LAZADA wallet no longer available to foreigners???

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

i strongly suspect that this is now already the case for their non-Thai customers in practice, in any event!

A few months ago I ordered some items from Lazada which turned out to be faulty. My wallet was eventually refunded with the amounts which I had paid COD, with the refunds subsequently credited to my bank account at my request after a few more weeks.

However, it strikes me that, assuming that Lazada's practice is only to make refunds to what are now non-existent wallets as far as we non-Thais are concerned, the only logical inference which IMHO can be drawn is that they have, in effect, also adopted a policy of NO REFUNDS TO NON-THAI CUSTOMERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.

That being the case, Lazada can now take a running jump as far as I am concerned.

I received a refund in my wallet and was after discussions able to activate the wallet and pay for an order with the wallet.

• Like 1

Just carried a Lazada purchase. Lazada Wallet -Truemove Wallet -Credit card and  on line all unavailable to me.

Used the ATM option

I logged into my Android Bangkok Bank app

Followed the simple instructions

Entered my transaction number

That was it.

All paid for

Easy

Maybe they will stop this next month

17 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

Much easier to pay with a credit card, which I always do. The few times that I have requested a refund they just return the money to the credit card.

In addition, using a credit card gives the added security that in case of any problems, the credit card issuer will take care of things.

Must admit. Complained this week about an item delivered nothing like advertised. Kicked up a stink on chat. Got an email after doing returns form on line. Money was back in my wallet 2 hours later despite being told they had to receive it back first!!!555????????

• Like 1

I can no longer buy anything using my bank card from this site as when I try to enter the 3 digit code on the back of your card the page disappears when trying to enter the 3rd digit, very strange. never happened before but permanently like this now. I did inform them, but it fell on deaf ears.

Anyone have any clue about this?

1 hour ago, Essex Reject said:

I can no longer buy anything using my bank card from this site as when I try to enter the 3 digit code on the back of your card the page disappears when trying to enter the 3rd digit, very strange. never happened before but permanently like this now. I did inform them, but it fell on deaf ears.

Anyone have any clue about this?

Sounds like different cards -different problems.

I have a  Bangkok Bank credit card.

After entering the 3 digit code I face an extra security page.

On this I have to enter my passport number. ID cards for Thais -passports for foreigners

However it will only accept passport numbers in  Thai format i.e. first 2 digits are consonants.

As I say the ATM option works for me.

1 minute ago, Delight said:

Sounds like different cards -different problems.

I have a  Bangkok Bank credit card.

After entering the 3 digit code I face an extra security page.

On this I have to enter my passport number. ID cards for Thais -passports for foreigners

However it will only accept passport numbers in  Thai format i.e. first 2 digits are consonants.

As I say the ATM option works for me.

No, use to work fine with the card I try to use now, and it's the same with other cards. Anyway, no biggie just very odd.

21 hours ago, OJAS said:

i strongly suspect that this is now already the case for their non-Thai customers in practice, in any event!

A few months ago I ordered some items from Lazada which turned out to be faulty. My wallet was eventually refunded with the amounts which I had paid COD, with the refunds subsequently credited to my bank account at my request after a few more weeks.

However, it strikes me that, assuming that Lazada's practice is only to make refunds to what are now non-existent wallets as far as we non-Thais are concerned, the only logical inference which IMHO can be drawn is that they have, in effect, also adopted a policy of NO REFUNDS TO NON-THAI CUSTOMERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.

That being the case, Lazada can now take a running jump as far as I am concerned.

I ask all those who have had bad experiences to come together and make a complaint, companies like these must disappear, the little one who sells a fake software is casified and Lazada is not?

I was going to buy something small on lazada,I found it in a shop so much easier.it would have being harder using lazada.i have union pay on the bank of Bangkok bank card.i would have had to get my thai friend to pay and use her address as it seemed I could not finish setting it up.maybe they are making things harder now for everything in Thailand for a farang

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, stevenl said:

I received a refund in my wallet and was after discussions able to activate the wallet and pay for an order with the wallet.

So your wallet was activated and works normally because you got some refund money there and you complaint? Now it remains active and you can top it up and use it? I guess I need to receive a refund as well.

After 6 months and maybe 30 orders, I received a tax invoice/receipt for a ฿500 order that was delivered from Thailand.  No idea what it is about but since it says invoice/receipt, I will take the receipt option.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:07 PM, trd said:

I prefer cash on delivery. No hassles.

