Repercussions at airport when leaving NOT having reported address 90 days for 8 months

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not going to happen. Airport immigration will never enforce that. Can you imagine the backup of departing passengers that could occur. Also what do you think would happen if they did not have the money to pay the fine?

Just to dial back on the drama...

I said that...

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

a message pops up for the IO advising them of the lack of a valid TM47 on file?

I didn't mention, or suggest, that a fine would be imposed on the spot.

Perhaps the IO mentions this to the departing passenger? Perhaps they get redirected to a separate desk and issued a warning. Many possibilities I guess, which do not back up passengers, or require sourcing funds?

Yes, I did mention the fine range, if only to raise awareness for those in-country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Perhaps when and if that day comes, the TM6 will become the only address notification necessary (as it should be in an integrated system)  and a further trip to re register your address within 24 hours of arrival becomes redundant.  Both are equally likely, or unlikely, depending on your perception of Thai Immigration efficiency. 

TM6 is something you scribble, no one is checking.

TM30 requires a registration with a proper location contract or tabien baan (or hotel, depending), and is entered in a database.

As for the trip within 24 hours, online is becoming more widespread... I will test it myself later this month.

Nothing at a airport since they do not check for 90 day reports. The only thing the are interested in is your permit to stay date.
How about if he applies for a re entry permit ..will it come up then ?
Presuming he wants to come back into Thailand ,and retain his current viss status.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

TM6 is something you scribble, no one is checking.

TM30 requires a registration with a proper location contract or tabien baan (or hotel, depending), and is entered in a database.

As for the trip within 24 hours, online is becoming more widespread... I will test it myself later this month.

I think you will find that the TM6 number is on your Immigration file.

Do you scribble your TM30 form?

23 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I would think this would flag up when he returns and does his first 90 days. Maybe?

When he returns it would/should flag up within 24 hours of arrival when he does his TM30.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Perhaps when and if that day comes, the TM6 will become the only address notification necessary (as it should be in an integrated system)  and a further trip to re register your address within 24 hours of arrival becomes redundant.  Both are equally likely, or unlikely, depending on your perception of Thai Immigration efficiency. 

Thai immigration "efficiency"????

9 minutes ago, sumrit said:

When he returns it would/should flag up within 24 hours of arrival when he does his TM30.

You mean if he does his TM30. ????

9 minutes ago, sumrit said:

About two years ago we went across into Burma at Masai for a few hours, the next time I did the 90 day reporting  at our local small Immigration Office I was asked why a TM30 form hadn’t been lodged.

I was under the mistaken belief that because I had my own house book it wasn’t necessary.

The female IO was okay and said it showed up on their system because the arrival card is barcoded and Immigration doesn’t acknowledge Farang House Books.

I was advised that in future make sure the TM 30 form is lodged on return after leaving the country.

So it would appear that their system does pick up some non compliance events

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You mean if he does his TM30. ????

Agreed.  I come and go on visa waivers every three weeks or so.  Stay two weeks.  Put wife's house as address on the TM 6 and often get a thumbs up from the Isaan immigration police officer IO on duty.  Practically on first names basis with some.  

Stay at Nana hotel one night so presumably they do the initial report.  After that who cares. I don't... I doubt she even knows about the BS requirements of reporting her husband is at home. In fact I know she and 99% of Thai people would not know and why should they. 

5 years so far. No IO hassles at Swampy.

We normally live in Oz but due to my work it's easier and cheaper for her to stay in the village and me visit. 

• Haha 1