Correcting half-fake news: immigration

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Rising? Then rising exponentially? What's next? Rocketing upwards?

Figures?

I provided one figure: 40,000 foreigners on retirement visas in Pattaya alone. 

In the early 2000s, the number was closer to 40...

You also have your eyes to actually see, providing that you have been here long enough. 

Long lines at immigration offices or consulates are a relatively new thing. 

How did this happen if the number of applicants did not increase, a lot? 

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because we're not American, so haven't been ripped off by our government all our lives, and Thai government hospital charges are very reasonable. I'm OK with accident insurance, but not forced health insurance with bogus outpatient charges.

Full stop. Just because you MAY have to buy medical insurance does not mean you have to use it.

The lowest level of medical care in Thailand can be found at a government run hospital. If you want to roll the dice there on a critical matter, go ahead. Otherwise use your insurance at a more reputable place.

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because we're not American, so haven't been ripped off by our government all our lives, and Thai government hospital charges are very reasonable. I'm OK with accident insurance, but not forced health insurance with bogus outpatient charges.

I would say there's way less white men here than there were 10 years back when you could buy a 1 year VISA from your home country for 120 pounds, then continue to stay here on monthly VISA hops, forever. In those days I had a big crowd of drinking buddies in CM, now they've all gone.

You're not correcting anything, you're just advancing your 'Thailand is a wonderful place' agenda. I have no reason why you have such an agenda as it clearly isn't honest or truthful.

"You're not correcting anything.."

Yup-bang on..

They all must have been to a "farang" Real Estate convention (lot's of freebies) in Bangkok recently.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I provided one figure

Cool.

And that was extracted from which orifice exactly?

I specifically request the plural.

23 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Figures?

Not sayin' you're loopy, just not getting your point(s)?

I'll be off looking for a good popcorn meme. This thread will be locked before I'm back?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

More a result of China and India being encouraged to visit IMHO.

Not many white folk at immigration any more.

Every post you make has a left-wing anti-white agenda.

You must really hate yourself.

You are not getting better at trying to read between the lines. 

Now why don't you go once at Jomtien immigration and once at Savannakhet consulate, and see with your eyes, rather than your imagination, the proportion between Westerners and Chinese in the lines? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, LongTang said:

Don't be fooled, The numbers are not rising.

The only reason the consulates are full is because back to back 30days stamps are no longer practical and the masses that used them in the past are now forced to apply for a visa in the consulates.

Back to back stamps have not been available for many many years. 

Thus, they are only part of the explanation. 

Whether people like it or not, there are more foreign residents these days than there were say 15 years ago, as explained, with examples, by a member from Ubon above. 

Being frequently in Ubon myself, I can confirm his observations. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, INV said:

OP it's not so hard to understand why there are long ques in immigration, its because of all this shit

we need to deal with, rapport this, TM 30 that, get married and you see what kind of shit you need to deal with

regards papers, home visit, etc, etc. Get papers to get a driver license and all kinds of stupid

crap. So sure immigration offices are packed with people try to follow all this stupidity

These requirement were there 15 years ago... they were not created last year. 

I had a non B visa and a work permit in the early 2000s...the paperwork and the process (5 month long) was mindboggling... but at least I didn't have to go through long lines to reach the desk of an officer. 

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

How would your country of origin deal with thousands upon thousands of Thai, Cambodian or Laotian people arriving every day? 

Put them in Isle of White and Northern Ireland I guess. ????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

Vientiane introduced an appointment system, now fully booked two months in advance.

False info from months ago when they had problems. It is 2 to 3 weeks now for tourist visas. Less for non immigrant visas.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

False info from months ago when they had problems. It is 2 to 3 weeks now for tourist visas. Less for non immigrant visas.

Thanks, I was incorrect but nevertheless my point is still valid - why would they limit the number of applicants, other than a huge increase in numbers?

2 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

Thanks, I was incorrect but nevertheless my point is still valid - why would they limit the number of applicants, other than a huge increase in numbers?

The number they had applying have been high for years already. I recall reports of them processing 4 or 5 hundred people a day.

Apparently they were trying to put some order into effect to control the dailey number of people that showed up. 

59 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Immigration could substantially reduce their workload by abolishing the 90 day physical appearance (mine doesn't do online) and granting PR to retired/married/employed residents after three trouble-free years in the Kingdom.

Immigration does not get money from people with PR, so this won't happen.

• Thanks 1