UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, david555 said:

Snide get snide... , as the Brits are not humble in that for sure ,smiley's are added by me to make no misunderstanding about what I try to say, as you sure noticed I am not an anglophile , and writing English is sure not my strongest point as self instructed , and it so difficult to get something under some skulls here , and yes I am a guy who like to laugh .

To enjoy a Brit in snide conversations  ,you have to wind them up , just like I did as a toddler before battery's came in the toy's ….:tongue:

But thanks anyway to put me in premiership category …. at least you sounds as  sportive guy's , hope you stay so also when loosing ….

You are right your English isn't your strongest point and smileys don't make you any more coherent.

I am not a member of any French, German or any other foreign forum...…….my foreign language skills are insufficiently polished and I would likely look foolish.

the only thing they can do good for me …:tongue: this " farce " has come to an end.   

Can  you explain how this farce affects your personal life?

I am intrigued however, but not surprised, that you are not an anglophile. What have we done to make you anglophobic?

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No it was one of your remaining followers. Never mind I am glad you are so interested in the politics of the UK. Your country must be so boring or I guess you just follow the EU as you do whatever they say.

Keeping an eye on the other side you know …..gathering information 

6 minutes ago, aright said:

You are right your English isn't your strongest point and smileys don't make you any more coherent.

I am not a member of any French, German or any other foreign forum...…….my foreign language skills are insufficiently polished and I would likely look foolish.

the only thing they can do good for me …:tongue: this " farce " has come to an end.   

I am intrigued however, but not surprised, that you are not an anglophile. What have we done to make you anglophobic?

You can not make a difference between Anglophobic  and just resistant to Bullies ? And defending against arrogance ?

5 hours ago, david555 said:

The equivalent of approx. 55440 Thai baht a year …. waw..! how generous from U.K. :cheesy:

You really shouldn't get involved in issues you don't understand and no I'm not here to teach you!

Scotland gets more money per head of population from the UK than England Wales or Ireland. 

1 minute ago, aright said:

You really shouldn't get involved in issues you don't understand and no I'm not here to teach you!

Scotland gets more money per head of population from the UK than England Wales or Ireland. 

So they even get lower than that ….:ohmy:

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

You can not make a difference between Anglophobic  and just resistant to Bullies ? And defending against arrogance ?

Stop acting like the EU Commission. I can make a difference between Anglophobic and anything I want to without your permission.

2 questions remain unresolved.

What have we done to make you anglophobic?

Can I add a third......why are you so reluctant to answer questions?

1 minute ago, aright said:

Stop acting like the EU Commission. I can make a difference between Anglophobic and anything I want to without your permission.

2 questions remain unresolved.

What have we done to make you anglophobic?

Can I add a third......why are you so reluctant to answer questions?

Even being only  a European in your eyes , I am not dancing on someone hand by request …, I don't 

1 hour ago, Jack100 said:

Seems , in the heat of the moment , somebody hasn't thought this through properly . 

I forget his name ! 

OK ,  i will give you a clue, begins with a B, and rhymes with conkers.

The only good tory , is a lavatory. krap.

11 hours ago, evadgib said:

Not long to wait until votes for life based on NI No's becomes a reality.

"No taxation...." an' all that! ????

UK taxpayers ,  allowed to vote ,  based on NI , contributions , I Agree.

Scroungers , what ever their home country , should not , be allowed a vote.

Look at the mess democracy ?,  has brought UK to it,s knees .

On 6/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, billd766 said:

At least I AM from the UK unlike Chomper who refuses to say where he is from.

I've outed him a few times on here, in the interests of transparency and context. When commenting on this topic it makes a huge difference where you come from IMO. I really don't understand the reluctance from some posters to say where they are from. 

Chomper is from Belgium btw. That's right; where they get all that added attention and financial benefit of having the EU parliament in the capital. A country that would disappear into the abyss if the EU project collapsed. They'll always have Poirot and chocolate to be proud of I guess ????

On 6/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, david555 said:

Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor

Wed 12 Jun 2019 15.50 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/12/brexit-shambles-has-ruined-uk-reputation-says-senior-diplomat

Brexit ‘shambles’ has ruined UK reputation, says senior diplomat

Outgoing high commissioner in Singapore says Britain seen as divided and ‘careless of truth’

Scott Wightman, Britain’s outgoing senior diplomat in Singapore, has said Britain is now seen worldwide as a country beset by division, obsessed with ideology and careless of truth.

In a valedictory note, he compared Brexit to the fall of Singapore in 1942 and said major investors expect future investment in Europe to be directed more towards Germany and France.

The remarks, first reported by Politico, came as the high commissioner left his post to take up a job in his native Scotland.

more...

A Scotsman bashing Brexit....now there's a surprise! 

2 hours ago, Benroon said:
13 hours ago, Benroon said:

I see HMRC are now saying less than 10% of UK companies are prepared for a no deal Brexit - and haven't even applied for the export licenses they are going to need, assuming the brexiteers aren't going to add the HMRC to their long list of independent organisation who are 'bias' - so that's going to end well isn't it !

