This Pound to Baht exchange rate prediction is enough to make you cry

How does majority deserve caps when it was 51%?

That would infer almost half the population was against Brexit - only those with the mentality of a 13 year-old got carried away by the facebook hype, helped along by meddling Russians and lying idiots like Boris the UK Trump....

Those with brains voted against it, so the only logical conclusion is there are slightly more dumb people in the UK than intelligent...

Once Brexit is cancelled the Pound will revert back to 50, which is still ridiculously low against the manipulated Baht. That bubble will burst soon as well and then we could be back to 70 again.

Everyone's guess is equally valid...

How has the baht been manipulated?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why no link to the source ? :mellow:

Very often than articles made by ThaiVisa "News Team" don't show a link to the source :sad:

You should know that many readers may want to read more about some of these subjects,

and it's not always easy to find the source, even with Google help...

Here you are: http://poundf.co.uk/pound-to-baht-forecast-gbp-to-thb

12 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Very often than articles made by ThaiVisa "News Team" don't show a link to the source :sad:

You should know that many readers may want to read more about some of these subjects,

yeah not only that I began to read an article the other day where the author wrote they were a reporter, it reminds me why tv goes straight to spam box

1 hour ago, terje johnsen said:

this prediction is if uk get a hard brexit if they get an agreement with eu the pound will be the same.

If there is no general election / no second-referendum to get in the way, I really see the likelihood of a 'hard' brexit being ... hard to avoid .....  it will take likely 5 to 7 years after that to go through the entirety of trade negotiations for some sort trade agreement.   Yes, the economy will adjust ... but I don't see any sunshine in the short-term.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Maybe show predictions of other currencies against the Baht....is this prediction based in the fall of Sterling or the rise in Baht, or a combination...? 

Predictions are what they are. Simple thoughts of overpaid "analysts" that get a 10% pay raise if they are right and a 5% pay raise even if they are wrong.  

Today the pound is strengthening against US$ and Baht? only marginally, when they finally leave the confines of the EU it will recover, my prediction for what it's worth. Luckily being paid in $US at the mo.

Once these government traitors are gone and we are out the EU the UK economy will start to take off and a new government run by the people for the people and send illegal immigrants back to where they came from, or give them free tickets to Germany, France or any of the other countries that are in the EU

Another gfc of bigger proportions on the horizon and then there will be a reset. The world is borrowed to the hilt , and Thais don’t understand simple economics. Borrowings are massive. I know a Thai who has just bought her second property within 6 months , Loan to Value ratio 90%. Bank lent 90% of purchase price. 

Unsustainable. 

The old guard is back to rule. The loot’s being repatriated out to invest overseas by the mega rich. Unless anyone can see any other reason. Australia forcing its currency lower to stimulate the economy. So who is right? 

Look on the bright side. I bough a lot of money over when the pound was 74.

Bought a house , a car , a motorcycle etc , all as cheap as chips.

Now we are ready to retire to the UK we can sell it all and convert the baht into pounds and make a pile of money.

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Now we are ready to retire to the UK we can sell it all and convert the baht into pounds and make a pile of money.

Yep will be doing the same thing with my Condo bought when the Oz dollar was on fire. I laugh at the fools that say never bring money to thailand banks are not to be trusted or I live off my assets OS where they are safe LMAO while their currency is becoming totally worthless (usa exempt). 

I have already commented on here about Brexit loss of jobs investment ect already happening if there is no deal worse

but that's what the majority of people voted for Brexit  in the UK

my concern was as living here the pound exchange rate going  lower and no doubt will get worse 

I hope to be proved wrong 

but what will be will be 

12 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Wait till the over borrowed Thai economy collapses again and Daddy Farang IMF has to save em yet again. The £ will recover after Brexit.

It won’t be the IMF if there’s a next time. You can guess who would gladly step in if that situation arose again.

15 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Google , gbp/thb  five year forecast .   Not for the faint hearted.

A quote from Forbes about economy forecasters.

Only lawyers are the butt of more jokes than are economists. A recent report by Sweden's central bank, Sveriges Riksbank, drills down into the dismal track record of the dismal science with what the authors claim is uniquely comprehensive scope.

21 minutes ago, Denim said:

Must of been on the same plane as you i did exactly the same thing.

Bought a vigo for roughly £11k kept it for 10 years sold it for 440k baht.

Basically got £11k back after 10 years if i returned to the uk today.

Who predicted this? Sounds like the sort of doomsday nonsense Mark Carney or George Osbourne would come out with. I wonder if this will happen before or after the 800,000 job losses, the emergency budget, the 30% drop in house prices etc.

Once the sore losers stop blocking Brexit and we see that the sky didn't fall, the pound will start making gains.

14 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Do not believe the propaganda of the EU. The pound will be strong again when the UK leaves this horror-EU ... if not the patriots will do it, someday the immigrants will free themselves from them ...

Ridiculous 

Archived