This Pound to Baht exchange rate prediction is enough to make you cry

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

You will be seeing less of this one if the forecasts are correct . I won't be able to afford to go out !

Me too,  i have ordered  a kindle .

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, watgate said:

What better way to bring Great Britain back into the EU and not proceed with Brexit is to hurt their citizens where it hurts, in the pocket book. The central bankers are ruthless and will resort to everything and anything to maintain control and stay in power. 

"Great" Britain???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

18 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Lay away a little in a decent crypto.  It'll pay in spades over time.  Just avoid watching it every 30 seconds as the pullbacks can be brutal, yet should be considered merely corrections.

Just make sure the person controlling the funds does not die and take the passwords with him...

14 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Wait till the over borrowed Thai economy collapses again and Daddy Farang IMF has to save em yet again. The £ will recover after Brexit.

Quiet so. But if the Chinese keep flocking here no chance. The value of the Baht is maintained by the demand for the Baht. Also foreign currency reserve which Thailand has plenty and covers all it's foreign debts. Retirees 20,000B having to be kept in a Thai Bank is very helpful to the foreign reserve and deserved a greater % interest

16 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Do not believe the propaganda of the EU. The pound will be strong again when the UK leaves this horror-EU ... if not the patriots will do it, someday the immigrants will free themselves from them ...

I think the heat and the sun is not good for you. 

33 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

Total BS. The Euro is as much down to THB as the Pound is.

Brexit and a massive trade deal with the US will strengthen the pound. The US$ has been relatively stable against the Baht.

I arrived in Thailand 2004. exchanged USD for 45 THB, GBP for 85 THB.

Both have lost, but the Pound has really been hammered against all currencies.

Trump is well on the way to destroying the USD, a perfect storm is brewing and only a fool would make a prediction more than a month ahead.

As for trade deals, who would trust or believe anything the USA promises today?

3 minutes ago, Humpy said:

When these poxy UK politicians get their s#@t together and get a No Deal Brexit sorted you will all be pleasantly surprised....or am I dreaming ?

Just keep of the beer it's very expensive , Low Know with sprite satisfies me.

20 minutes ago, elliss said:

Me too,  i have ordered  a kindle .

Amazon have a new 8" , spec reads goaod. I'll be .replacing my 7" Amazon fire later on. Ordered from e -bay UK or direct from Amaxon

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just did a transfer; 39.8.

Not a good move. Put your countries money in a foreign Currency Acc and change some of it into Baht when needed. How much will you lose should it rise 1 Baht.

17 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why no link to the source ? :mellow:

Very often than articles made by ThaiVisa "News Team" don't show a link to the source :sad:

You should know that many readers may want to read more about some of these subjects,

and it's not always easy to find the source, even with Google help...

How can one show a Link to the source,, It's impossible to Forecast the future. If we all knew  than we all would be Billionaires. Suck it up and cop it on the chin, Our AUD isn't faring much better.   ????

17 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There's no such thing as financial prediction - between now and 2023 plenty of unforeseen events could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the baht gets weaker (against USD/Euro) rather than stronger. As for the UKP though - who knows...

It depends very much on Brexit. If no Brexit the Pound will rise to at least Bht 45 (depending on the strength of the Baht against the US$).If Brexit with an agreement, probably the same as now and possibly a moderate rise to about Bht42. If no deal Brexit the Pound will fall to some Bht 35 in the short term. In the long 0r medium term it depends on how the British economy performs, In my view negatively, unfortunately!

6 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Not a good move. Put your countries money in a foreign Currency Acc and change some of it into Baht when needed. How much will you lose should it rise 1 Baht.

Not a bad plan Percy. I only transfer enough to pay Mrs Owl's lottery bill every two weeks.

Any spare dosh goes into PMC ounce and physical gold. A crash for all the world currencies is due.

13 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

How does majority deserve caps when it was 51%?

That would infer almost half the population was against Brexit - only those with the mentality of a 13 year-old got carried away by the facebook hype, helped along by meddling Russians and lying idiots like Boris the UK Trump....

Those with brains voted against it, so the only logical conclusion is there are slightly more dumb people in the UK than intelligent...

Once Brexit is cancelled the Pound will revert back to 50, which is still ridiculously low against the manipulated Baht. That bubble will burst soon as well and then we could be back to 70 again.

Everyone's guess is equally valid...

I thought they had weakened Chang lately, whatever the strength you’re definitely drinking too much of it. 

16 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Do not believe the propaganda of the EU. The pound will be strong again when the UK leaves this horror-EU ... if not the patriots will do it, someday the immigrants will free themselves from them ...

The EU are not the source for this prediction, so is definitely not EU or any other “propaganda”.  The EFA are an independent org who advise corporate clients who make large currency purchases.  These people need good information to make decisions (obviously they don’t ask brexiteers for that).  Smart corporate purchasers rely on the advise of orgs like the EFA.  The EFA have a good track record predicting currency movements.  GBP will continue to fall.  Anyone with GBP to exchange would probably be foolish to wait.

17 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

Don't believe the Brexiter propaganda, they said the pound would recover within 3 weeks of the referendum, now we are down >30% against the Baht. You are hopelessly wrong, the pound will crash even further if we leave the EU and rise if we remain.

I'm on the side of those predicting the currency value is like scrying/soothsaying.

I'm very surprised that the Brexit lovers who believe in an upward rate of the GBP in the future don't consider that there could be a S(mall)B, not a GB.???

18 hours ago, JamJar said:

I was here when it was over 90 to the £, during '97. So not at all impressed. But hey ho, I only visit for holidays.

It's the people who live there on a fixed income who it really hurts.

That was when the Thai Stock Market crashed and that rate only lasted for a few days

The current and future rates don't just affect people who live here - if affects Tourists to - their holidays are more expensive - given the GBP - Euro and Aussie $ rates at present Thailand can expect a very sharp fall in visitor numbers - people will be looking for destinations that they can afford to visit

For example when I used to come here on Holiday the rate was between 58-62 to the Pound - I could afford to come 2-3 times a year - at this rate it would be once a year

47 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Not a bad plan Percy. I only transfer enough to pay Mrs Owl's lottery bill every two weeks.

Any spare dosh goes into PMC ounce and physical gold. A crash for all the world currencies is due.

Agree but hope you are not talking about physical gold in Thailand? The only ones who win there are the gold shops.

I have had an account with Bullionvault for years, I suggest you look into that. I bought 1 kg in 2007 and sold in 2012, doubled my investment. Since then I have been waiting for the next opportunity but at the moment it is too risky for my liking.

Archived