Following on from yesterdays statement from the NHS stating there is no way they can get enough medicines stockpiled ready for a no deal Brexit! 

Even multi millionaire de pfeffel Johnson has now admitted it will hurt the UK (but won't hurt him in the slightest) 

All going swimmingly......I honestly can't wait for the bedlam, will be fun to watch.

any brexiteers wish to pick this up ? UK industry not part of the post Brexit plan ? medicine shortage not a problem ?

So now you've got EVERY major industry employer, economists, financiers, HMRC, the 'beloved' NHS against Brexit, whilst in the blue corner you have multi millionaire Boris de pfeffel Johnson who's ONLY ambition is to be prime minister and who's cash will insulate him from the chaos he wants providing the premiership gets onto the family crest, and a smattering of online forum brexiteers who haven't the faintest idea how this will play out ...and Joan Collins !

As somebody has already pointed out, around 5% of UK businesses trade with the EU.  So why would the other 95% apply for export licenses they wouldn't need? 

As for medical supplies, the NHS England website seems to suggest we are well prepared: 

Will I still be able to get my prescription medicines and medical products?

Yes. The Government is working closely with the NHS and suppliers to make sure medicines and medical products continue to be available in all scenarios. Occasionally, however, the NHS does experience temporary shortages of specific medicines. If this happens, you will be prescribed the best alternative to your usual medication as is normal. This will ensure that your treatment continues as normal.

If there are any shortages of medicines after EU Exit, your doctor or pharmacist will advise you of the best alternative to treat your condition, as per normal.

This will typically be a different brand of medicine or perhaps lower strength medicines to make up the same dose. On rare occasions, it may mean a different medicine to do the same thing, but prescribers will be supported on how best to do that should it be necessary.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/eu-exit/medicines/medicines-faq/

Is it going to be like it was during the war when everything was scarce and rationed? Fear not, Boris will save us! (If he's all we've got, we are in trouble). All the blundering buffoon cares about is becoming PM.

Thank God I retired to this third world country.

38 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Is it going to be like it was during the war when everything was scarce and rationed? Fear not, Boris will save us! (If he's all we've got, we are in trouble). All the blundering buffoon cares about is becoming PM.

Good luck that you retired and that the Third world country took you in. It is shame that you have turned your back on the country then fed and educated you, regardless of your political view.

7 hours ago, david555 said:

Keeping an eye on the other side you know …..gathering information 

keeping your eye on the other side and constantly belittling and criticising the UK for leaving the EU and how insignificant it is. I would suggest that you are bitter, jealous and somewhere a Brit has peed on your bonfire. Never mind the transparency is clear.

Meanwhile in the real world. Today the E.u commission budget chief Gunther Oettinger has finally conceded that there is no legal requirements for the U.K to pay the £39 billion divorce bill. Thus proving that Boris Johnson’s threat to withhold this payment is no idle threat.

Busted! Brussels admits there's NO WAY to force UK to cough up £39bn Brexit bill

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

keeping your eye on the other side and constantly belittling and criticising the UK for leaving the EU and how insignificant it is. I would suggest that you are bitter, jealous and somewhere a Brit has peed on your bonfire. Never mind the transparency is clear.

Are you not doing the same … but in the direction of the E.U. ? seems like a kettle is blaming the cooking pot he is black under .

any wording can be just bounced back to you what you are accusing me of, I know you try make me mute ….. hopeless even to think that 

Boris Johnson once said:

"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive".

Looking for Elvis is now the primary mission of Branson's mission to mars and make sure that the next olive you get in your martini isn't hairyi

My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/boris_johnson_182269
My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/boris_johnson_182269

29 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Meanwhile in the real world. Today the E.u commission budget chief Gunther Oettinger has finally conceded that there is no legal requirements for the U.K to pay the £39 billion divorce bill. Thus proving that Boris Johnson’s threat to withhold this payment is no idle threat.

Busted! Brussels admits there's NO WAY to force UK to cough up £39bn Brexit bill

Why did you not gave the full tory ,or at least the link to it …? it is on this general page , but much more detailed with quotes who maybe you did not like so much ...:tongue:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1140103/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Brexit-bill-budget-Boris-Johnson-next-prime-minister-update

Full story in attachment 

express.rtf

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It’s not going to happen, but some would say that for food to be rationed in the U.K. it might not be a bad thing. As the country is in an obesity crisis.

And as we will be able to source food supplies from the whole world at lower prices, perhaps you are correct, there is one downside to Brexit.

Stay at home and spend your money in GREAT BRITAIN ! 

A lower pound keeps Britain's at home and brings in much needed foreign currency from foreign tourists attracted by cheaper costs. #BREXITBONUS

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/300412/brits-opting-for-staycations-post-brexit-finds-wttc-research

Archived