This Pound to Baht exchange rate prediction is enough to make you cry

20 hours ago, watgate said:

What better way to bring Great Britain back into the EU and not proceed with Brexit is to hurt their citizens where it hurts, in the pocket book. The central bankers are ruthless and will resort to everything and anything to maintain control and stay in power. 

I never forget: the US$ getting stronger and stronger towards the EU currencies around 1985. The Bundesbank decided to defend the 1US$ = 3 DM, and had a support of... 3 BILLION DM... For just a few HOURS they succeeded, and then… the 3 BILLION was gone, and the US$ went stronger again, till 1US$ = DM 3,50

I then followed a course at the Amsterdan Uni for international economic affairs = all what influences the exchange rate.

Comment of my professor then: about US$ 1000 Billion is traded per day. You rewally think any national bank can influence that ?  Later, ONLY the ECB, with € 750 BILLION ( more that 10x higher as Merkel and Hollande wants to allow ) 

so.."central bankers are ruthless and ,,, and stay in power", MY NOSE.

The confidence in the British economy thanks to Brexit, companies to close in the make industry, like now Ford Engines in Wales again (of course... NEVER because of Brexit, to avoid to annoy the British, who might stop buying Ford cars)… , so money is taken away to other currencies… YES.  Thanks to Nigel Drunkeneyes Farage, Boris the Liar and the other Eton boys.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gamini said:

The retirees who will suffer from the plummeting pound seem to still consider the UK as their home and are in my opinion , mostly sexpats, ugly, old and unattractive and the sort of person a decent looking girl wouldn't give them a second look in their home country. They live in "farang" ghettos. They complain about everything, and particularly how expensive the girls are getting. (Due, of course, to the plummeting pound). Hopefully we will see a lot of them leave!

None so righteous as a ex sexpat . 

How long have you had memory loss ?.

9 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

You send ? Anyone sending to Ladies .. laughing ladies who do not care what th exchange rate is as long as someone ... anyone ... is send the elixir of life to them ... plenty of baht to,buy new IPhone ,Galaxy, drinks for my friends , tofu, intestines, chicken feet and momma soup. Need to have brain scan !  

I live here, have done for the last 16 years. My pension, early retirement is paid in to a UK bank. I transfer it when I need it.

19 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Do not believe the propaganda of the EU. The pound will be strong again when the UK leaves this horror-EU ... if not the patriots will do it, someday the immigrants will free themselves from them ...

In my young years, 1971, the pound was Hfl 10,64 ( and the DM = Hfl 0,90). Compared with then : 10,64/2,2 = € 4,84 the British did a marvelous job to gain competition by lowering their currency, 16 Nov 2015: € 1,43 and today € 1,1288. Continue like that, when the pound on now = one once of then… 

16 hours ago, kingdong said:

brexit means brexit,take it you don,t live in the uk,there was a democratic vote and the MAJORITY of people voted to leave,how long do you honestly think the eu will last when the uk leaves?

There is a dense fogg in the Channel, the continent is isolated…. ????

21 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was here when it was over 90 to the £, during '97. So not at all impressed. But hey ho, I only visit for holidays.

It's the people who live there on a fixed income who it really hurts.

Must have been a "Mates Rates" as I've never seen or heard of 90...

20 years shows a max of 76 +

But there was one crazy month that shows on the 25 year graph.

86.15. Baht to the £1. Unreal. 

Well done.

Screenshot_20190605-201051_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190606-184002_Chrome.jpg

51 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I understand exactly what a referendum is...

...and what Cameron said it was.

Move along.

But you clearly don’t understand the difference between binding and non binding.  They are not the same.  The only reason why Boris could lie and get away with it was because it wasn’t a serious (binding) ref.  Outcome of non binding irrelevant, just like non binding votes in Parliament.  Ref was purely for internal Tory party issues, but backfired.  Cameron lacked the backbone to fix his mess, and ran away leaving the rest of non wealthy UK to suffer rise of right wing extremists and Brexit economic suicide.

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

If you can find a buyer, for he has to pay more because of the bad exchange rates. Not so likely with the current environment of rates, visas, insurance, etc, etc.

All the houses I have sold here before were sold to Thais. We don't live in a tourist town

7 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Complaining about getting 39 baht to the pound would love to get that, I think we are getting about 22 baht to the Aussie dollar down from 28/ 30 a few years ago and we are not involved in Brexit.

So you have lost 6 baht over the years....the pound has lost 30!!

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

Same in every country and the masses are so easily manipulated. Just put an hours propaganda on the TV every night.....????.

The leave campaign was very well run, they had simple messages which connected with simple people. The people who wanted to stay did not believe that we would be daft enough to vote to leave so a lot abstained from voting. The leavers were more passionate and voted in their droves. Boris will hopefully get found guilty of lying in his upcoming court appearance...lets see.

7 minutes ago, markt42 said:

So you have lost 6 baht over the years....the pound has lost 30!!

Two years ago it was 56 to £1.

Two years ago it was 26 to AU$1

Today is 39 to the £1.

