This Pound to Baht exchange rate prediction is enough to make you cry

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, SeeRTB said:

This sounds like good news to all the farang who want to leave and pull their millions out of the economy including me !

4 condos, beach land and house for sale ... Lol 

Having condos and beach land is one thing, selling them is another, let alone selling them at a good price.

19 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was here when it was over 90 to the £, during '97. So not at all impressed. But hey ho, I only visit for holidays.!

It's the people who live there on a fixed income who it really hurts.

It was never over 90. Its height was 73

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Look on the bright side. I bough a lot of money over when the pound was 74.

Bought a house , a car , a motorcycle etc , all as cheap as chips.

Now we are ready to retire to the UK we can sell it all and convert the baht into pounds and make a pile of money.

If you can find a buyer, for he has to pay more because of the bad exchange rates. Not so likely with the current environment of rates, visas, insurance, etc, etc.

This post is talking about a certain type of retiree. Those  genuine retirees who made Thailand their home would have transfered their funds and investments here to avoid exchange rate fluctuations. The retirees who will suffer from the plummeting pound seem to still consider the UK as their home and are in my opinion , mostly sexpats, ugly, old and unattractive and the sort of person a decent looking girl wouldn't give them a second look in their home country. They live in "farang" ghettos. They complain about everything, and particularly how expensive the girls are getting. (Due, of course, to the plummeting pound). Hopefully we will see a lot of them leave!

1 minute ago, gamini said:

This post is talking about a certain type of retiree. Those  genuine retirees who made Thailand their home would have transfered their funds and investments here to avoid exchange rate fluctuations. The retirees who will suffer from the plummeting pound seem to still consider the UK as their home and are in my opinion , mostly sexpats, ugly, old and unattractive and the sort of person a decent looking girl wouldn't give them a second look in their home country. They live in "farang" ghettos. They complain about everything, and particularly how expensive the girls are getting. (Due, of course, to the plummeting pound). Hopefully we will see a lot of them leave!

You mean the typical TV poster?

16 hours ago, jackj said:

Yeah it could be 17 Baht to the Pound .

The UK economy depends heavily on its position as the leading financial centre in the world. If it leaves the EU it will lose this position and the economy will deteriorate. But of course the Brexiteers will call this fear mongering 

19 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was here when it was over 90 to the £, during '97. So not at all impressed. But hey ho, I only visit for holidays.

It only went over 90 for a few hours on 12th jan 1998.

And a few hours on  jan 26th 

And was only ever above 80 for a month. never to be seen again.

294603123_ScreenShot2019-06-06at13_34_06.png.80ab2776a39be650cf05d66d99a3bfc0.png763766923_ScreenShot2019-06-06at13_36_55.png.e16683e4756dc76edce78ea9e5163d1c.png187624513_ScreenShot2019-06-06at13_23_59.png.aa3bde6f1cfe3e63e4c76b82adbc6de9.png

19 hours ago, watgate said:

What better way to bring Great Britain back into the EU and not proceed with Brexit is to hurt their citizens where it hurts, in the pocket book. The central bankers are ruthless and will resort to everything and anything to maintain control and stay in power. 

Or Brexit is ruining the pound which is already happening. A lot of this prediction will have the Brexit clusterf&&k baked into it. Still holiday at home I say and spend your broken pounds in Blackpool. 

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Who predicted this? Sounds like the sort of doomsday nonsense Mark Carney or George Osbourne would come out with. I wonder if this will happen before or after the 800,000 job losses, the emergency budget, the 30% drop in house prices etc.

Once the sore losers stop blocking Brexit and we see that the sky didn't fall, the pound will start making gains.

says Forex guru Johhny F (hint Jacob Rees-Mogg moved tow of his investment funds to Dublin and John Redwood dissed the Uk as an investment destination and they are arch Brexit supporters. You are being, had, robbed and gamed and still you cheer it on. 

20 minutes ago, gamini said:

Gaviscon can help with all that bile...

14 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Those with brains voted against it, so the only logical conclusion is there are slightly more dumb people in the UK than intelligent...

Same in every country and the masses are so easily manipulated. Just put an hours propaganda on the TV every night.....????.

