Taxi driver: "I didn't mean to attack two Korean tourists - they wanted the meter on"

rooster59

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

banning him driving is useless as no Thai follows the law. Same as taking away his taxi licence. Maybe an incentive is to crush the taxi at the wreckers and make him clean other taxis for a year give him time to think how stupid he was.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

He drove of with 200,000 bht luggage from another passenger before. Okey and what was his jail sentence then??

Did he pay back the 200 k he robbed that previous passenger?

And is he paying back the 2 Koreans?

hospital bills  the phones he took?

etcetc 

Why does he still have a license to drive a taxi?  Why does his company continue employing him?  Why has the company not been questioned about their employment procedures?

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Yesterday the victims presented flowers to the police in appreciation of the quick arrest.

Very honorable that these ladies took time to go and purchase flowers so quickly after their injuries and trauma ????

7 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Why does he still have a license to drive a taxi?  Why does his company continue employing him?  Why has the company not been questioned about their employment procedures?

Why hasnt he been send to jail on previous theft charges? and why isn’t his taxi license been cancelled?

Why isn’t he paying back the victims?

I don't like saying this because my son is Thai but today I'm having one of those "This is Thailand " moments.  In general, and you will never be able to get this point across to them because they are just so proud of their country that there isn't anything really wrong it is just us Farang bashing them. 

The system or total just total lack of their education system seems to spills over to their leaders and the BIB which is the reason this guy wasn't already in jail.

The excuses they come up with makes it hard to not notice!  You can't make this stuff up as to how stupid they think and being as such I would suggest Thai men are just too stupid to be criminals. ????️‍♂️  If I was this stupid I kill myself!

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

they felt much better - especially knowing their assailant was in custody.

They won't feel quite so good, however, if they were to stick around Thailand and later find out that the taxi driver probably will get off with a slap on the wrists, and probably won't even have his taxi license revoked...despite being a criminal

And if they're really unlucky, they'll probably meet him again driving the same taxi on their next trip to Thailand!

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

So what punishment did the taxi driver get?

You, Farang, will never ever know.  It will never be published.  

Example: What ever happen to the puuyai Piset Nakhaphanworking who worked for the  NATIONAL Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) working at Chang Wattana who cut off a taxi driver who then had the audacity to horn his horn ...then Mr. Special stops his Honda, gets out and aims a gun at the driver - all caught on camera.  The guy, according to Thai press, lost his position (transferred?) but after that - who knows.  Criminal charges. <laughs> Only for the little people. But, correct me if I'm mistaken. But that case, like this case - will disappear. 

So, don't expect to hear about this taxi driver either.  Thailand must save face at any costs.  

My daughter is a Stewardess for Japan Airlines.

Every time BEFORE she gets in the Taxi, takes a pic of license plate.

Once in the Taxi takes the pic of his ID and license number and makes sure the driver face matches the I D.

THEN she send that info in Line and calls us and we talk to her until she gets out of the Taxi.

Many stories of cabbies raping women and doing other things.

31 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Definitely a cultural thing in Thailand. 

Please stop beating and robbing the tourists.

Screenshot_20190605-123941_Chrome.jpg

Foreigner bad.
Thai good.

Bad foreigner pee off pier - send to jail.
Good Thai kidnap and beat foreigner - maybe give award.

"Meanwhile it has emerged that this was not the first time Thanadech had stolen from a passenger."

Multiple theft from passengers and still have his Taxi license. How about take his driver license, taxi licence and anything that can make him commit another crime against tourists? 

If I know the BIB's right they give him another 500 bath fine and a slap on his wrist. 

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Definitely a cultural thing in Thailand. 

Please stop beating and robbing the tourists.

Screenshot_20190605-123941_Chrome.jpg

It's a new trend among almost every taxi and tuk-tuk drivers in Thailand, beat up and steal from foreigners. (by my experience worst in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai and Pattaya)

Worst nightmare when you travel around in Thailand by bus, train or airplane, at the destination you will need a Taxi or tuk-tuk.

That's why I bought a car long time ago, for my own safe transportation around in Thailand.

Keep the speed limit, valid driver license and tax sticker on the windshield, no hassel with the police.

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Until they start policing their own,

Isn't it the job of the RTP and DLT to "police" them? Second offence and should never be driving taxis again! And replace the tourists phones, pay for their medical bills and Xbaht for bashing them! All this just for starters!

Well, Mr PM do your job as the country's 'elected' leader and enforce your RTP to seriously do their duties!

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:
6 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Surprised that he wasn't disqualified from ever holding a licence to drive Public Service Vehicle again after the first offence.

License ?

As this is his second offence 007, I suspect he's working his way up to a licence to kill?

What a POS!  Again....Just wonder if the cops actually did real police work.  I always laugh to myself when they make their comments about us western guys guys, knowing that these scrawny weak excuses for a man could never make it in our world.

Continued embarrassment for Thai's and Thailand!  Could you imagine the effect on these people, if all tourist stopped coming for just one year.  Just think how fast it would actually become the land of smiles again...

Archived