20 today in pattaya. To the Aussie. 

Was 33 in 2009 to the Aussie. 

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

I understand exactly what a referendum is...

...and what Cameron said it was.

You, and pretty sure many others did as well.

But it seems that you and these others are not the ones with the ability to decide/determining. 

7 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

It won't rebound to 50 in one fell swoop.

It will take as long as it has taken to fall below 40 as it takes to get back up to 50 IF all the problems  in the UK are resolved

Well it did drop extremely quick against the dollar on results night so I see no reason why it wouldn’t take much more that a few weeks to get back to $1.40 and maybe more. I think it’s reasonable to think 50 baht to the £ very quickly indeed. Sterling is wayyyyy undervalued.

ECA90188-600C-440F-98AC-AFF0EBF94A46.png.ed8485780e4c6455c00206bac782205a.png

2 hours ago, markt42 said:

The leave campaign was very well run, they had simple messages which connected with simple people. The people who wanted to stay did not believe that we would be daft enough to vote to leave so a lot abstained from voting. The leavers were more passionate and voted in their droves. Boris will hopefully get found guilty of lying in his upcoming court appearance...lets see.

There points that as a remainer you surely agree with as this is where the E.U is at present

• The creation of Europe a Nation through a common European government.
  • The creation of an elected European parliament.
  • The continuation of national parliaments with their authority limited to social and cultural matters.
  • All policies of The National Party of Europe that was lead by Oswald Mosley......no need to say anymore.

4 hours ago, SunsetT said:

There will life but possibly not human.

when Hannibal crossed the Alps it was snow free, we are still around. The lucky ones will live in Sweden and Iceland but they will need big walls.

Just now, baansgr said:

There points that as a remainer you surely agree with as this is where the E.U is at present

• The creation of Europe a Nation through a common European government.
  • The creation of an elected European parliament.
  • The continuation of national parliaments with their authority limited to social and cultural matters.
  • All policies of The National Party of Europe that was lead by Oswald Mosley......no need to say anymore.

I want all of that except for Mosley, which won't happen.

I first came to Pattaya (for a holiday) back in 2004. £1 bought at least 70Baht-Why?

The reason why the £ was so high was because of a mistake by one American man. Easy for me to  criticise in hindsight.

In the year 2000 Fed Fund rates stood at 6%

Allan Greenspan (chairman of the Fed ) in 2003 took them down to 1%. That was the mistake. It became the first stage of what became known as the great recession.

UK base in 2003  was around 4%. Therefore a big sell off of $ to buy £. Hence  70+ baht to £

In 2005 £1 bought 1.9 $ (interbank)

The great recession saw a levelling of rates  Hence 50 baht

Brexit ensured it dropped to 40 and now further declines are forecast

As an aside it was fortunate for me (and others) -I bought my condo at 70. Without the Greenspan mistake it would have been at 50 .Impossible for me to purchase.

I have to Thank Greenspan.

Others will take different view.

Q Why did AG take them down to !%

A He saw a recession coming  to US as a consequence of the Dotcom boom/bust.

As chairman of the Fed he has a dual  mandate i.e prority No 1 keep US inflation within bounds  and then he has priority No 1 Take steps to avoid  serious un -employment.

In 2003 he chose the latter.

If he had dropped Fed Funds to say 3 to 4% the great recession would not have happened -and I would not be living in Thailand.

Probably there would have been a recession in US. In all probability it would have been not serious and only for a short period of time.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Why no link to the source ? :mellow:

Very often than articles made by ThaiVisa "News Team" don't show a link to the source :sad:

You should know that many readers may want to read more about some of these subjects,

and it's not always easy to find the source, even with Google help...

There IS a link in the OP.

http://poundf.co.uk/pound-to-baht-forecast-gbp-to-thb?fbclid=IwAR2pfplqwTyKv0bVYtY0xGGyH1JPm_sZEMrKrk2JFpbbeqvfd5uYxUBRizI

im Glad that Boris Johnson is being taken to court over his lies.

I agree that we are better off in than out (EU) 

if its bad decision financially, then its a bad decision period

The phillpines and vietnam becons..c u there????

11 hours ago, Brickbat said:

The world is borrowed to the hilt , and Thais don’t understand simple economics. Borrowings are massive. I know a Thai who has just bought her second property within 6 months , Loan to Value ratio 90%. Bank lent 90% of purchase price. 

Unsustainable. 

History repeating itself in another region - LTV ratios of 90-97% existed in the USA before the 2008 crisis.. It was unsustainable there, it won't work in Asia either

On 6/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There's no such thing as financial prediction - between now and 2023 plenty of unforeseen events could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the baht gets weaker (against USD/Euro) rather than stronger. As for the UKP though - who knows...

and the US$/Euro, also who knows, not just the £

On 6/5/2019 at 6:39 PM, watgate said:

What better way to bring Great Britain back into the EU and not proceed with Brexit is to hurt their citizens where it hurts, in the pocket book. The central bankers are ruthless and will resort to everything and anything to maintain control and stay in power. 

If you believe that you know the EU is corrupt...

Archived