Pink Card and 7-Eleven Loyalty Card

I now have my Pink Card after getting my Yellow Book organised. What benefits does this Card bring? For example, will it enable foreigners to enjoy the benefits of getting the 7-Eleven Card that is available to Thais? I do not suppose it will bring BTS in line with state-owned MRT regarding Elder discount cards for trips made?

I called 7-Eleven today and after a long delay being pushed around their switchboard they said I should try again to get my 7-Eleven Card at a shop. It seems the Pink Card does not have the SMART chip that the normal Thai ID-Card has, so they could not enrol me! You would have thought that after the rigmarole getting the Pink Card, they could at least have incorporated a chip in it!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, anglesea said:

What is a pink card and how do you get it?

It's a non-Thai ID card.

First you must get a Yellow Tabien Baan, then you get the pink ID card from your local Amphur.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:57 AM, arithai12 said:

I use it to get Thai admission price at various venues.

Flat refusal at 2 national parks I saw it attempted at. 

Left the holder highly deflated after banging on that it would allow Thai price entry. 

• Thanks 2

Wouldn’t be without my pink card I get discount on the ferries and I no longer have to pay immigration 500 baht to get letter of residency when purchasing a vehicle and when I do my yearly extension of stay I provide a copy of it along with my yellow book to immigration the local dentist charges me Thai price as well as does the local private hospital. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Flat refusal at 2 national parks I saw it attempted at. 

Left the holder highly deflated after banging on that it would allow Thai price entry. 

Where and when was that?

Last time I used mine to get Thai admission prices was at three different venues in Pattaya (a Water Park in Bang Saray, underwaterworld and Nong Nooch gardens) a few weeks ago during the Songkran festival and got the Thai price. Not only that, I had five family members on holiday from the UK with me and (at the water park and Underwaterworld) I was told I could buy entrance tickets for them, using my pink ID card, for the Thai price as well.????

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 2

So at least we now know who wears the Trousers in You're House....
Wears the trousers ,owns the house,owns the car,has all the money,loads of land ,more running shoes than you can count,and handbags,,but is the best thing that ever happened to me,and still is 23 years down the line,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dogbarker said:

Yes I have obtained the senior bts card with the pink card. It also works forbid rather than passport with bts. I often use it when asking for deliveries and discounts .. I have flown domestic with it .   got into parks and generally is a card many Thais seem impressed you have bothered to get .., also helped with opening a bank account and changing money without passport. Home mall gave me a trade discount card ! I should say flash it about and see if it opens thinks for you ... My moo baan office  now give me far better treatment than when I was just a farang .. Now I am a pink card farang! Better to have it than not if you can ..

Age 60 or 65 for BTS?  MRT is 60.  And how about ferries? 

Edited by moontang

50 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If I'm in rented accommodation, how do I get a tabien baan? (Yellow Tabien Baan.)

Ask your landlord about doing it. If they would agree to allow you to get one based on their Tambien Ban it can be done.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:49 AM, sumrit said:

Where and when was that?

Last time I used mine to get Thai admission prices was at three different venues in Pattaya (a Water Park in Bang Saray, underwaterworld and Nong Nooch gardens) a few weeks ago during the Songkran festival and got the Thai price. Not only that, I had five family members on holiday from the UK with me and (at the water park and Underwaterworld) I was told I could buy entrance tickets for them, using my pink ID card, for the Thai price as well.????

National parks.. Inthanon first and a national park area on the Pai Rd (Kiew Lom maybe). 

Both times the parks staff were flat refusal Thai citizens only. And I have talked my way into the Kiew Lom one with just a Thai drivers license before (but not that day). 

So the whole 'thai price at government places' is nonsense. Its still entirely a beg and ask situation. 

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

If I'm in rented accommodation, how do I get a tabien baan? (Yellow Tabien Baan.)

Depends on your amphur.. So you have to go ask locally. 

Generally its a long term lease, the house tabien baan (any name) long stay visa, bring along witnesses (often the pho yai baan, which is a bit onerous) and often your landlord if in rented. 

Some places its easy, a simple checklist, other places they seem to think they are precious and make life so hard many people give up (go get translations from bangkok, just keep adding requirements) etc etc. 

On 6/9/2019 at 12:38 PM, Dogbarker said:

also helped with opening a bank account and changing money without passport

Are you saying that you opened s bank account without a passport? I think that is impossible.

9 minutes ago, SNowtiger said:

I think that you also in the computer system.

What computer system? Not the immigration one. I've never shown my non-thai ID card to immigration, they are not interested in a farang proving tho then that they are not Thai 555

On 6/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, grahambkk said:

I called 7-Eleven today and after a long delay being pushed around their switchboard they said I should try again to get my 7-Eleven Card at a shop. It seems the Pink Card does not have the SMART chip that the normal Thai ID-Card has, so they could not enrol me! You would have thought that after the rigmarole getting the Pink Card, they could at least have incorporated a chip in it!!

Unfortunately it does not have the same standing as a Thai ID card because we are not Thai and  even although I do have one and have found it useful on occasions it’s use is limited.

I was advised that the strict legal position is that it is only valid within the jurisdiction ( area)  in which it was issued.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, crazykopite said:

Wouldn’t be without my pink card I get discount on the ferries and I no longer have to pay immigration 500 baht to get letter of residency when purchasing a vehicle and when I do my yearly extension of stay I provide a copy of it along with my yellow book to immigration the local dentist charges me Thai price as well as does the local private hospital. 

That just confirms the inconsistencies that apply from Province to Province.

Here in Chiang Mai Province they will not accept the Pink ID Card when renewing the driving license but require a letter of residence from Immigration for which there is a charge, they will however accept the card when registering a new vehicle.

Fortunately the local hospital and dentist I use don’t seem to have a two tier pricing system, not yet anyway, so the card isn’t needed.