Democrats ask Trump to rethink U.S. Independence Day speech as his plans proceed apace

webfact

4th of "trump"?

How Trump will remake the Fourth of July to his benefit

For President Trump, every day is Presidents’ Day.

As Trump prepares to turn Independence Day into a political rally, the question is not why he has decided to crash the nation’s birthday party on the Mall, but why he didn’t do it sooner.

One by one, he has tried to remake our holidays to his benefit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-trump-will-remake-the-fourth-of-july-to-his-benefit/2019/06/07/584e49da-8934-11e9-a491-25df61c78dc4_story.html

Nixon redux?

I had forgotten about this and this history is interesting and relevant to what "trump" is going to do soon.

Interestingly, there were violent clashes back then, which I have basically predicted will probably happen at this "trump" hijack of 4th of July as well. 

I am not hoping that I'm right but I can't see how it can be avoided when the most divisive president in American basically POISONS what should be a most UNIFYING national celebration.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jingthing said:

I am deeply offended that this toxic demagogue white nationalist president is hijacking the grand tradition of NONPARTISAN Washington DC 4th of July celebrations!

All decent Americans should be against this.

BTW, I predict if he goes ahead there may be violent clashes between his fans and his opposition. Over 90 percent of Washington DC residents oppose this president. I think he probably wants there to be violence. He can spin that with his Fox propaganda machine.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The white nationalist awarded the Ellis island medal along with Rosa Parks and Ali for his work helping black youth as well as other similar awards. The white nationalist appearing as a hero in several black rap songs, just where do you get this white nationalist tag from, or are you being satirical? 

trump-immigrant.jpg

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

'White Nationalist' inviting young blacks to leadership summit to the White House

Maybe someday when someone invents something called Public Relations, we'll have an explanation for what he's doing.

In the meantime here's one piece of evidence:

Decades-Old Housing Discrimination Case Plagues Donald Trump

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

And he's still lying about it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Awesome deep dive to find a picture of trump with some black people. Joe DiMaggio there on the left.

trump's father was the white nationalist, assuming he didn't go to Klan Meetings for the robes? trump is just your basic closet racist. According to some on The Apprentice, his racial epithets were staggering, and he wouldn't let a black sound technician fit him for a microphone. Housing discrimination, Central Park 5, where to stop?

Column: We all can learn something from Donald Trump’s token black friend

I feel sorry for Lynne Patton. How humiliating it must have been to be dragged before the public as Donald Trump’s token black friend.

That’s not why I pity her, though. Most African-Americans, at one time or another, have been called upon to vouch for a white friend’s authenticity. If not that, we’ve certainly been held up as the token African-American in our workplace.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/dahleen-glanton/ct-met-dahleen-glanton-donald-trump-token-friend-20190301-story.html

How about YOU try the truth once in a while. Bad case of TDS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1