Worldwide stock market thread

Give your opinion or insights on any market in the world known to mankind. If you can pick specific stocks you must disclose that you own it. So let's find out what stocks people are into and why?

I am into these right now all in the American exchange, however I would like to diversify and look at places like China or India.

I will only use stock symbols for the duration of the thread. Here are my picks feel free to add your own. 

Disclosure I own all of these stocks. Later I will give some explanations as to why I feel they could become strong. Please do the same.

AAPL- 

AMZN

V

MA

ACB

TDOC

BA

MSFT

AMAT

TWLO

Feel free to weigh in with your picks.

I stopped buying/selling individual stocks long ago... I could not outperform S&P or the fund managers that I use - I have 2 managed accounts and though I commend your fortitude, investing in my manner is great for me, giving me time to enjoy my retirement... 

I understand it is probably fun for you and that is great... 

21 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I stopped buying/selling individual stocks long ago... I could not outperform S&P or the fund managers that I use - I have 2 managed accounts and though I commend your fortitude, investing in my manner is great for me, giving me time to enjoy my retirement... 

I understand what you mean and it is a big misconception that it is impossible to pick stocks. However you can realize short term gains and then buy an ETF. So you pick a stock and stick to a rule. I use 20% which isn't that hard to achieve. Now your $100 is $120 and you fund your ETF.

There is also the difference between and active and passive investor. If you are a passive investor it is insane to hand pick stocks.

We also have a very different time frame so I can understand why you limit risk.

23 hours ago, kenk24 said:

so how much dividend you get each year ? curious

I am holding direct Gold shares in Australian market. Not shares in gold companies but direct gold shares. There are 2 stocks on the Australian market where one share equals a physical gold asset. Codes: PMGOLD, GOLD. So yes, I am hedging against the big fall.

The market has a bad day, these shares have a good day.

20 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

BABA - it's a hold 

Yeah I have been looking at BABA but sort of afraid of the Chna Trade thing. I think I should take a  small position and prepare to cost average into it. It is the AMZN of China.

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I am holding direct Gold shares in Australian market. Not shares in gold companies but direct gold shares. There are 2 stocks on the Australian market where one share equals a physical gold asset. Codes: PMGOLD, GOLD. So yes, I am hedging against the big fall.

The market has a bad day, these shares have a good day.

Thanks for that tis is the sort of info I am looking for.

NVDA  (Nvidia) has been beaten to hell lately. I had a piece of it like two months ago and sold at something like $190. It now trades at $145 maybe worth a look. They are supposedly announcing a spoiler that will foil AMD ( Advanced Micro Devices) next week at E3 convention.

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Yeah I have been looking at BABA but sort of afraid of the Chna Trade thing. I think I should take a  small position and prepare to cost average into it. It is the AMZN of China.

They are also the parent company of Lazada....

China has not even reached it's potential of online shoppers.

11 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

They are also the parent company of Lazada....

China has not even reached it's potential of online shoppers.

Right now it also trades way off of it's 52 week high as well. At $152 is it isn't prohibitively expensive. I will buy 10 shares and see which way it goes. I have been thinking of BABA for awhile I didn't know it was also Lazada.

Target price consensus is $216

https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/baba/price-target

On 6/8/2019 at 3:13 AM, ncc1701d said:

No one has come close to claiming Buffett’s 1 Million dollar prize.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/09/buffett-challenge-hedge-funds-vs-index-funds-9-years-on.html

Probably because it is a challenge to a hedge fund. Many independent investors like Icahn would easily beat this. Buffett doesn't even know what he is talking about these days. he bought Kraft-Heinz because he has a notoriously bad diet that comprises of all processed foods, chicken McNuggets and no vegetables. Millennials don't want Kraft Mac and cheese. But that happens as people get old and out of touch. His lieutenant in Berk was finally allowed to buy Amazon. They bought it higher than it is now. 

As far as I know they didn't buy the dip when it was trading at $1,683 a week ago but bought at $1,935. His cost average on Apple is north of $200. I get notifications about insider trading as a share holder. 

People worship Buffett but his value investing style has not been relevant for two decades.

I would love to bet Buffett he can't beat me at stocks if were both start today and have the same amount of money. Warren is sniffing his own farts while he poisons himself with cherry Coke and Mcdonald's.

Anyway one to look at is CRM (salesforce) down 5% on a day of big gains because of acquiring Tableau for $15.2 billion. It is only down because of a merger using stock alone and didn't participate like other stocks in todays rally. So there could be a nice setup for a quick trade or a solid long.

Also to the poster that told me about BABA cheers. I took a small slice and so far so good. I bought 10 shares on your advice and sold 5 off just to make my average price per share lower than it trades at. 

Thanks for the advice.

Zuora (ZUO) has had a 30% dip but has become stable and might be one to look at. I own 10 shares. I would maybe buy into it looking at 10 shares as a small position like buying one stock. It trades at around $15 a share at the moment.

Archived