This Pound to Baht exchange rate prediction is enough to make you cry

£ v baht is irrelevant. Cable is your concern. All that matters is cable. As long as cable keeps its head above water as it has done thus far through all the brexit drama then the £vbaht will take care of itself. 

And that forcast....????

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, watcharacters said:

No one can even say for certain there'll be any life on the planet..

Does that mean , there will be no more sex tourists in Thailand.  OMG

13 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Sent 2 mins ago.

I meant i posted that chart on another thread on Monday.  I should have been more specific.

The thread title 'Can the baht hold 39'2135055082_ScreenShot2019-06-06at09_50_09.png.54dde891ac8d3f44836a271dd46ef6a1.png

Due to the mess of Brexit (and lack of positivity, which the markets hate) the £ is artificially low.  Once Brexit has been sorted and within a couple of years, I would expect the £ to strengthen year on year and both the Euro and Baht will hit the economic buffers due to the unsustainable monetary policy of the EU and the surplus in houses (over 100,000 unsold as we speak) and the very frightening high level of personal debt which could implode if proper controls are not brought to bear very soon. I also think that Thailand will also experience a detrimental effect of the trade spat between USA and China, but the UK should benefit, as has already been said by the President.  My advice is, sit tight and hang on to your hat for a bit of a bumpy ride in the coming year or two, after that, all things being equal we should start riding the crest of the wave!   

IMHO things will improve after Halloween ,when we are out....Deal or No Deal

Having said that ,I have no confidence in the current bickerers !

I think pressures on dollar and euro will "temporarily" up the value of the pound ,but whether that can be sustsained into 2020 depends on stable non bickering government !

Good Luck to us all !

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

If and when Brexit is resolved, whether on a Remain or Leave basis, the pound will rebound. Don't despair fellow Brits.

It won't rebound to 50 in one fell swoop.

It will take as long as it has taken to fall below 40 as it takes to get back up to 50 IF all the problems  in the UK are resolved

9 minutes ago, phka said:

The buccaneering brexiters must be very proud of themselves they have reduced the GREAT British pound 

To micky mouse money

The British pound certainly isn't "great" Its been in decline at least since 1917. A little blip like Brexit will only temporarily halt or hasten the slide. This has also been discussed on the "39 baht" thread. there's plenty website evidence to back this up. Nothing "Great" about the pound or indeed Britain

IMO... Everybody is a loser where Brexit is concerned.

There was very little research done into what it would take to exit the EU - this shows in the chaos that is todays British political climate - nobody even considered Northern Ireland?

As I stated earlier, it was hype and teenage enthusiasm for 'their team' that decided the fate of a nation, anyone with half a brain understood how deeply entrenched into the EU Britain is and the implications of making such a massive decision swayed by liars (Boris) and the farce that is facebook.

The Russians are really happy with two things they helped engineer - Donald Trump and Brexit...

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The EFA predicts a low of just 27 Baht to the Pound by 2023, which would value 1,000 baht at £37!

Now our funny talking friends from the Isles will know how it feels to be an Yank.  Don't feel bad, the greenback is at 31 and change and dropping.  We feel your pain.  

However my friends.  Just one more stake in the heart of retirement and long-term stay in Thailand.
Institutionalized xenophobia
Constantly changing Immigration rules that consistently make if more difficult to remain
No consistency in the implementation of immigration laws between immigration offices if not between individual immigration officers
Draconian Immigration monitoring of foreigners (compulsive address checking and fines;  in some cases, yearly physical home checks and required interviews with non-family members to make sure married men are not somehow gaming immigration by being married to a Thai - for some of our unfortunate married expat friends, this is yearly harassment)
No viable path to at least permanent residency for men married to Thai women and who have raised and supported families
Constant Thai MSM articles framing foreigners as generally bad people who are bent on taking advantage of Thailand

This year - four months of choking PM 2.5 particulate and the moniker of "The Worst Air in The World
One of the most dangerous places on Earth to drive and often "The Most Dangerous Roads in the World

-- and now my Brit friends (and all of us effected by a overly strong Thai baht)
Our money simply does not buy much anymore and may eventually not buy enough to be worth staying in what is still a cross between a Third-World and Developing county.  

Best to have a Plan B and be willing to execute it when Thailand finally becomes too stupid to live in.  Imho, it's just a matter of time. 

The pastures are getting greener elsewhere.  

16 hours ago, watgate said:

What better way to bring Great Britain back into the EU and not proceed with Brexit is to hurt their citizens where it hurts, in the pocket book. The central bankers are ruthless and will resort to everything and anything to maintain control and stay in power. 

Total BS. The Euro is as much down to THB as the Pound is.

Brexit and a massive trade deal with the US will strengthen the pound. The US$ has been relatively stable against the Baht.

17 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was here when it was over 90 to the £, during '97. So not at all impressed. But hey ho, I only visit for holidays.

It's the people who live there on a fixed income who it really hurts.

And the UK pensioners don't get a full pension like UK pensioners.

Who speaks out for the pensioners in Thailand. If the pension is based on the cost of living here UK pension should be doubled that of the UK.

Lay away a little in a decent crypto.  It'll pay in spades over time.  Just avoid watching it every 30 seconds as the pullbacks can be brutal, yet should be considered merely corrections.

41 minutes ago, dode57k said:

The British pound certainly isn't "great" Its been in decline at least since 1917. A little blip like Brexit will only temporarily halt or hasten the slide. This has also been discussed on the "39 baht" thread. there's plenty website evidence to back this up. Nothing "Great" about the pound or indeed Britain

Have faith my friend. 

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

And the UK pensioners don't get a full pension like UK pensioners.

Who speaks out for the pensioners in Thailand. If the pension is based on the cost of living here UK pension should be doubled that of the UK.

Only the truly stupid Brits admitted to living in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Works for me, it should bring down the number of Brits in Thailand considerably.

I do believe it will go to the  20's.

I would miss all the news headlines here involving Brits.  Always makes for interesting reading.

15 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Do not believe the propaganda of the EU. The pound will be strong again when the UK leaves this horror-EU ... if not the patriots will do it, someday the immigrants will free themselves from them ...

the pound will get stronger when the uncertainty over brexit is resolved either with a deal on brexit or a cancellation of brexit, a no deal brexit would be a disaster for the UK economy and probably result in a break up of the UK

17 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There's no such thing as financial prediction - between now and 2023 plenty of unforeseen events could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the baht gets weaker (against USD/Euro) rather than stronger. As for the UKP though - who knows...

I kinda think that the junta fared very poorly with the economy...since we have effectively the same government again, I don't see the baht doing too well longer term against the $US. I am paid in $. The pound has other issues which will impact it. I am fairly bullish about the pound longer term, if they do a no deal Brexit. If they take the non-Brexit option they will be mired in debt and be no different that when the were in, except they will have no veto.

Don't despair Brits, the pound has every chance of rising again give a no deal Brexit and a world economy recovery and the This Baht has every chance of weakening with the junta still in charge.

Archived