10 Hours - For 4 "Services"

On 6/5/2019 at 5:56 AM, ccarbaugh said:

Yes, after living in the same apartment straight up the street from the Immigration Office for 7 1/2 years, they sprung the urgent TM30 Issue on me!  (Fortunately, my apartment manager emailed then my 'Rental Contract' and it worked - just took-up another 2 hours!  

Insanity!!

7 hours ago, zydeco said:

The result of this? The crowds are horrendous. Nobody leaves to free up any chairs in the waiting area. People were camped out on the floor. Indians were bringing in their own food and starting a party. Very unpleasant and foul smell.

This might be a blessing in disguise - immigration staff can't possibly be happy working in these conditions. Aside from an increasing number of complaints from foreigners, there's going to be complaints within their own ranks too. 

6 hours ago, Kasane said:

Do you also say American Protestants, American Mormons, American Catholics when you write about Americans?

different cultural norms.

check out the crowd outside an air india boarding gate next time you visit a departure hall....count the bedrolls and picnic blankets spread out covering all available floorspace in the walkways.

it's not a homeless shelter, just folks passing the time before their flight.

I have lived in several 1st. to 3rd. world countries during my lifetime. I have plenty to moan about in TH. Immigration is not part of it. Easy, fast, cheap, low thresholds and conditions and therefore attracting crowds that might never fulfill conditions to get residence, long-term stays, work permits in other countries. Expats with zero financial reserves, no proper health insurance, not even savings enough to oblige legal requirements to stay in the country of their choice, play a risky game in many respects. Never any issues in Phuket, Samui, Pattaya in 26 years. Maybe i am just lucky and well enough prepared. Looking at certain people, that show up dressed like slobs, ruffled and incomplete papers in hand and full of attitudes... 

They deserve to be sent away to prepare better. MS>~

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

This might be a blessing in disguise - immigration staff can't possibly be happy working in these conditions. Aside from an increasing number of complaints from foreigners, there's going to be complaints within their own ranks too. 

I have to believe this will be the case. When I left at 4:15 pm, there were still no empty seats in the waiting area, people who were waiting before I got there at 10:00 am were still waiting. And I think Immigration is obligated to keeping things open until the last customer with a number is taken care of. There has to be a rebellion brewing among the staff. I know if I had to work under those conditions, I would quit.

• Like 2