a good old rant, I love (not) the way the media are all focusing on Trump's insulting tweets about Sadiq Khan. But the fact is Kahn started this latest row by saying the following just before Trump was due to arrive in the UK:

“This is a man who tried to exploit Londoners’ fears following a horrific terrorist attack on our city,” “Rather than bestowing Trump with a grand platform of acceptability to the world, we should be speaking out and saying that this behavior is unacceptable.”

And let's not forget it was Khan who gave permission for that orange baby Trump balloon to be flown over Parliament the last time Trump visited the UK, and he is continually making negative comments about Trump. As a former lawyer Khan might be able to get his insults across in a more intelligent manner.  He just lights the fuse and runs. 

Or.

He's tolerant of the people of the city for which he is mayor expressing their opinions and exercising their democratic right to protest.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Morch said:

I've no idea what you're on about with the 25,000 -> bravo! bit. You do not speak or represent any "vast majority", you're just making thing up to fit your views. Links referencing Trump's low approval ratings in the UK and elsewhere (including the USA) have been posted numerous times. You, on the other hand, do not present anything to back up your "majority" claims.

As far as I recall, visits by previous USA Presidents did not generally cause such responses. The protest is more about Trump.

I concur that Corbyn is a bad choice.

Well most POTUS don't get State visits. Anyway... we dont really know what the majority of us think about Trump but most have mixed views like myself. Visit was unremarkable and 25,000 protested not the expected 250,000 - why I dont know probably boredom. 

12 hours ago, ballpoint said:

What a shame Spitting Image is no longer on.  Imagine how they'd depict Trump, and the total meltdown from his supporters.  One of their creators did make puppet of him, but says he may have to redo it, as "it's not disgusting enough".

Loved SI and Pelosi and Waters would have been great to watch too. Oh I forget... we cant do 'Waters' as the Libs would cry racist!  crazy world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Well most POTUS don't get State visits. Anyway... we dont really know what the majority of us think about Trump but most have mixed views like myself. Visit was unremarkable and 25,000 protested not the expected 250,000 - why I dont know probably boredom. 

Yes, but it doesn't mean that reactions cannot be compared, obviously you're not interested in going there. So now you've gone from "vast majority" to "we don't really know", while again pushing "most have mixed views". Kindly pick a nonsense argument and stick with it.

Ignore it all you want, Trump's approval rating are low - in the UK and many other places. We don't really know is just a phrase used to deny this, nothing more.

I don't know that there were realistic expectations for 250K strong crowd, or that the actual participation conforms to the figures cited by Trump supporters on this forum (which greatly vary).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Loved SI and Pelosi and Waters would have been great to watch too. Oh I forget... we cant do 'Waters' as the Libs would cry racist!  crazy world

A Waters puppet biting off Trump puppet’s ridiculous hairpiece and spitting it into his glass of diet coke would be hilarious, actually.

Whenever Trump supporters make disparaging and/or unsupported comments regarding crowd size and figures, it's good to recall this quote: "...the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe".

...but-but-but-Trump

Just saw a f/book post that a (named) UK woman had stabbed the balloon with a sharp object while shouting "Trump is the greatest president ever" or some such.

No mention of penetration or deflation, and as it was dated June 4th, on a Trump support site, and no other confirmation, strongly suspect "fake news".

• Like 1