Yes there is. In the event of the item being faulty it proves to be difficult in obtaining a refund. Before they stuck it in the wallet. What they do now to refund you is to get you to send them a photo of your passport, being a foreigner, and a photo of the first page of your bankbook.    

Yes there is. In the event of the item being faulty it proves to be difficult in obtaining a refund. Before they stuck it in the wallet. What they do now to refund you is to get you to send them a photo of your passport, being a foreigner, and a photo of the first page of your bankbook.    

As it happens I had experience of this a couple of weeks ago. I ordered something COD and it was faulty. Getting a refund was not difficult at all. I printed out the return label from the Lazada website and took it with the box to my local Kerry office which is just down the road and they sent it back to the supplier in Bangkok. Meanwhile I went on chat and conversed with someone at Lazada and they asked me to post a scan of my passport and Bank book which just took a couple of minutes and then a few days later the money was in my bank. Job done. What's difficult about that?

1 hour ago, trd said:

As it happens I had experience of this a couple of weeks ago. I ordered something COD and it was faulty. Getting a refund was not difficult at all. I printed out the return label from the Lazada website and took it with the box to my local Kerry office which is just down the road and they sent it back to the supplier in Bangkok. Meanwhile I went on chat and conversed with someone at Lazada and they asked me to post a scan of my passport and Bank book which just took a couple of minutes and then a few days later the money was in my bank. Job done. What's difficult about that?

We don't all have scanners and printers. Putting the refund in the 'wallet' had to be the best and easiest option.Well for the likes of myself.

2 hours ago, trd said:

Assuming that you sent your passport & bank book copies by snail mail I bet that the trip to the post office took rather longer than a couple of minutes. And did Lazada refund you the cost of the postage stamp?

Assuming that you sent your passport & bank book copies by snail mail I bet that the trip to the post office took rather longer than a couple of minutes. And did Lazada refund you the cost of the postage stamp?
What? Can you read my post again. I sent scans of my passport and bank book via something called the internet. You might have heard of it [emoji3] and Kerry is a private courier service used by Lazada and when you print a label there is no cost to send it back.
  • Like 1

We don't all have scanners and printers. Putting the refund in the 'wallet' had to be the best and easiest option.Well for the likes of myself.

My scanner was a camera on my phone and I don't have a printer either so on the odd occasion when I want to get something printed out I put it on a thumb drive and go down to the local print shop. It sounds like too much for you. What's it like getting out of bed in the morning? [emoji3] Anyway I wanted the money back. I didn't want to put it into a wallet to spend again on something else. You can't apply for wallet if you're a foreigner.

10 minutes ago, trd said:

What? Can you read my post again. I sent scans of my passport and bank book via something called the internet. You might have heard of it emoji3.png and Kerry is a private courier service used by Lazada and when you print a label there is no cost to send it back.

But in the post to which I was replying you stated "they asked me to post a scan of my passport and Bank book"! How on earth was I supposed to infer from that statement that you had accomplished this heroic feat "via something called the internet" instead of by snail mail - which is (quite reasonably IMHO) what I had understood your reference to "post" to mean in this context.

Clearly you're someone who gets a kick out of playing word games with others - and making them out to be idiots when they make the wrong call.

• Confused 1

But in the post to which I was replying you stated "they asked me to post a scan of my passport and Bank book"! How on earth was I supposed to infer from that statement that you had accomplished this heroic feat "via something called the internet" instead of by snail mail - which is (quite reasonably IMHO) what I had understood your reference to "post" to mean in this context.

Clearly you're someone who gets a kick out of playing word games with others - and making them out to be idiots when they make the wrong call.

Thanks for your "post".
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

They sell them at Lazada !   LOL

So? Yeah that's funny. Get a life.

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Apologies

Due to regulations, Lazada wallet is now open for Thai citizens only.

Please contact Customer Support for further details.

Been like that for a few weeks now. If you're a farang they will transfer your wallet contents into your bank account on showing them a copy of your passport and a copy of the first page of your bank book within 7 working days. I've been waiting 9 working days till now. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So? Yeah that's funny. Get a life.

Yes, about as funny as your name, and we all know what Ivor Biggun said he was! Now I shall put LOL to show it is meant as a JOKE!