It is not clear . Is the £/Baht prediction based on just  the £ falling or the expectation of  the Baht rising.

Thailand has successfully 'Boxed in ' the Baht. Speculators will not touch it.

The Thai economy has a trading surplus.

US$236.69 billion  Export

US$222.76 billion  Import

Source Wiki -2017 figures

So a high Baht is no surprise.

If it is in part about the Baht rising -then tourism will be severely affected.

Exports will go down -the Baht then weakens.

Maybe!

10 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

No One can forecast the future exchange rate.

I have seem B38 and B85 to the £ and am assured that it was once over B100 to £.

It's just to complex a subject for us simple souls.

John

But what we can know if we have eyes to see is that Brexit is the worse thing a civilised rich country has done to itself in peacetime and what effect it is having and will have on the economy if it continues its murderous course. That will be good for 10 baht off the 40 and the shytestorm and seems to have no sign of abating. 

>>Total BS. The Euro is as much down to THB as the Pound is.

>>Brexit and a massive trade deal with the US will strengthen the pound. The US$ has been relatively stable against the Baht.

The drop in Euro has been about half of £ over the last few years.

According to Pound Forcast, € and £ will be on par in May/June 2022 at 30 Baht per unit. After that £ will drop below Euro.

But if somebody right now, tries to forecast the weather in May 2022 they will probably have a bigger chance of success.

(Unfortunately, it looks like 'Pound Forcast' have been mostly correct the last few years, but that might be pure luck)

The only positive thing I see in this forecast is that people who deposit 800000 Bath seems to get a nice profit in a few years time.

I gave up Thailand some years ago and bought a condo in Siem Reap, also here we have been hit.

When I started in Cambodia € was nearly 1.40 to the $ and right now it is 1.12 so I can feel your pain.

14 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You don’t understand the concept of winners and losers, do you?......despite being firmly entrenched in the latter category.

By the way, Brexit will not be cancelled.

Do you understand what a non-binding vote is?  The outcome was irrelevant.  Meant no more than a Facebook poll. Cameron should have had the backbone to ignore it.  But he walked away with his millions banked (overseas and not in GBP), and left ordinary folk to suffer the consequences of Brexit economic suicide.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

g term British retirees in Thailand who long for the days of 50, 60, 70 or even 80 Baht to the Pound, look away now!

But over the years, when it was suggested that those people ought to put 800,000 in a Thai bank, or at least buy more baht as a hedge against future rates, their typically snooty response was that the interest rates Iwere so much better in UK and British banks were so much safer than Thai banks.

It's not always  beneficial to make financial decisions using bigotry as a strategy.

20 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was here when it was over 90 to the £, during '97. So not at all impressed. But hey ho, I only visit for holidays.

When I bought my property in the past the Exchange rate was 1nok/6,2thb - today it is 1nok/3,6thb - time to sell and konvert back as nothing last forever … :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Paul52 said:

Do you understand what a non-binding vote is?  The outcome was irrelevant.  Meant no more than a Facebook poll. Cameron should have had the backbone to ignore it.  But he walked away with his millions banked (overseas and not in GBP), and left ordinary folk to suffer the consequences of Brexit economic suicide.

I understand exactly what a referendum is...

...and what Cameron said it was.

Move along.

From all that goes on here politically and corruption wise the thai baht strength is surprising. But for Britishers Thailand will likely be getting out of reach for long term stay. Sympathies for those who came here in better UK pound times and are now struggling financially as they become victims of policies of capricious politicians.

18 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Sent 2 mins ago.

Screenshot_20190605-203703.png

You send ? Anyone sending to Ladies .. laughing ladies who do not care what th exchange rate is as long as someone ... anyone ... is send the elixir of life to them ... plenty of baht to,buy new IPhone ,Galaxy, drinks for my friends , tofu, intestines, chicken feet and momma soup. Need to have brain scan !  

It would be interesting to see if the previous predictions for the £/baht rate for 2012-18 from the same source were anything like what the actual rate was at the time. If it closely followed what happened, then I would start to believe the figures quoted now. 

Archived